News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

MerlinTheGoat

The first one with the picture is definitely Cars though, and it looks more substantial than just the ride if there's a neon sign visible on the side.
I thought initially that could be a green street sign, but zooming in on the picture, I can clearly see that it's the green neon from Ramone's store, AND the courthouse. I'm less certain about this, but I may also be seeing the leaning tower of tires in there. Not convinced about that one, but the other two buildings are definitely there.

But I thought the rumor was that it wouldn't include any of the town, just RSR. Unless it's a condensed version of the town with only those buildings at the end of the road.

1717525577967.png

1717525627071.png

Surferboy567

I thought initially that could be a green street sign, but zooming in on the picture, I can clearly see that it's the green neon from Ramone's store, AND the courthouse. I'm less certain about this, but I may also be seeing the leaning tower of tires in there. Not convinced about that one, but the other two buildings are definitely there.

But I thought the rumor was that it wouldn't include any of the town, just RSR. Unless it's a condensed version of the town with only those buildings at the end of the road.

View attachment 789469
View attachment 789470
That’s correct the rumor was that it was just RSR and not the larger land. I’m also not seeing Luigi’s but like you can see Ramone’s and the courthouse.

UNCgolf

Thats kinda like saying The Seas with Nemo and Little mermaid are the same ride. They are very different rides that use the same ride vehicle.

I think it's a bit different, in that (at least in my understanding) Test Track and RSR don't simply use the same ride vehicle system, but have an identical track layout -- it would be more like if they'd built TBA in DHS and left Splash Mountain running in the Magic Kingdom.

I still don't think that would necessarily be a problem, in that they're not just thrill rides so the themed content matters more than anything else (Splash and TBA obviously aren't the same attraction despite having the same conveyance and track layout), but I'm a bit more open to that complaint than I am with something as generic as "trackless/boat ride/omnimover".

Last edited:

the_rich

I think it's a bit different, in that (at least in my understanding) Test Track and RSR don't simply use the same ride vehicle system, but have an identical track layout with the same acceleration, speed, etc. at every point along the way -- it would be more like if they'd built TBA in DHS and left Splash Mountain running in the Magic Kingdom.

I still don't think that would necessarily be a problem, in that they're not just thrill rides so the themed content matters more than anything else (Splash and TBA obviously aren't the same attraction despite having the same conveyance and track layout), but I'm a bit more open to that complaint than I am with something as generic as "trackless/boat ride/omnimover".
Having ridden both I can't see how they have the same layout.

J4546

I love RSR and CarsLand as whole, wonderful ambience and collection of rides/shops/food. But please dont make a subpar clone of RSR in MK unless your gonna add the entire CarsLand. Even then, Id prefer CarsLand to be exclusive to CA

neo999955

In the Parks
No
The bottom one is the one I remember, in the upper right of the model, but the Castle is in the wrong place. Of course, it may just be two separate models next to each other or just something to show the scale.
They look like different models to me? Isn't one model on a lower table with this one above it? Could definitely be wrong and it does seem the castle part is on this elevated model - but it's pretty hard to tell. Would also be a VERY strange thing to film if it was indeed the winning project to go into Beyond Thunder. I could see them testing it out with models and sketches, of course.

1717531033079.png

But yeah, I also do not want this to come to WDW and am thankful for @PREMiERdrum's assurances.

Surferboy567

I’m not inherently against it coming to WDW it’s probably my favorite ride in California Adventure. Though it probably works better in HWS.

Also, the layouts are definitely different. The bunny hills at the end prove that along with some other twists along the way.

UniversalIsMid98

In the Parks
Yes
Mickey Views has released another video today and has said the following. Please keep in mind that Brayden is a dubious source and has a spotty record to say the least. The reason why I am posting is that he has proven to have gotten things right in the past with that disclaimer out of the way here goes:

Brayden has once again doubled down on the Radiator Springs Racers rumor coming to Magic Kingdom as apart of Beyond Big Thunder Mountain. In the first episode of the we call it imagineering series a Radiator Springs Racers model is shown. He alleges this model is actually for Magic Kingdom.

This is his exact quote..."It's a model of Radiator Springs Racers with the same basic track confurgiration as the one out in Disney California Adventure but the rockwork has been inverted. It has been flipped around and the rockwork along the back part looks like it has been value engineered down where it no longer has the big 50's car fins".

Of course, this could mean nothing but it's worth mentioning.
GREAT..., are they really considering this for Magic Kingdom, I hope by the time D23 comes and they will inevitably change their mind and instead find more interesting properties that could fit in with the BTM storyline and not be a mix tape of Pixar favorites (to be fair, this could be nothing like you said, and plans could change)

IMG_0936.jpg

Chef idea Mickey`=

The bottom one is the one I remember, in the upper right of the model, but the Castle is in the wrong place. Of course, it may just be two separate models next to each other or just something to show the scale.
I noticed that too, but the castle is in correct form looking at the more central left model, to me it's how it's viewed from looking toward the castle. The additional model on the far right end is another to show scale distance appearance of the actual RRR Land..

Chef idea Mickey`=

GREAT..., are they really considering this for Magic Kingdom, I hope by the time D23 comes and they will inevitably change their mind and instead find more interesting properties that could fit in with the BTM storyline and not be a mix tape of Pixar favorites (to be fair, this could be nothing like you said, and plans could change)

View attachment 789509
The people who are currently under waltdisneyimagineering aren't the ones of before so you can try but doubt it isn't going to change the direction they will choose to go. I also believe this direction is to balance out interests over from another larger land whether it becomes Villans or not at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom