News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I really hope whatever they are planning at MK includes a 2nd entrance and a likely skyliner station somehow.

I think it will include a second entrance, but only to select guests. It would shock me if BBTM didn't include an adjacent "Fantasy Springs Hotel" like inclusion. Given how many Disney parks have hotels with entrances directly into parks they are adjacent to and the insane price they can pay for the park facing rooms, I just don't see how they would pass up an opportunity to build a hotel back there.

As for RSR, I think it would be really naive to think that they would do all this expansion to MK, DAK, and HS and none of it would include any clones. Right now, I think the most likely clones would be Zootopia, the proposed Lion King ride, the proposed Pandora ride for DCA, and RSR. Zootopia is seeming less and less likely and if the DCA Pandora ride is a boat ride, I don't see them cloning that to DAK's Pandra. I wouldn't be upset with a RSR clone (it's a very solid ride) and the Cadillac Range would make a really nice backdrop (and smooth transition) coming from Thunder Mountain.

ChewbaccaYourMum

Radiator Springs Racers is an amazing ride. I would love to have it over here in WDW whether it's in MK or DHS and think it could fit in either one.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but I feel like anyone can try really hard and always come up with a reason why any ride/attraction/show doesn't fit somewhere or does. Many of the posters on this board, I feel like, are always trying their hardest to come up with reasons why things never fit over having fun with how it CAN maybe fit.

Discussion boards could be fun as well with us discussing and trying to make things fit instead of always saying Disney is dumb and doesn't care and how almost every new rumored addition NEVER fits in the land or park it's going in.

rokky

Got this from the new imagineering YouTube series. Looks like a RSR model on the same table as Cinderella Castle. I can’t make out any of the other buildings though. Could be nothing. Could be something.
VTZuDgP_d.webp

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Got this from the new imagineering YouTube series. Looks like a RSR model on the same table as Cinderella Castle. I can’t make out any of the other buildings though. Could be nothing. Could be something.
VTZuDgP_d.webp
I noticed this in the video too but couldn't quite make out Radiator Springs from it exactly. The Cadillac Range has a very distinct silhouette. Could the bridge like structure be one of the marigold petal bridges from Coco?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Someone on the internet said that instead of a second entrance, the MK train will become an Omnimover Train (like one long never-stopping train that extends all the way around MK) to transport people in and out of BBTM. Also, the new land will be themed to the train-omnimover and be called "TRAINS," which is like CARS, but with trains. Phase 2 won't be "Villains Land," -- that was someone mishearing it. It will be "Villagers Land" as an homage to all the villagers that appear in Disney animation. The Villager ride will be a trackless ride in which you go from room to room with projected images watching the villagers attempting to form an employee-owned guild while the local feudal lord and his henchmen trying to bust the guild. It will be as if based on a musical -- an all-rap musical.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Someone on the internet said that instead of a second entrance, the MK train will become an Omnimover Train (like one long never-stopping train that extends all the way around MK) to transport people in and out of BBTM. Also, the new land will be themed to the train-omnimover and be called "TRAINS," which is like CARS, but with trains. Phase 2 won't be "Villains Land," -- that was someone mishearing it. It will be "Villagers Land" as an homage to all the villagers that appear in Disney animation. The Villager ride will be a trackless ride in which you go from room to room with projected images watching the villagers attempting to form an employee-owned guild while the local feudal lord and his henchmen trying to bust the guild. It will be as if based on a musical -- an all-rap musical.
Although this is joke, do we think there's a possibility they'll add a RR station up there since it's pretty far walk from current frontier land.

TeriofTerror

"Desertland" seriously sounds like the braindead ramblings of someone without a basic understanding of biomes. I also don't know why you'd bother with that when this already seems to be shaping up so organically around the Rivers of America:
View attachment 778156
I think the real problem with "Desertland" is that people who can't spell will be expecting "Dessertland" and will be wondering where to find Sugar Rush and every cupcake they've ever seen in Instagram. 😉

WaltWiz1901

Gonna spit out a hot take and say that if they're pushing for a Cars ride in the Magic Kingdom (as ill-fitting as it seems), the most ideal thing to do would be to essentially move the Speedway out of Tomorrowland and make it a dark ride with still drivable, electric four-seater cars.

It would be "lesser" than Radiator Springs Racers, but let's not forget that an IP getting an E-ticket in one resort and a C/D-ticket in another/others has happened before, Winnie the Pooh (Hunny Hunt > Many Adventures) and Frozen (Frozen Journey > Frozen Ever After) being two such instances. And cloning RSR would rob California Adventure of a major draw, something that it has benefitted from for more than a decade even after being taken back a square (and something I'd argue every park, even the MK, needs at least one of)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom