News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Delta-7

We don't have to. Even if we don't that's not stopping them over there at the team from creating a 3D model of it as of recent. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Most of us visioned that it would go to DHS for the past years.
Yeah, on the same table with a scattered bunch of other models like Castle of Magical Dreams and Sliding Sleighs. For all we know that couldโ€™ve just been a model from the past.

doctornick

I know a few โ€œBaddiesโ€ who could fit that bill quite nicely.

Magic Kingdom deserves the Fantasy Springs level of expansion and investment.
Exactly. A Fantasy Springs style expansion based on villains is pretty much ideal for MK. I don't really understand why the powers that be have seemed to sour on the villains idea (especially given the positive in person response and online chatter)

TheRealSkull

Yeah, on the same table with a scattered bunch of other models like Castle of Magical Dreams and Sliding Sleighs. For all we know that couldโ€™ve just been a model from the past.
Also to be fair we really don't know if that was even RSR. Too far away to make out back there. Doesn't mean that the rumor isn't true though.

doctornick

Honestly... I'd actually like that at Animal Kingdom. All the Fantasy Springs rides are fairly small or unambitious compared to a giant E-ticket. Impressive, of course. But they're all the kind of thing that we've been saying AK needs. Getting four of them at once would be a boon!

DAK and DHS both need such type of expansion. They both need more rides and have a decent amount/quality of headliners.

WaltWiz1901

I know that Walt wanted Walt Disney World not for parks but the way Disney World is now obviously is different and doesn't mean it can't change direction again.
Walt named the Floridian resort he had his sights on "World" and not another "land" because the acreage of land available was vastly bigger in comparison to the plot he was all but landlocked within in California - the oft-cited "blessing of size" he was looking for all along. Even if the resort has changed over time and that land has been misused or underutilized since, it still doesn't change that that was the reasoning behind its name being "Walt Disney World" instead of "Disneyland Florida".

As I said earlier (and was said by another poster earlier than that), the idea that parkgoers are going to want to go to the other resorts solely because they have another installment of what they have in their home resort (or let's just say this version of WDW you hypothesized), rather than something they don't, is certifiably short-sighted

Chef idea Mickey`=

I think based on the first blue sky concept of Beyond Big Thunder whatever intentions they have whether one of those lands is a Villain or not seems they are countering that particular land with one other geared more to families and children so that way there is something for everybody for Beyond Big Thunder! Encanto was one of them until now it being moved to AK now leads them back to the drawing board...

eddie104

Fully agree. Which is what Fantasy Springs does so well.

They have a B, C, D+ and E. A GREAT and diverse lineup. (These are up for debate, but thats how I'd classify them.)
We have to remember that TDR is probably not expanding anytime soon in the foreseeable future so they had no choice but not knock this expansion out the park.

TheRealSkull

I think based on the first blue sky concept of Beyond Big Thunder whatever intentions they have whether one of those lands is a Villain or not seems they are countering that particular land with one other geared more to families and children so that way there is something for everybody for Beyond Big Thunder! Encanto was one of them until now it being moved to AK now leads them back to the drawing board...
Also don't forget the talk of Coco being moved to AK too.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I think out of all the concepts the one that seems to be most promising for them was Encanto. Whether it being in Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom, that one seems a definite yes with the Casita however it will be. This is one announcement for MK at D23 that helped set the hype as it did now with it announced for AK instead. Moana would of been the same for AK except for Journey of Water having been now seen what hype is left for a part two so to tease Zootopa in the far distant was really a move to set Beyond Big Thunder and Animal Kingdom expansion as Huge and Mega! Now with Animal Kingdom secured on Encanto, what is there for Beyond Big Thunder that would have the same wow fact outside Villain if they even consider that. Is Coco still a secret... we'll see!

eddie104

what is there for Beyond Big Thunder that would have the same wow fact outside Villain if they even consider that.
Thatโ€™s been my thinking if all these proposed IPโ€™s got moved around with only villains left.

Would a Turning Red attraction work at the MK or does that belong in DHS?

DHS got a major ride based on a character almost 100 years old.
Nope. #notmyMickey

Walt after seeing the new Mickey Mouse cartoons:
1716846271812.png

"WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO MY MOUSE?"

And after realizing they replaced the Great Movie Ride:
1716846304664.png

"YOU GOT RID OF THE WIZARD OF OZ MUNCHKINLAND RECREATION FOR THIS NIGHTMARE?!"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom