News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

ChewbaccaYourMum

RSR is such a gem of a ride. It's one of the only reasons I go to DCA when I travel to Cali, otherwise I would probably spend all my days in Disneyland lol.

Living in Florida and being able to go to WDW as frequently as I do, I would love to be able to go on RSR whenever I wanted without having to get on a plane. Unlike others on this forum I can see how they can make it fit at MK beyond Thunder, but I would love if they can make it work at HS somehow and include the whole land and not just the ride. If they can find space (animation courtyard/launch bay or part of the parking lot that is rumored to eventually be expansion) and are not replacing anything, this also adds 3 new rides to HS. Desperately needed.

SilentWindODoom

Getting a non-Cadillac backdrop behind Big Thunder makes the idea sound even better to me.

Just keep an eye on any rumor involving it, and a certain 30+ year old TV show in regards to Studios right now.

Why was the first thing that came to mind Boy Meets World?

DuckTales seems late since the 2017 series ended, but a Darkwing Duck return has been supposed to happen. Goof Troop and Rescue Rangers are also in the same range.

Talespin too, but that's a total Adventureland idea. Unless they took out the stunt show and put other things in that jungle, but I'd hate to lose it. How good have crowds been since the return from the shutdown?

Purduevian

I think it's a bit different, in that (at least in my understanding) Test Track and RSR don't simply use the same ride vehicle system, but have an identical track layout
Not even remotely close, they use the same slot car ride system though (along with Journey to the center of the earth)
1717593110288.png
1717593171799.png

Just keep an eye on any rumor involving it, and a certain 30+ year old TV show in regards to Studios right now.
Assuming you were talking about BatB... it is surprisingly close if they were willing to fill in a small part of the lake, move the boat launch and find a new way to get to fantasmic (I also had to mirror the ride)
1717593690778.png

Surferboy567

So, the Simpsons...I know people don't like it, but in Hollywood studios I think it works.
How would that even work though? I enjoy the Simpsons and their humor (loved the film) though the show has fallen off a bit it’s still entertaining. Doesn’t the Simpsons not fit within HWS though? Would they build a Springfield?

the_rich

How would that even work though? I enjoy the Simpsons and their humor (loved the film) though the show has fallen off a bit it’s still entertaining. Doesn’t the Simpsons not fit within HWS though? Would they build a Springfield?
I'm not sure how they would do it. I don't think they would build a Springfield since that's been done already. Could it possibly be a show? Something I think might be interesting is something based off of the Halloween of horrors episodes.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
I've said it so many times and I know a lot of people disagree, but a full Simpsons' land (the size of GE) is exactly what I want. I want to step into Springfield in a way that feels way more authentic than the Universal's take and I want hilarious and exciting rides. Plus, the food and merch would be so fun. The Universal merch is lowkey bad compared to Disney quality.

It's probably my top want at Disney, cause I (and basically everyone I know) loves The Simpsons.

DCLcruiser

The DHS attraction is looks to me temporary since no Cars Land or ride FTM. Why is Another Cars ride a big deal when three track less rides exist two in same park and one closest park next door.
I'd like variety in the IP. If I want Cars, I'll go to DHS. I don't see how Cars fits Villains or Coco (I get the BTMRR setting similarity).

We currently have Frozen, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Finding Nemo attractions in multiple parks. So...
I get that you can use the same IP across parks, but I don't think Cars in MK is additive, and I can just go to DLR. It's a fun ride, but I don't really want copy/paste rides at WDW. You can use the same system/layout, but a different IP.

I heard either HS or MK will end up with it. Leaning towards MK.
DHS makes more sense. Cars seems more realistic (odd right?) and it would fit nicely into the movie-set theme. Plus, you already have the LMcQ Academy, and previous LMA Stunt Show. It fits much better than fairytale land.

DCLcruiser

If it ends up not being RSR, what else could there be besides Coco (and potentially Villains)? Strangely no one’s talked about what a Woody attraction would be like, even though the source behind it is questionable.
Coco flows nicely from BTMRR geographically, and then Villains offer so many different characters/movies that it should be multiple rides. How they can fit anything else is crazy.

Nickm2022

If they are going to replicate Cars put it in Hollywood Studios (a park that needs it) and also put it in Paris's Adventure World while you're at it. I think Coco (and even a Woody ride) make much more sense next to Big Thunder than Cars. Plus Coco would lead nicely into Villains land since Coco is all about the land of the dead, which they can easily connect to many villains inside the land (my thought is Hades or Jafar).

I also think in general Pixar doesn't work in Castle parks. Pixar works better at the DCA's, EPCOT, and Hollywood studios. I think Coco is an exception because of how it does feel a bit more Disney than Pixar. That's why I want Pixar properties like Monsters Inc, or Cars at Hollywood instead of Simpsons or Zootopia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom