News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

To me, Tomorrowland should be a bigger priority... Figure it out, Have Scenic designers instead of hotel architects design the new land. Create once and for all a cohesive, whimsical and vibrant tomorrowland... Replace Stitch, Get rid of the monsters, and make ot feel like you have stepped into a mid-century comic book world of the future... Tons of kinetics, Spectacular with perhaps a few additional attractions.
THEN go Beyond Thunder Mountain...

Sectorkeeper71

To me, Tomorrowland should be a bigger priority... Figure it out, Have Scenic designers instead of hotel architects design the new land. Create once and for all a cohesive, whimsical and vibrant tomorrowland... Replace Stitch, Get rid of the monsters, and make ot feel like you have stepped into a mid-century comic book world of the future... Tons of kinetics, Spectacular with perhaps a few additional attractions.
THEN go Beyond Thunder Mountain...
I was always a big fan of the 94 refurb to the land, though that is the one I grew up with. I hate how they did a half a redo of the aesthetics of the land and then quit with what was done and left the rest with the Tomorrowland 94 aesthetic. Just please, pick a lane Disney, and commit to it one way or another

TrainsOfDisney

I was always a big fan of the 94 refurb to the land, though that is the one I grew up with. I hate how they did a half a redo of the aesthetics of the land and then quit with what was done and left the rest with the Tomorrowland 94 aesthetic. Just please, pick a lane Disney, and commit to it one way or another
Same here. If they had gone all out with the retro idea for the 50th that could have been fun - bring back earth to the moon even!

But what we have now is a closed restaurant (Tomorrowland terrace) a closed attraction (stitch) and then monsters which really should have closed and been replaced by now.

Sectorkeeper71

Same here. If they had gone all out with the retro idea for the 50th that could have been fun - bring back earth to the moon even!

But what we have now is a closed restaurant (Tomorrowland terrace) a closed attraction (stitch) and then monsters which really should have closed and been replaced by now.
I don’t hate monsters inc as much as many folks do honestly. But the stitch building being empty sucks. Though I don’t see why Disney can’t reinvest in this space while also working on the BBT except their lack of ambition

Timothy_Q

The movie was not succesful, but I stand by that Meet the Robinsons is the perfect blueprint for a Tomorrowland redesign

Futuristic, whimsical, optimistic, focused on technology but in a playful fantastical way that fits perfectly a castle park

1718928003308.png

Brer Panther

The movie was not succesful, but I stand by that Meet the Robinsons is the perfect blueprint for a Tomorrowland redesign

Futuristic, whimsical, optimistic, focused on technology but in a playful fantastical way that fits perfectly a castle park

View attachment 793585
Disney didn't think The Princess and the Frog was successful either, and look what we got in Frontierland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom