• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

jaxonp

Please please put something in WOL... that side of future world would be pretty busy with GotG and the new restaurant with exsistin TT and MS! It would leave the other side pretty bare though!

HauntedMansionFLA

Advertisement
Please please put something in WOL... that side of future world would be pretty busy with GotG and the new restaurant with exsistin TT and MS! It would leave the other side pretty bare though!
Tron or Space Mountain would have been lovely in that location.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Someone theorized that WOL would become the space restaurant. That sounds about right.
Oh no, you might be on to something. But that's a lot of real estate for one restaurant. WoL is very large.
Yes, maybe so. But maybe there will be more to it than just eating. Maybe there would be an educational piece to it? And then of course, some shopping? Sitting right between two space rides seems to make sense.
Nope. As has been said quite a few times the restaurant is going south of MS.

I'm pretty sure Martin's never said anything was coming to WoL at this time, it's set to be a festival center for a chunk of the next decade. But as he always states, that can change.
I have said the building is no longer under a will be removed order. I’d be surprised if anything happens this year but it’s not longer going to necessarily be demoed.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
I mean marni1971 is never completely right either. I’m the latest post he pointed out that something new coming to the wonders of life pavilion is just speculation.
I recently (since Christmas) posted that WoL may not be a festival Center for long. But not to get too excited for now.

Aha. Found it. Posted January 31st:

At the moment it isn’t but let’s just say demolition isn’t as certain as it may once have been.

There’s also a semi recent idea that maybe festival space isn’t the best use of a $85 million dollar facility.

In the meantime anything used by cast or guests has to be maintained. It’s likely this is work that can’t be ignored anymore.
I'll also be the first to say I’m never right all the time. I have no desire to be to be honest. It’s all just for a bit of fun.

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

It does. After seeing it myself I can tell you that the location of the new DVC kiosk will sell you like never before.
or it could be a really big picture of a cup cake. I can see it now cupcake center. They had to repair the roof so that it would hold the giant cherry they are putting on top.:hilarious::banghead:

jaxonp

It's going to be this great place for DVC members to go and.. ohh wait, you're saying they already did that to another unused pavilion.. ohh WoL will now be used for runDisney expo center.

HauntedMansionFLA

It's going to be this great place for DVC members to go and.. ohh wait, you're saying they already did that to another unused pavilion.. ohh WoL will now be used for runDisney expo center.
It could be used to educate people on the benefits of exercise and generally taking care of yourself. I know they were shamed when the had information about obesity- most of their demographic that visit the parks (sadly)

EvilChameleon

So hey, since this seems to be the general EPCOT thread, hopefully when they do the drones in the new Illuminations, it looks like what we saw for the Opening/Closing Ceremonies for the Winter Olympics.

Absimilliard

The current rumor for the Guardians roller coaster put it as a Vekoma roller coaster. If that is true, then it is amazing news.

Why? Vekoma currently has the most talented layout designer in the industry and I am very looking forward to see what he can pull given the rumored family coaster specs on the ride. Bill Watkins was the genius who had designed the WDW and DL Space Mountain layout and I want to see if Benjamin Bloementhal (the incredible designer at Vekoma) can beat Mr. Watkins glorious work.

trainplane3

The current rumor for the Guardians roller coaster put it as a Vekoma roller coaster. If that is true, then it is amazing news.

Why? Vekoma currently has the most talented layout designer in the industry and I am very looking forward to see what he can pull given the rumored family coaster specs on the ride. Bill Watkins was the genius who had designed the WDW and DL Space Mountain layout and I want to see if Benjamin Bloementhal (the incredible designer at Vekoma) can beat Mr. Watkins glorious work.
It's too bad Vekoma's taken their good old time to refine their train designs and to stop using the ever so prominent Arrow track design. EE was the first Vekoma I rode that convinced me they can make a smooth coaster.
well...
that's a rather dubious boast - basis for that claim?

werner stengel is semi-retired, but he's still working, btw
;)
Not nearly as "seasoned" but Alan Schilke is making some truly great stuff with RMC. He also can be partially blamed for killing Arrow. That can be a good thing, right?

Top Bottom