News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

raymusiccity

Apparently someone has never heard of the "Invisible Oxygen Dome". We need to be able to accept a certain level of creative freedom when making theme park attractions. Is the Invisible Oxygen Dome any less ridiculous than some of the "visions of the future" we saw in Horizons or World of Motion? It's certainly not as far fetched as putting Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot. That's taking a much bigger creative leap.

Agreed. Some people need to get a grip. Complaining about not being able to breath in the outer space of Space Mountain, is like complaining about walking over a bridge from Africa to find yourself in Pandora! :eek:

brb1006

For those that hadn't seen it
1026_nws_ocr-l-dishotel-0313.jpg
1026_nws_ocr-l-dishotel-01112.jpg

rocketraccoon

Unless Colortopia started using actual paints, something in Innoventions East smells of fresh paint. No visible changes, but the VISION House had one of its glass doors cracked open a bit with a tarp behind it. Wonder if they're fixing it up for something.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hey @marni1971, I found a very good quality video of The Age Of Information found at Communicore. This is the only video I could find that has a good and easier to hear version of the song. I wish this was found before your Spaceship Earth/Communicore tribute video so this could had been added.

Thank you. It was a great find. And me too! Guess I'll have to use some of it in the Communicore edit :)

brb1006

Thank you. It was a great find. And me too! Guess I'll have to use some of it in the Communicore edit :)
This is also the first time I got to hear the entire song in good quality. The song is actually ahead of it's time and might had predicted the future. It's such a shame it never gotten a CD release or included in any of the Disney Theme Park attraction music. Because now that song is stuck in my head. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is also the first time I got to hear the entire song in good quality. The song is actually ahead of it's time and might had predicted the future. It's such a shame it never gotten a CD release or included in any of the Disney Theme Park attraction music. Because now that song is stuck in my head. :)
It's certainly one ticked off the holy grail list.

Bender123

Another thing that I might have to search till it's found.

Start shaming me now...I never really "got" If You Had Wings or DreamFight. I remember seeing how awesome the old plane was with the tables set with china and the idea air travel was romantic.

Then I remembered I flew there on Eastern or Delta and the planes were cramped, the food was horrible and it was like being a cattle car.

Why Eastern or Delta put there names on a ride that reminds you how horrible their product is compared to what they used to be is just a head scratching moment.

brb1006

Start shaming me now...I never really "got" If You Had Wings or DreamFight. I remember seeing how awesome the old plane was with the tables set with china and the idea air travel was romantic.

Then I remembered I flew there on Eastern or Delta and the planes were cramped, the food was horrible and it was like being a cattle car.

Why Eastern or Delta put there names on a ride that reminds you how horrible their product is compared to what they used to be is just a head scratching moment.
I was talking about the music

sedati

There was one scene I still remember from "If You Had Wings," from way back in 1980. There was a screen near the end (early attempt at super-speed tunnel?) that had footage of zooming down a runway and taking off on a loop. Martin has a tribute:

(thanks as always) but the scene is hard to make out. I remember being tilted back slightly for added effect, but my memory may be wrong on that. As a seven year old who had just been on his first actual flight (Eastern) and really enjoyed the take-off and landing, this crude bit of simulation made this a re-ride for me. It and its successor were both pleasant diversions with short waits even in the Summer. I'd enjoy one more trip as a nostalgic adult, but I'd put them really low on the list of rides I'd like to revisit.

As a side note, this jogged a memory. My older brother (who was not much of a Disney fan) was talked into going down with his friends after graduation. He told me that some new ride just opened and that they were at the ribbon cutting and were one of the first to ride. I had read all about "Delta Dreamflight" in the Disney Magazine, and was sad to hear he was both unimpressed with the ride and failed to appreciate what I saw as an incredibly lucky break.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom