News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

flyerjab

Suppose the Cars rumor is true. If that was to happen, would anything need to be done to BTM to make both attractions meld together better from am aesthetics standpoint?

If they are taking disparate IPs and placing them together in a new land, I assume that the approach will be similar to the other original lands in MK. In Tomorrowland we have Tron, Buzz, Monsters Inc with some classic anchor attractions. This is what makes me wonder if the same approach will happen here. Cars, Toy Story, the classic BTM and maybe another train station location is added. There would have to be merchandise and food -kiosks, QS and TS. It won’t literally just be 3 attractions with nothing else, if that is what is even happening.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I still think it's weird to have two Test Track style rides at WDW, especially if there is an outdoor portion. The only way I see them adding RSR to WDW is if the entire thing is indoors. And it is a terrible fit for MK. "Desert Land" sounds really dumb, but unfortunately this seems to track perfectly with what my source told me a few months ago.
Isn’t dinosaur technically a test track style ride?

Brer Oswald

Cosmo Canyon is a desert based region in Final Fantasy 7 that’s what is being referenced here
1712702497163.jpeg

Aesthetically, it would fit just fine 😉

James Alucobond

The Route 66 in Cars is nowhere near Hollywood. Why’s that better suited for DHS, just because the road connected Chicago and LA?
I just think you could potentially successfully theme a transitional area to Santa Monica Boulevard or something and have road signs to Route 66 as a fun bit of connection. Certainly better than putting race cars behind Big Thunder, IMO.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member

Switching cars to MK and villains to DHS would be quite the head scratcher; even considering Disney's decision making in recent history.
I can kind of get it on the basis that DHS is the anti-Magic Kingdom mirrorverse so... Villains. And it'd give the park some needing family attractions. And I think Cars (as Radiator Springs Racers) fits well enough in MK and further props up the rumor of a "desert" land. Cactus Canyon.

DisneyDodo

Isn’t dinosaur technically a test track style ride?
No, they’re different ride systems. Dinosaur (and Indy in both Cali and Tokyo) use the EMV (enhanced motion vehicle) system, which is essentially a ride vehicle on top of a motion simulator.

TT, RSR, and JttCotE in Tokyo use the slot-car system, which only allows for traditional forward motion, but can reach much higher speeds.

duncedoof

Personally not buying into Coco making more sense than Cars, in this case. They're both properties that historically don't fit MK. To me it's the same if ones goes in over the other.

djkidkaz

Switching cars to MK and villains to DHS would be quite the head scratcher; even considering Disney's decision making in recent history.
Villains at DHS would make sense as they have been try to have premium events at that park for a long time. The Halloween parties at MK sell out almost every event, you could do something with Villians at DHS for Halloween and increase event capacity by doing a Villians party on opposite nights, then go right into Jingle Bam parties running opposite MVMCP.

DisneyDodo

I still think it's weird to have two Test Track style rides at WDW, especially if there is an outdoor portion. The only way I see them adding RSR to WDW is if the entire thing is indoors. And it is a terrible fit for MK. "Desert Land" sounds really dumb, but unfortunately this seems to track perfectly with what my source told me a few months ago.
RSR and TT are such drastically different rides that I don’t see it as an issue. The only parts of the rides that are in any way comparable are the fast parts at the end, but the scenery (or lack thereof in TT’s case) is so different that it’s really no more similar than 2 roller coasters that travel at similar speeds.

Enclosing the outdoor section of TT in a projection tunnel (which unfortunately does not appear to be in the cards for the current revamp) could be a way to further differentiate them. But I wouldn’t enclose RSR, as the gorgeous views of the canyon are such a vital component of the ride.

MerlinTheGoat

Is it just Brayden making these RSR claims, or was it backed up by anyone else credible?

I'm split on his credibility at the moment. He did get the Country Bears change correct (it was either they were changing the show or getting rid of it, i can't recall which he said was the case or more likely). And it seems inevitable that at least the Pecos Bills corner is likely to be New Orleans-ified at some point in the near future.

The canyon scenery of RSR probably isn't really a bad idea. It's the googly eyed 21st century racecars and track that ruins it all (plus any other modern intrusions around the latter parts of the interior scenes). Filling in the river and docking the riverboat is unacceptable though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom