News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

eddie104

I wouldn’t hate if we got RSR but I think that may have been an original consideration to save on costs.

Everything seems to be pointing in a different direction now.

BrianLo

The bottom one is the one I remember, in the upper right of the model, but the Castle is in the wrong place. Of course, it may just be two separate models next to each other or just something to show the scale.
View attachment 789467

I can't even tell for sure what these are. Especially the model...

FYI that's the World of Frozen from Hong Kong in the foreground. We're looking towards Oaken Sleighs from the vantage basically over top of Frozen Ever After.

That's the Castle of Magical Dreams (HK) in the rear. It's not in the right place relative to the Arendelle model.

Based on the story boards out as well, this entire set of images screams things we raided out of a closet and threw up or on tables to get some fake shots of for our YouTube show. It's all strewn about like Lego for B-roll.

Read literally nothing into it all. IF you had to read anything into it (which I absolutely wouldn't), the connective tissue here including the SEA/Mystic Manor storyboarding is all Hong Kong.

Moth

RSR in HS might explain why @PREMiERdrum says it isn't coming to MK.
I feel HS might win out with it (Cars already in the park, would overall be a good addition for it) but I feel confident in saying Racers is heading to WDW.

I'm leaning towards MK personally because of pessimism but I can 100% see it in HS and hope that's where it ends up.

Just keep an eye on any rumor involving it, and a certain 30+ year old TV show in regards to Studios right now.

But we're getting off topic. Coco from what I heard from every source, even ones clashing on Racers, says it's a flight sim. I ate up FoP so I'm happy with it ending up as that.

Captain Neo

Also, a different angle of that Imagineer from earlier in the video. That noticeboard has Galaxy's Edge, the S.E.A. timeline, Haunted Mansion poster and a weasel from Roger Rabbit. Just seems like random Disney Parks thing just for the video
View attachment 789471

is there a high res pic of the s.e.a. Timeline? I only find blurry ones on google and I want to read the descriptions

Last edited:

Ayla

FYI that's the World of Frozen from Hong Kong in the foreground. We're looking towards Oaken Sleighs from the vantage basically over top of Frozen Ever After.

That's the Castle of Magical Dreams (HK) in the rear. It's not in the right place relative to the Arendelle model.

Based on the story boards out as well, this entire set of images screams things we raided out of a closet and threw up or on tables to get some fake shots of for our YouTube show. It's all strewn about like Lego for B-roll.

Read literally nothing into it all. IF you had to read anything into it (which I absolutely wouldn't), the connective tissue here including the SEA/Mystic Manor storyboarding is all Hong Kong.
Wha? You're saying Brayden totally made up a bunch of bs and ran with it (and people believed him)?? :rolleyes:

ChewbaccaYourMum

RSR is such a gem of a ride. It's one of the only reasons I go to DCA when I travel to Cali, otherwise I would probably spend all my days in Disneyland lol.

Living in Florida and being able to go to WDW as frequently as I do, I would love to be able to go on RSR whenever I wanted without having to get on a plane. Unlike others on this forum I can see how they can make it fit at MK beyond Thunder, but I would love if they can make it work at HS somehow and include the whole land and not just the ride. If they can find space (animation courtyard/launch bay or part of the parking lot that is rumored to eventually be expansion) and are not replacing anything, this also adds 3 new rides to HS. Desperately needed.

SilentWindODoom

Getting a non-Cadillac backdrop behind Big Thunder makes the idea sound even better to me.

Just keep an eye on any rumor involving it, and a certain 30+ year old TV show in regards to Studios right now.

Why was the first thing that came to mind Boy Meets World?

DuckTales seems late since the 2017 series ended, but a Darkwing Duck return has been supposed to happen. Goof Troop and Rescue Rangers are also in the same range.

Talespin too, but that's a total Adventureland idea. Unless they took out the stunt show and put other things in that jungle, but I'd hate to lose it. How good have crowds been since the return from the shutdown?

Purduevian

I think it's a bit different, in that (at least in my understanding) Test Track and RSR don't simply use the same ride vehicle system, but have an identical track layout
Not even remotely close, they use the same slot car ride system though (along with Journey to the center of the earth)
1717593110288.png
1717593171799.png

Assuming you were talking about BatB... it is surprisingly close if they were willing to fill in a small part of the lake, move the boat launch and find a new way to get to fantasmic (I also had to mirror the ride)
1717593690778.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom