News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

PizzaPlanet

It's also a bit of a franchise in decline. I think it holds significant weight and nostalgia for Gen Z, but I don't think Gen Alpha really pays attention to it much. It's not a bad franchise and it's a delightful land in DCA, but it is well over a decade old.
To be fair though that’s like brand new by Disney standards. Tokyo just got an E-ticket based on a movie released in the early 50s

SilentWindODoom

They have so much room to expand. Not worried about that one bit. Blessing of size people!

It's a concern I've heard with the park before and has been leveled at Toy Story Land. With the BBQ restaurant now, there's a bit of a dead end. Yes, there's plenty of room, but building a land with a back border that cuts off access to new expansion without a winding pathway with nothing on it isn't optimal.

So RSR is coming (to MK)? Or at least a higher chance of it? I wasn’t really surprised that it could be a possibility because Radiator Springs —> desert stuff.

No. That's not what I was saying at all. I was saying that we're likely not going to have any new information on the project this thread is about, so we're having a conversation on the theoretical fit of something that has been postulated could be there.

But talking modern cars to me isn’t the same thing as talking animals, monsters - even tiki statues, sentient objects from animated films, and the cab from Roger Rabbit. Those are either living beings or cartoonish things that don’t take realism seriously, and have some enchanting charm to them. Modern cars are machines. Even though the Cars world does have sentient vehicles, that’s pretty much all the magic it has. Everything else is realistic.

Eh. Sounds more like a matter of "it's never been done, so it feels like it doesn't fit whether that's a rational thought or not". The word "vibes" has been brought up a bunch. Same thing.

What would be nice is if they built something on the level of Fantasy Springs at TDS. Multiple high quality attractions in an excellently themed environment. Also, one land but multiple IPs.

Honestly... I'd actually like that at Animal Kingdom. All the Fantasy Springs rides are fairly small or unambitious compared to a giant E-ticket. Impressive, of course. But they're all the kind of thing that we've been saying AK needs. Getting four of them at once would be a boon!

TheRealSkull

I know a few “Baddies” who could fit that bill quite nicely.

Magic Kingdom deserves the Fantasy Springs level of expansion and investment.
Pretty sure Villians will execute to that level. I'm just hoping that every attraction in this new expansion doesn't need to be one of these "big box" attractions (Rise of the Resistance, Flight of Passage, Runaway Railway, Guardians, etc...). Sometimes I do prefer the simplicity of a B or C ticket.

Haymarket2008

Pretty sure Villians will execute to that level. I'm just hoping that every attraction in this new expansion doesn't need to be one of these "big box" attractions (Rise of the Resistance, Flight of Passage, Runaway Railway, Guardians, etc...). Sometimes I do prefer the simplicity of a B or C ticket.

Fully agree. Which is what Fantasy Springs does so well.

They have a B, C, D+ and E. A GREAT and diverse lineup. (These are up for debate, but thats how I'd classify them.)

TheRealSkull

Fully agree. Which is what Fantasy Springs does so well.

They have a B, C, D+ and E. A GREAT and diverse lineup. (These are up for debate, but thats how I'd classify them.)
Yep I would agree too. But I am over the trackless craze. At least until the breakdowns stop occurring daily, sometimes multiple times a day, which would take some time to figure out. But that is just the nature of the ride system, I guess.

BrianLo

To be fair though that’s like brand new by Disney standards. Tokyo just got an E-ticket based on a movie released in the early 50s

Sorry I meant the ride is over ten years old.

The franchise isn’t old, though it’s not as popular as it once was. Which I think is a factor of newer shinier franchises they’ve acquired and its creative champion leaving.

TheRealSkull

We don't have to. Even if we don't that's not stopping them over there at the team from creating a 3D model of it as of recent. 😉

Most of us visioned that it would go to DHS for the past years.
It still might go into DHS as there is the rumor that something big was greenlit for the park, but that's for a different thread.

TheRealSkull

Sorry I meant the ride is over ten years old.

The franchise isn’t old, though it’s not as popular as it once was. Which I think is a factor of newer shinier franchises they’ve acquired and its creative champion leaving.
I would disagree. I was at the WDW parks last week and I have never seen more people wearing lighting mcqueen/cars merchandise before. Both kids and adults. It might have just been me, but it sure seemed that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom