News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Chef idea Mickey`=

I'd like variety in the IP. If I want Cars, I'll go to DHS. I don't see how Cars fits Villains or Coco (I get the BTMRR setting similarity).
I never for once ever thought of putting RSR behind Big Thunder Mountain until I saw Mickey Views and That Park Place thumbnail. I always been rooting for DHS even an indoor version at the time.

If I had to guess my guess would be RSR is to the left, Coco in the middle and Villains to the far back right, unless Coco is to the right like where Encanto originally was. Shouldn't anything Villans be beside Haunted Mansion or else it be looming far in the distance back like the Beyond Big Thunder concept art. Going by the concept art I could argue Villains doesn't go with Big Thunder either if we want to say the Mountain setting of Ornament Valley doesn't go with it.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I mean that just isn't true? Sure have always been some clones but traditionally they saw value in different attractions at different parks.
Maybe for Shanghai and Tokyo (OLC) but as for DCA it was more for an identity and to help that park from it's first version crisis. If Soarin, Voyage of Little Mermaid, Toy Story Mania all came to WDW, RSR can as well just like Hollywood Tower of Terror went to DCA later.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I wonder if there's a chance Simpsons in Disney could give us Back to the Future Back...
USF needs it
This sounded horrible at first, but I've never once when thinking about not getting the full land thought about the other two attractions. In truth, I completely forgot about them. Would we at least get Radiator Springs with the town containing no other rides, or are we just getting the ride?
We have no clue, only D23 would reveal that, but having the land without those other rides would be enough or does the charm of Radiator Spring's have to have those other rides.. I just think a smaller version of the town without the other rides is more likely.. it's like Ratatouille is keeping Chez Remy's restaurant exclusive to it's original home land.

TrojanUSC

Maybe for Shanghai and Tokyo (OLC) but as for DCA it was more for an identity and to help that park from it's first version crisis. If Soarin, Voyage of Little Mermaid, Toy Story Mania all came to WDW, RSR can as well just like Hollywood Tower of Terror went to DCA later.

It's lazy and sloppy. They're a multi-billion dollar company - they can create a new state of the art ride that fits within the Magic Kingdom's themes without resorting to cloning a 12 year old ride.

Bocabear

RSR is an amazing ride and beautifully done...Not sure if they could even do it in Florida with the weather as a large portion of it is outdoors...It really belongs at DHS if they do it at all....and hopefully they would build the whole town... without it , it wuld be like the pandora attraction next to the Jungle cruise.... lol

ToTBellHop

RSR is an amazing ride and beautifully done...Not sure if they could even do it in Florida with the weather as a large portion of it is outdoors...It really belongs at DHS if they do it at all....and hopefully they would build the whole town... without it , it wuld be like the pandora attraction next to the Jungle cruise.... lol
If they are fine with Test Track in FL, this should be no different. In recent years, I feel like I’ve ridden Test Track in the rain where in the past, it seemed to close with even light mist. No actual data to support this, but anecdotally, they seem more willing to run it in rain (just not heavy rain or, of course, lightning).

Chef idea Mickey`=

It's lazy and sloppy. They're a multi-billion dollar company - they can create a new state of the art ride that fits within the Magic Kingdom's themes without resorting to cloning a 12 year old ride.
Not Today's who's current Disney. To all who doesn't want clone rides attractions, would you rather get something that was from the previous years in other places like Tron and Ratatouille and you get them as they are or something new for Encanto and everyone wishes they used Mystic Manor for it and they wasted an opportunity. (Climate of today's management) ? New state of the art does that mean a new ride system never done as well..

peng

Can we stop talking about RSR? Hasn't it already been discounted by the insiders on here? Unless it came back?
Brayden's the only one talking about it, so its probably false, kind of like the "frontierland is going away" thing he keeps pushing is probably not happening (at most, the corner near tiana becomes a lightly themed new orleans area, besides changing the sets for the boardwalk era would require disney to spend money on a thing with little ROI and would result in major backlash, its cheaper to let it be). Toy Story rumors outside of HS related things seem to be blatant honeypots to catch leakers, besides, Disney seems to be focusing more on newer franchises for park expansion and I do think the rumored coco/moana rumors would be better received anyways.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Brayden's the only one talking about it, so its probably false, kind of like the "frontierland is going away" thing he keeps pushing is probably not happening (at most, the corner near tiana becomes a lightly themed new orleans area, besides changing the sets for the boardwalk era would require disney to spend money on a thing with little ROI and would result in major backlash, its cheaper to let it be). Toy Story rumors outside of HS related things seem to be blatant honeypots to catch leakers, besides, Disney seems to be focusing more on newer franchises for park expansion and I do think the rumored coco/moana rumors would be better received anyways.
Last I heard was Moana was heading to MK but it has been a bit. I doubt plans changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom