News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

mikejs78

Premium Member
The other site is reporting Baymax and Inside Out will move here too.
Reading the other site, I think they may be speculating based on the blue sky photo... Unless @marni1971 or someone else wants to confirm...
We know that Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope will be moved over here, as has already been announced, but we expect to see Baymax and the Inside Out meet and greet migrate over to this pavilion soon. The reason for moving these characters out of Innoventions West is for the inevitable demolition of the Innoventions buildings, as part of Epcot’s major overhaul.
The article seems to read a lot into a Disney Parks Blog post. From the other site:
For now, the ImageWorks station will act as a temporary home for these character meet and greets until Disney announces a more permanent home down the road. To explain the thematic reasoning for having all these different characters in one spot, the Disney Parks Blog has stated that each meet and greet location will serve as a “portal” to a different world.
But the Disney Parks Blog doesn't say anything about "all these different characters in one spot", it says:
Beginning November 9, Disneyland Resort guests will find Ralph and Vanellope in Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure park. They’ll also be heading east to Walt Disney World Resort, where you’ll be able to meet them at Epcot, starting November 21 in Innoventions West. And a new experiment will soon be underway at the Imagination Institute, creating a portal into other dimensions. This winter, that portal opens a window on the internet for Ralph and Venellope to step through for regular encounters with Epcot guests in the ImageWorks area of the Imagination! pavilion.
These are two different things. Now, I'm not saying it won't happen, but it's not like the other site has a great track record on stuff....

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Reading the other site, I think they may be speculating based on the blue sky photo... Unless @marni1971 or someone else wants to confirm...
The article seems to read a lot into a Disney Parks Blog post. From the other site:
But the Disney Parks Blog doesn't say anything about "all these different characters in one spot", it says:
These are two different things. Now, I'm not saying it won't happen, but it's not like the other site has a great track record on stuff....

I concur.

The Other Site is presuming the eventual loss of Innoventions based on the blue sky concept and is *surmising* that all the M&Gs currently in CommuniCore/Innoventions will come to Imagination Pavilion's ImageWorks (which it may be the case), but, there is nothing definitive from what they said that that is happening now.

The deconstruction is just in Imagination's ImageWorks making way for the WiR M&G. It's just Ralph and Vanellope moving for now. Nothing in Innoventions is being deconstructed for now.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They already tore down and ripped out the heart and soul of Epcot years ago (and poured a little more salt in that wound more recently as well), what's a few more buildings at this point? :(

sedati

There was a rumor of themed garden areas that would push the pavillion themes outward and give better visual cues as to what lay hidden inside. This wouldn't be a bad first step- Future World suffers from a certain sameness. There's a subtle difference in that the East side is more angular and artificial while the West is more organic and natural, but I think and hope this will be taken much further.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom