News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Ichabod Crane

So is he claiming that the southern half of Frontierland will become New Orleans Square?
Yeah he’s claiming eastern Frontierland up to country bears I think becomes Liberty square and everything by TBA becomes New Orleans. Then Big Thunder becomes part of a dessert land with Radiator Springs and Woody. Then the rest/most of the space is for villains. He also claims rovers of America will be shortened or removed entirely.

PREMiERdrum

Re: "Bayou Desert Land" (face hits desk)

Expect a little carveout for current Pecos, TBA, and a couple related structures to be grouped into an east coast New Orleans Square. The boardwalk across from CBJ to BTMRR will remain Frontierland, giving them (on the map at least) an uninterrupted flow, with NOS abutting and transitioning from AL directly.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Expect a little carveout for current Pecos, TBA, and a couple related structures to be grouped into an east coast New Orleans Square. The boardwalk across from CBJ to BTMRR will remain Frontierland, giving them (on the map at least) an uninterrupted flow, with NOS abutting and transitioning from AL directly.
Wouldn't the Boardwalk be removed since RoA is "on the chopping block"?

;)

peng

That's what's probably happening as opposed to Lights, Camera Brayden's "frontierland is going away for stuff that was rumored in 2015." Besides there's a lot more smoke to Coco still coming to MK (hell the only things he probably got right were the railroad closing again and the Villains land being early in development). ROA will probably be shortened but will probably not disappear entirely. Besides, why would disney spend money to retheme the boardwalk area when it would be cheaper to keep it as is.

FigmentFan82

If that happens it will be quite frustrating that we have a Moana Adventureland style walk through at Epcot.

I really can’t stand modern Disney plopping down IP wherever they want with no thought on the future.
Except it's not an adventureland style walkthrough, nor does it claim to be any adventurous, but rather the cycle of water - edutainment.

Sectorkeeper71

Oh…one of my favorites

The “canal plan” from Caribbean past the new Brazil pavilion 😂
I remember seeing concept art from back around the parks conception of them having a second lagoon behind the current WS lagoon for future country pavilions.

Which is wild on a lot of levels, chief among them that they thought there’d be that much interest from countries to warrant that expansion

DisneyDodo

Wouldn't the Boardwalk be removed since RoA is "on the chopping block"?

;)
Come to think of it, if they’re going to temporarily drain the river in order to shorten it on the other side, they should just replace the boardwalk with a proper pathway from CBJ straight over towards BTMR, with an outlet to the new NOS so the lands could at least feel like distinct entities.

I hate the idea of having a NOS jutting out into Frontierland (with a little bridge you can use to technically bypass NOS if you want to). It defeats the purpose of having lands if the organization is not visually apparent. It’s like FW, which is now technically partitioned into 3 neighborhoods, but you would never know if you didn’t look at the map.

flyerjab

I love how posters here always have to slam vloggers. Who cares? The best part is it sounds like there is a lot of rumors out there with more to come! This reminds me of of the constant slow roll of rumors that happened during the 2010s. That was a wonderful period to be a WDW fan: NFL, Pandora, death of the Hat at DHS, Riviera and Gran Destino, Skyliner, TSL, SW:GE, Tron, GotG, Moana Walk Through, Ratatouille, FEA, DVC expansion, Epcot Central Gardens, Communicore Festival Center, addition of the Festival of the Arts.

History will be repeating itself over the next decade.

Roger_the_pianist

I want a Villians Mountain coaster and a Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride 😎

I can't see them going full New Orleans Square like Disneyland since the whole point of leaving it out of Magic Kingdom was the Florida proximity to New Orleans.

Maybe just a bayou/Critter Country type area around Tiana's. Almost like this area could become more like *neighborhoods* in Pixar Pier. Or *squares*

Liberty Square
Bayou Square
Frontier Square
Dark Kingdom (villans land)

Cars behind Big Thunder could be cute. Then Big Thunder is an abandoned mine in the same landscape as Cars.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I love how posters here always have to slam vloggers. Who cares? The best part is it sounds like there is a lot of rumors out there with more to come! This reminds me of of the constant slow roll of rumors that happened during the 2010s. That was a wonderful period to be a WDW fan: NFL, Pandora, death of the Hat at DHS, Riviera and Gran Destino, Skyliner, TSL, SW:GE, Tron, GotG, Moana Walk Through, Ratatouille, FEA, DVC expansion, Epcot Central Gardens, Communicore Festival Center, addition of the Festival of the Arts.

History will be repeating itself over the next decade.
Unfounded rumors are awful. They exist for the click bait and income. They rile people up and cause unnecessary drama (I prefer *necessary* drama). They get mixed up with people's wish fantasies and spin out of control. Next thing you know, people are rioting over a supposed removal of Haunted Mansion.

BTW, I love how *some people* always have to defend vloggers. Who cares?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom