News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Nickm2022

Don't know if anyone else noticed by the castle isn't even the WDW version, rather it's the Hong Kong Castle. It also appears what looks like a model of World of Frozen is the yellower model closest to the camera. I more want to know is there any second source on the Cars rumors for BBT? Because one difference is there are multiple sources for Moana and COCO (MK) Lion King and Tropical Americas (AK) and Figment (EP)

UniversalIsMid98

In the Parks
Yes
There we go, I fixed Beyond Big Thunder Mountain
untitled_drawing_by_murofanguy97_dhj6fl0-fullview.jpg

Chef idea Mickey`=

Don't know if anyone else noticed by the castle isn't even the WDW version, rather it's the Hong Kong Castle. It also appears what looks like a model of World of Frozen is the yellower model closest to the camera. I more want to know is there any second source on the Cars rumors for BBT? Because one difference is there are multiple sources for Moana and COCO (MK) Lion King and Tropical Americas (AK) and Figment (EP)
I noticed that as well it looks indeed as the Hong Kong castle. Is it possible since that castle refurbished was more recent they don't have a model of Cinderella Castle and this was just easier to just use it as a place point. The location to put the RSR land backdrop at the very corner looks random or are they just playing the World of Frozen model as same scale or so example the distance RSR would be from BTM..

PREMiERdrum

I noticed that as well it looks indeed as the Hong Kong castle. Is it possible since that castle refurbished was more recent they don't have a model of Cinderella Castle and this was just easier to just use it as a place point. The location to put the RSR land backdrop at the very corner looks random or are they just playing the World of Frozen model as same scale or so example the distance RSR would be from BTM..

It's unrelated models placed on a table for a TV show. Most sightline modeling is done in CAD, but when it progresses to physical scale and scope proper models of each asset are created.

I'm not saying that RSR is definitely, absolutely not coming to MK (though my contacts say it's not), but this modeling isn't evidence of anything for us regardless.

TheRealSkull

GREAT..., are they really considering this for Magic Kingdom, I hope by the time D23 comes and they will inevitably change their mind and instead find more interesting properties that could fit in with the BTM storyline and not be a mix tape of Pixar favorites (to be fair, this could be nothing like you said, and plans could change)

View attachment 789509
Screenshot_20240604_171851.jpg

;)

Chef idea Mickey`=

Why would they bring Cars to MK when it's already at DHS, and had another Cars attraction close? (I am a car-guy, but not in MK).
The DHS attraction is looks to me temporary since no Cars Land or ride FTM. Why is Another Cars ride a big deal when three track less rides exist two in same park and one closest park next door.

Last edited:

Chef idea Mickey`=

As much as I’d love to try Radiator Springs Racers (unlikely to visit WDL), I agree with others who point out that an indoor ride would be better for consistent park capacity with Florida weather.

Just add Cars to Test Track.
I once had the idea but now am accepting because I am not sure Chevrolet wants to use an IP and if it wasn't for GM/Chevrolet sponsoring and given back to Disney I'm sure then we be stuck with the second version only to have one or two Lightning McQueen and Mater inside wishing you a swell day and no third version evolvement.

TheRealSkull

The DHS attraction is looks to me temporary since no Cars Land or ride FTM. Why is Another Cars ride a big deal when three track less rides exist two in same park and one closest park next door.
Also Haunted Mansion, Finding Nemo, and Little Mermaid use the same ride system too. Heck, two of which are actual shells. So where's the backlash there?

Also almost every boat ride lol...

UNCgolf

@PREMiERdrum Do you know if the proposed Coco attraction is a boat ride as well?

I think the most recent rumors/insinuations are that it would be a flying theater attraction similar to Soarin' or Flight of Passage.

Which is very disappointing to me personally -- I feel like Flight of Passage is already about the best you'll ever do with that system; the IP was a perfect match for it. While Coco isn't the worst IP for that system, I think other ride systems would make for a better attraction. I also think simulators get repetitive much more quickly than other kinds of attractions.

J4546

I think the most recent rumors/insinuations are that it would be a flying theater attraction similar to Soarin' or Flight of Passage.

Which is very disappointing to me personally -- I feel like Flight of Passage is already about the best you'll ever do with that system; the IP was a perfect match for it. While Coco isn't the worst IP for that system, I think other ride systems would make for a better attraction. I also think simulators get repetitive much more quickly than other kinds of attractions.
i doubt they would do a fop style ride in a park with fop, hopefully not at least. water based or trackless please

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom