News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

MerlinTheGoat

Brayden's the only one talking about it
Again, no he isn't. Two people here have now said they've heard rumors of RSR as well.

Here-

And here-

MerlinTheGoat

Whoah, for those who rode both is the racing portion of RSR longer? Is Test Track faster or they both share the same speeds. This map makes you prefer to ride RSR or that's just me.
The racing sections both last about the same length in both attractions, about 45 seconds. Though RSR is significantly slower. RSR's top speed is 40 miles per hour, while Test Track's is 65. RSR also has much greater terrain variation.

ToTBellHop

The racing sections both last about the same length in both attractions, about 45 seconds. Though RSR is significantly slower. RSR's top speed is 40 miles per hour, while Test Track's is 65.
It’s ironic that the ride where you board a sedan is faster than the one where you board a race car.

FWIW, part of the appeal of RSR is it’s a guaranteed hit that would “only” cost $250 million or so. Given the money Disney spends now, that’s a bargain for a ride with no risk of guest blowback.

That’s why it’s being considered. I actually think it’s more likely for DHS at the moment.

doctornick

The racing sections both last about the same length in both attractions, about 45 seconds. Though RSR is significantly slower. RSR's top speed is 40 miles per hour, while Test Track's is 65. RSR also has much greater terrain variation.
Also worth noting is that RSR is a “race” between two cars which might help it feel faster or perhaps more meaningful.

Purduevian

Whoah, for those who rode both is the racing portion of RSR longer? Is Test Track faster or they both share the same speeds. This map makes you prefer to ride RSR or that's just me.
Quick google maps measure gives me Test track ~2500 feet outdoors and RSR ~1600 feet outdoors. But like mentioned above the speeds are much different. RSR is also way more visually interesting so probably feels longer.

Bocabear

The whole experience feels much longer than Test Track...and both inside and out, it is spectacular to look at... Jaw-dropping really...first time you see it... and even more beautiful at night. That park addition is truly an imagineering masterpiece. Engaging, transportive, beautiful,whimsical and just so much fun!

DCLcruiser

The whole experience feels much longer than Test Track...and both inside and out, it is spectacular to look at... Jaw-dropping really...first time you see it... and even more beautiful at night. That park addition is truly an imagineering masterpiece. Engaging, transportive, beautiful,whimsical and just so much fun!
Yes, agreed, the whole land is cool. But, in Cali. We don't need more clones.

No that is not Vin Diesel (I don't think?). This is from 2018.
IMG_2641.JPG

IMG_2615.PNG

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I personally really hate the idea of bringing RSR to beyond Big thunder, to me it's just such a lazy idea, instead of coming up with a new attraction that could fit magic kingdom we're just going to plop a clone of a 12 year ride from DCA, a very good ride, but one that will probably be 15 years old by the time it opens. You wanna put it in DHS then go for it, but MK isn't the place IMO.

ToTBellHop

I personally really hate the idea of bringing RSR to beyond Big thunder, to me it's just such a lazy idea, instead of coming up with a new attraction that could fit magic kingdom we're just going to plop a clone of a 12 year ride from DCA, a very good ride, but one that will probably be 15 years old by the time it opens. You wanna put it in DHS then go for it, but MK isn't the place IMO.
Given their current track record, I’d gladly accept an excellent E-ticket with physical sets.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’ve seen that rumor pop up on more than a few occasions on different sites. No idea if there is any truth to it but it’s definitely something that’s been floating around for a bit.
Got to be careful with "popping up on different sites." It's unlikely that all those sites have an insider giving them actual intel. More than likely, they're just repeating what one originally said. So, the number of sites repeating what a number of sites are repeating is in no way a validation of the rumor.

It's important to trace back where each got their info from, and where the originator got their info. Often, they got it from here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom