Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique gets cozy in Cindy's Castle

JikoMarie

I hate to see this. I wonder if they are going to move Kings Gallery. Its the only place you can get Disney Merchandise in the MK thats not the cheap, mass produced, stuff that is in every other gift shop in MK.

They are not planning to move Kings Gallery according to the OP.

I think this is really too bad. First of all, I have issues with the idea of BBB anyway but I won't get into that here. Secondly, I think it's really too bad that everything is always about making more money. I realize that Disney is a business and all of that and I like to see it do well but replacing the unique, nice touches with mass production (which a second location of BBB would be) is most unfortunate. I think they have certainly strayed from Walt's initial vision.

MissM

#(*$()$_)#)@_)_#$$$()#))@@__! :fork::fork::fork:

It's bad enough that they closed the Art Store on Main Street and made it into a package pickup, but now they're closing the King's Gallery in the Castle too???

GRRRRRRRR

That is absurdly, freakin #&$*$ lame.
-m

TOTGuy

Yay for a boost in the sale of Princess Weaves!!! LOL I don't really get the whole concept of the B3, it must be a girl thing. I would much rather go on more rides than get made-over. More power to those who enjoy it!

dxwwf3

Another reason why I quit visiting the MK. It does not deserve my hard earned money.

I can't say I completely agree, but I think there is a lot of truth in what you said.

It's going to get worse before it gets any better too. I spend less time in that park than I used to and if I buy any merchandise in the parks, I get it in another park. It might not mean much in the grand scheme of things, but nothing will change as long as the turnstiles still roll and the cash registers keep ringing. And because of the knowledge of the average tourist, the MK attendance isn't going to go down when so many people think it's the only park there. I can only hope that the numbers go down and then the changes will start.

DisneyChik17

Yay for a boost in the sale of Princess Weaves!!! LOL I don't really get the whole concept of the B3, it must be a girl thing. I would much rather go on more rides than get made-over. More power to those who enjoy it!

I wish they had that stuff when I was little. I would have been all over that. It really is a girl thing. I jsut love seeing the little girls dressed like princesses walking aroung the parks. They are so cute.

Miss Bell

I really liked that store, and will miss it. I know that with my daughter being 15 that I am not exactly in the target market group for the BBB thing, but that whole this is just kind of "eww" to me. I have nothing against parents who want to treat their child to this, if my daughter was in the still in the right age group, I'd probably do it, too. But putting in right there in the castle seems tacky to me. I always think of the castle as a classy place: fancy meal, high class artsy gift store--not 7 year old hair and make-up. It's too mallish. Let's put a Build-a-Bear at the exit of Winnie the Pooh, while we're at it.

rdour@techminds

How about at the old theatre?

I almost never speculate or suggest a form of action Disney should take, however, how about this? Why not move the wonderful art and extra special merchandise to the old theatre. You know, the one on your right after you enter under the Mainstreet USA train station. At the moment the store is filled with plastic novelty items. In the back, a great little resting place with a theatre showing old Disney cartoons. Perfect place to showcase great Disney art, and those expensive items that we all look at but could never afford. Anyone else think this could be a good solution?

Ryan

speck76

With an Art of Disney store at both DTD and Epcot, and the general thought that "not every park should have the same stores / offer the same retail items" why exactly does MK need this store?

Animaniac93-98

why exactly does MK need this store?

Where else am I going to buy a sword or letter opener? :lol:(I was tempted to get one the last time I was there, but just try getting that through customs :rolleyes:)

I'm sad that this store has to go. It was the last of the old time shops that hadn't really changed, now there is no point in shopping at MK for me. (Although this is a smart move for Disney).

Now I wonder if Disney is going to make a Pirate Boutique?

The Genii

You will still find two locations like this in Disneyland in Anaheim: the first is the Disneyana shop on Main Street, the second is the Disney Gallery in New Orleans Square.

Main Street in Disneyland still has the Disneyana shop.

Main Street in Disneyland still has the Main Street Cinema showing old Mickey Cartoons.

Main Street in Disneyland still has a Market House with the old party line telephone.

Main Street in Disneyland still has a Magic Shop.

Main Street in Disneyland still has both an East and West Center street.

Main Street in Disneyland hasn't been turned into a glorified strip mall.

There are genuine and substantial differences between the people controlling the parks in Anaheim and Orlando. The folks in Anaheim believe that Anaheim is "Walt's Park," while the folks who run Orlando don't give a crap about any of that.

Jay Rasulo is trying to homogenize all the parks, and you've already seen this with the way entertainment is being treated in Anaheim (which was taken over by the folks in Florida). All the Dapper Dans and most of the performers in New Orleans Square were canned after decades. New folks were hired, but the worst part is that they new performers are all miked, and when they stand in front of you singing, the natural thrill is utterly eliminated because their voices no longer come from the singers, but from speakers all around the area.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
New folks were hired, but the worst part is that they new performers are all miked, and when they stand in front of you singing, the natural thrill is utterly eliminated because their voices no longer come from the singers, but from speakers all around the area.

The Dapper Dans were not miked when we went to WDW in January...:shrug:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
He was referring to Disneyland. I have yet to see the new Dapper Dans at DL, so I can neither confirm nor deny that they are miked, though.

Yes, I am aware of that, but based on the comment that the "folks at WDW have taken over entertainment in Anaheim", or something to that affect led me to believe the poster felt the Dapper Dans at WDW were miked, in which they are not.

CMSomeday

Totally hearsay, but when I was at BBB with my daughter last October, I was mentioning to the godmother how crowded and busy it was and asked her if any more space or help was in site. The lady said "they" are talking about approx. 4 locations in WDW and more at other Disney locations.

I asked her where and she said she wasn't sure. The previous posters comment on Epcot being next may not be far from the truth.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Totally hearsay, but when I was at BBB with my daughter last October, I was mentioning to the godmother how crowded and busy it was and asked her if any more space or help was in site. The lady said "they" are talking about approx. 4 locations in WDW and more at other Disney locations.

I asked her where and she said she wasn't sure. The previous posters comment on Epcot being next may not be far from the truth.

My money is at Norway........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom