News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

BrianLo

Nope.

The highest full figure is slightly more, not including a resort.

Slightly related- we heard a lot about 3.5 billion or so for DHS and about 350 for MK/Epcot/AK, a few years back. Did they basically end up realizing Epcot was a disaster and shift a large portion of money (and projects) to Epcot as a result?

I understand 2 odd billion for Epcot, but I'm certainly no longer seeing 3-odd for DHS anymore.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Slightly related- we heard a lot about 3.5 billion or so for DHS and about 350 for MK/Epcot/AK, a few years back. Did they basically end up realizing Epcot was a disaster and shift a large portion of money (and projects) to Epcot as a result?

I understand 2 odd billion for Epcot, but I'm certainly no longer seeing 3-odd for DHS anymore.
DHS once SWL opens will be around 2 billion. TRON obviously is now going elsewhere and the parking garages aren't happening. That's half a billion not being spent. For the other half I've no idea.

Epcot could easily have pushed three billion in the next eight years.

BrianLo

DHS once SWL opens will be around 2 billion. TRON obviously is now going elsewhere and the parking garages aren't happening. That's half a billion not being spent. For the other half I've no idea.

Epcot could easily have pushed three billion in the next eight years.

Thanks. That's the first I've ever heard that Tron was considered a DHS project.

I was thinking more along the lines of Ratatouille and Guardians both at one point being DHS considerations (albeit the second in a much different form).

I'm still a bit confused on the entertainment redo. That seems the far simpler task they could have been plugging away at.

P_Radden

Thanks. That's the first I've ever heard that Tron was considered a DHS project.

I was thinking more along the lines of Ratatouille and Guardians both at one point being DHS considerations (albeit the second in a much different form).

I'm still a bit confused on the entertainment redo. That seems the far simpler task they could have been plugging away at.
@marni1971 correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Tron for DHS slated to be a Fantasmic replacement?

cheezbat

Definitely glad MK was getting SOMETHING in time for the 50th, and Tron will be fun...but DHS needs so much more than it's currently getting. Star Wars and Toy Story are nowhere near enough. Get that animation area cleared out for another land, and plop an Indiana Jones ride in the park.

Epcot...needs more EPCOT, less IPcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom