News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Supernova

I really need to see the sight lines for this from guest level at liberty square and Frontierland. An aerial makes it difficult to judge. If they can nail some beautiful views - a potential new mountain - and hide the cars from those sidelines in the park, I’ll feel more relaxed about this. Losing the charm of the riverboat is pretty devastating. As others have said, it’s not all about “riding” the riverboat, or making it out to the island. Just walking by and looking at it made me feel so content and immersed in that Disney magic

Bocabear

not only losing the charm of the riverboat and the water, but spatially this area along the riverfront is going to feel very compressed visually... There will effectively be a visual stop just beyond the roadway where the river is... It will feel much more enclosed ...without that openness that the ROA and TSI bring, it may also have less air movement and be hotter.... So I imagine it will be a view similar to the view from Fantasyland looking at 7DMT... a fence barrier and rockwork and trees....

UNCgolf

I don't know why anyone would even want to keep the back half -- the part that creates the waterfront at FL/LS is the only part that's really important. If they're going to eliminate that, go ahead and eliminate all of it and then create some new water features that fit into Villains (or whatever else eventually gets built up there).

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I don't like all of this chatter about keeping part of ROA because I have a feeling if that happened there would be less space for the Villain land (which I want to be as big as possible).
TDO won’t do that, don’t worry. It’ll sooner sit there as an empty plot of unused land a la Primeval Whirl, Tron, Animation Courtyard, or huge sections of EPCOT even if they delay the Villains project. Then they can chalk the savings to deferred construction costs.

Disone

It certainly looks like that could be a possibility when looking at the concept art.
That's my hope. FIFY. Showing the walkway continuing around the new southern end of ROA and up into a potential Villain's Land.

View attachment 808766
I could live with the above. Although as the following article states it seems odd that with the blessing of slides they would need to get rid of rivers of America. With the blessing of size it seemed like they would not need to get rid of anything. How about for once we just genuinely add?

Apologies of this article is not typically allowed but it's such a good article. Spot on.

Incomudro

I could live with the above. Although as the following article states it seems odd that with the blessing of slides they would need to get rid of rivers of America. With the blessing of size it seemed like they would not need to get rid of anything. How about for once we just genuinely add?

Apologies of this article is not typically allowed but it's such a good article. Spot on.

Excellent article.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom