News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Haymarket2008

Does anyone else find it really frustrating to see full, fleshed out plans for a park like WDSP and then turn around and see nothing like that for DHS and Epcot? I understand that Florida is getting heavy investment right now but even when it does, it seems to get the short end of the stick.

We deserve to know what's happening with WoL, Imagination and the Spine. And if the answer to what is happening to those areas is little to nothing, it's a real shame.

AMEN to THAT. It's wild.

shortstop

Does anyone else find it really frustrating to see full, fleshed out plans for a park like WDSP and then turn around and see nothing like that for DHS and Epcot? I understand that Florida is getting heavy investment right now but even when it does, it seems to get the short end of the stick.

We deserve to know what's happening with WoL, Imagination and the Spine. And if the answer to what is happening to those areas is little to nothing, it's a real shame.
We aren’t, as fans, entitled to know the ins and outs of their plans. Of course we would all love to know but there’s no reason for them to announce the full scope of their plans if some of the phases are 5+ years away. Besides, while what WDSP is getting is nice, I don’t want something like that to ever come near Epcot.

Dr.GrantSeeker

What I want to know is how Disney can build out the massive redo to WDSP for €2 billion? They are getting Frozen, Marvel, and Star Wars. I feel like the equivalent in USD, roughly $2.5 billion, would not get us nearly all that. Granted they have already spent R&D dollars on developing these attractions and lands elsewhere. But hey, what do i know?

FigmentJedi

What I want to know is how Disney can build out the massive redo to WDSP for €2 billion? They are getting Frozen, Marvel, and Star Wars. I feel like the equivalent in USD, roughly $2.5 billion, would not get us nearly all that. Granted they have already spent R&D dollars on developing these attractions and lands elsewhere. But hey, what do i know?
Marvel is mostly "Retools of existing buildings" and Star Wars is being cut in half. That's how.

Timothy_Q

And apparently the WDSP stuff only accounts for a little over a half of the €2b.

Seems the rest is for DLP and Disney Village

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Don't you mean - lovely, nighttime show area?

I am excited to see the park before all the changes. When we return it will be a completely different park.
Yeah. You’re kind of going to DCA in summer 2010 like we did. It had just started but hadn’t hit high gear yet.

As someone who went to WDSP when it was three months old what you see will still be better than it was originally.

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

Angi hasn't done Catastrophe Canyon, and I am excited to do it again. So at least there is that. And I want to feel the disappointment that is the Armaggedon effects room.

Now, how about dishing on all those Epcot spine changes that you're keeping secret. You know, to get us back on topic. :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Angi hasn't done Catastrophe Canyon, and I am excited to do it again. So at least there is that. And I want to feel the disappointment that is the Armaggedon effects room.

Now, how about dishing on all those Epcot spine changes that you're keeping secret. You know, to get us back on topic. :D
Armageddon is pretty neat and very clever technically. If it all works!

ppete1975

I think I finally figured out how they could do imagination right. I keep hearing inside out and I'm super sad if that meant figment getting evicted... but why not combine them.. An inside out ride with a room to each emotion.. figment causing all of the commotion. Mad happy sad scared (show the control board with the inside out characters in each room have the emotion that the room is dedicated to character talk) ex. anger could get all mad have flames fly out of his head and basically a nice animatronic in each room . and at the end have the original dreamfinder figment blimp and the original song throughout.
55b900c0.jpg

Figments Friend

- An E-ticket in four different lands....Baxterland indeed!

- I never realised it before, but now that I see your drawing I notice a pyramidal weenie in Thunder, Splash, Indy. And of course Imagination. Plus the Star Tours logo is pyramid shaped. Maybe you noticed it unwittingly, maybe you did and exaggerated it in your drawing. (At some point in drawing class they teach a pyramidal composition in every classical painting. Your drawing has the exact composition of Gericault's Raft of the Medusa ). Either way, with or without your conscious awareness, it looks like we uncovered a Baxter special.

Wow....i never really noticed any of this until you mentioned it.
This is pretty deep!
:oops:

I'm a self taught artist with no formal training / schooling....i just draw things in a way that appeals to me.
Who knew i was unconsciously emulating certain things!
Cool.
:cool:

I can share a fun story related to the 'Heart of All Creation' Tony tribute design -
A rather famous personality within the 'JII' circle of friends who shall remain anyonomys saw the design before i had presented it to Tony and was convinced i had snuck in a naughty 'hidden' image related to male anatomy within Big Thunder Mountain.
Think of the artwork done for the original 'The Little Mermaid' VHS release and you will get the idea of what i mean.

I was actually rather shocked, hearing this come from this person, but it was also very, very funny.
Of course i didn't intentionally put this...ahem...addition in purposely.
Some of those rock formations on Disneyland's original 'Mountain' certainly look phallic to my eyes.
I blame those naughty Imagineers of the mid-70s....
:joyfull:

-

brb1006

So I just found an unlisted playlist of "Language Arts Through Imagination" which was part of Disney Educational Productions made from 1988 till 1989. The series starred Figment and one of the few times Figment was spotted outside of the parks.

Here's the playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuL0d0AOafoeP_3inPxbnjxRweElG7k-9

I also created a thread giving more attention to the forgotten series
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...-through-imagination-starring-figment.939249/

Here's one of the episodes.

mikejs78

Premium Member
So what's the latest here? After they still planning on gutting Communicore? Making the spine a sparse jungle? Or have saner heads prevailed? And are we still looking at 2022/23 timeframe?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom