News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
So from what I gather this is what was announced:

Illuminations temporary replacement with "Classic" Epcot songs
Illuminations final replacement with IP
BatB sing-along in the France pavilion (NOT replacing Impressions de France??)
Official name for the Ratatouille ride

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So from what I gather this is what was announced:

Illuminations temporary replacement with "Classic" Epcot songs
Illuminations final replacement with IP
BatB sing-along in the France pavilion (NOT replacing Impressions de France??)
Official name for the Ratatouille ride

BatB sing-along sharing IdF's theater, e.g., alternating shows.
O Canada getting a movie refresh

ChrisFL

Premium Member
O' forgot that one....maybe because I'm "meh" about it. The existing Canada film is only a decade old (as far as the new shots and not the ones they re-used from the old film).

Why not shoot a new Impressions de France as that's the one that's nearly 40 years old? :rolleyes: (as LONG as they keep the soundtrack of course)

Kman101

Even though some of it we knew, some (most ... lol) of it was meh, it was still a decent list (and by decent list, I mean the amount of announcements, not the quality of them) of announcements for this kind of event.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
O' forgot that one....maybe because I'm "meh" about it. The existing Canada film is only a decade old (as far as the new shots and not the ones they re-used from the old film).

Why not shoot a new Impressions de France as that's the one that's nearly 40 years old? :rolleyes: (as LONG as they keep the soundtrack of course)

They currently are.

donsullivan

Premium Member

He said the new movies (Canada and China) would both be using new digital cameras which suggest all new footage.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I have to say that it is a credit to those who made the original Impressions that it still doesn't look dated really at all. Maybe some of the clothes, but not glaringly so. Which is part of why so many of us love it so much. It has a timeless quality to it.

Yeah, the clothes and the cars are quite obvious...I'd really like to know what the actual France CM's think of the movie since it's about twice as old as most of them!

MuteSuperstar

Yeah, the clothes and the cars are quite obvious...I'd really like to know what the actual France CM's think of the movie since it's about twice as old as most of them!

Haha well I almost never watch movies made after 1989 or so, so I guess I am not as sensitive to the dated aspects. I didn't even think of the cars. :) And it has been over 4 years since I've been to wdw now.

GlacierGlacier

Sorry if this has been discussed, but in that NYT article detailing the investment into expansions etc, they referred to the central hub/Innoventions area of Epcot as “Future Showcase”. Anyone have any insight?
The NYT article is generally flawed. Large publication rarely get niche theme park facts and rumors correct. The FW refresh is happening (at some point) (probably) (on the back burner).

Fairsky

The FW refresh is happening (at some point) (probably) (on the back burner).

Ugh... I’m grateful for the new investments in Epcot, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE start the redesign of Future World. Once SWGE is done, for the first time in years WDW won’t have any large scale new lands in development. (New Fantasyland, Pandora, Toy Story Land, Gaxaxy’s Edge). It’s time to turn their energy to Future World in a big way.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Ugh... I’m grateful for the new investments in Epcot, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE start the redesign of Future World. Once SWGE is done, for the first time in years WDW won’t have any large scale new lands in development. (New Fantasyland, Pandora, Toy Story Land, Gaxaxy’s Edge). It’s time to turn their energy to Future World in a big way.

I suspect at this point we will not see anything but small parts of the Epcot 'spine' project started unless they can be finished before the 50th Anniversary. We've heard multiple reports that they are hoping to make Epcot the center of the celebration and they will not the core of the park to be a construction zone during that period.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I suspect at this point we will not see anything but small parts of the Epcot 'spine' project started unless they can be finished before the 50th Anniversary. We've heard multiple reports that they are hoping to make Epcot the center of the celebration and they will not the core of the park to be a construction zone during that period.
Celebration would be MK centric.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom