News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

djkidkaz

The main problem I see with Cars Land going in at MK is that the whole idea is to increase capacity at Magic Kingdom by using one of the last expansion plots. Putting in an e-ticket ride that will go down all the time during the Florida rain and lightning storms would defeat the purpose.

I actually would love to see Cars Land at WDW whether in MK or DHS. I think it would work well with tying in BTMRR to the area and I could see the train driving through the Cars area to add kinetics, especially if they get rid of the Liberty boat.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
No, they’re different ride systems. Dinosaur (and Indy in both Cali and Tokyo) use the EMV (enhanced motion vehicle) system, which is essentially a ride vehicle on top of a motion simulator.

TT, RSR, and JttCotE in Tokyo use the slot-car system, which only allows for traditional forward motion, but can reach much higher speeds.
Well yes I know the enhanced motion vehicle part, but I assumed the underlying track design for the vehicles themselves was similar. Maybe not

osian

Well yes I know the enhanced motion vehicle part, but I assumed the underlying track design for the vehicles themselves was similar. Maybe not
In the same way that Barnstormer is technically a Space Mountain style ride, yes I suppose so, but I think what people were getting at was the ride experience. But I too think that RSR and TT are similar experiences and would seem odd to have them in the same park at any rate, if not the same resort, whereas I don't see any similarity between TT and Dinosaur at all. I also think it's odd to have Web Slingers and Toy Story Mania in the same park, not only similar ride system but similar experience.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
View attachment 778210
Aesthetically, it would fit just fine 😉

Western Steampunk look could be super cool with an original ride using Shanghai POTC tech. Double down and make a Journey into the Center of the Earth ride without the volcano. Like a modern/vintage/homage Western River Expedition. Better than shoehorning IP nobody wants. I could get down with that!!!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
In the same way that Barnstormer is technically a Space Mountain style ride, yes I suppose so, but I think what people were getting at was the ride experience. But I too think that RSR and TT are similar experiences and would seem odd to have them in the same park at any rate, if not the same resort, whereas I don't see any similarity between TT and Dinosaur at all. I also think it's odd to have Web Slingers and Toy Story Mania in the same park, not only similar ride system but similar experience.
I get what you’re saying but it’s also like saying we shouldn’t have Haunted Mansion and the Little Mermaid ride in MK along with Nemo and Epcot because it’s the same ride system

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
So I have always loved the the idea of a Villians land like a lot of people on here do. But someone explain HOW they would actually do it. You got one E ticket attraction where all villains unite. Let's say it's Maleficent's Castle just for giggles. SO is that the whole land and Villians were "transported" there? Some people say boneyard in Lion King and Hades underworld would be cool as well. How does this fit all together. How do you walk from Boneyard to Maleficent's Castle with out some Marvel "Multiverse" BS.

I can visualize a lot of things. I create things in my daily life using space planning, design, architecture and imagination. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how a Villians land would work.

celluloid

So I have always loved the the idea of a Villians land like a lot of people on here do. But someone explain HOW they would actually do it. You got one E ticket attraction where all villains unite. Let's say it's Maleficent's Castle just for giggles. SO is that the whole land and Villians were "transported" there? Some people say boneyard in Lion King and Hades underworld would be cool as well. How does this fit all together. How do you walk from Boneyard to Maleficent's Castle with out some Marvel "Multiverse" BS.

I can visualize a lot of things. I create things in my daily life using space planning, design, architecture and imagination. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how a Villians land would work.

I explained this last page. Just Villain only as a land.

You get chastised for it by some here.

We know it can be forced to be done. But it is not going to be smooth.

James Alucobond

If I were doing it, I think I’d first transition from the New England end of Rivers of America with the Sanderson sisters’ cottage and the Southwest end with the mausoleum and graveyard from Coco. Ideally, these would go into a completely indoor land that could always be night, but you could make it work in the open air too. From there, it’s a dark bazaar, with winding streets filled with magic shops, artifact vendors, sketchy taverns, armament dealers, etc. Some could be legitimate shops, others restaurants, and still more queue facades. At the far end, you’d have some sort of castle or cathedral as the icon and main attraction; with everything else being generic, this could either be a specific character’s abode or something more nondescript.

DisneyDodo

Conceptually, this would be no different from what we have in NFL, with areas themed to Snow White, TLM, and BatB all side-by-side.

Haymarket2008

I don't know...Magic Kingdom has a certain elegance, grandeur and timelessness to it that MUST be maintained.

Single IP lands don't work with that. For some reason, I am okay with Villains....mainly as a tonal yin/yang to Fantasyland...but to plop Route 66 next to a really gorgeous attraction like Big Thunder....not right.

An indoor riff on Radiator Springs Racers would be great for DHS. Which, I believe, was one of the plans before Galaxy's Edge happened.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Conceptually, this would be no different from what we have in NFL, with areas themed to Snow White, TLM, and BatB all side-by-side.
Valid Point. Don't know why a Villian Land makes me not think that way. Maybe the terrain is easier to blend in NFL somehow. But does it work when it's only one E-Ticket attraction? Or do you think we are getting 3 new rides, 2 attractions, and multiple food outlets.

I guess one can hope.

celluloid

Valid Point. Don't know why a Villian Land makes me not think that way. Maybe the terrain is easier to blend in NFL somehow. But does it work when it's only one E-Ticket attraction? Or do you think we are getting 3 new rides, 2 attractions, and multiple food outlets.

I guess one can hope.

It is likely because New Fantasyland focuses on the places the characters are from. Not the character tones in the landscape itself. Which the entire land of Villa nary would be dark in some sense. The areas of Little Mermaid are based on where that story took place, not just where Ursula might live. She is there somewhere eventually when it calls for it. But all the bad guys don't paint the entire land.

BrianLo

Got this from the new imagineering YouTube series. Looks like a RSR model on the same table as Cinderella Castle. I can’t make out any of the other buildings though. Could be nothing. Could be something.
VTZuDgP_d.webp

It took me a while, but that’s Wandering Oakens Sleds with the bridge to Playhouse in the wilds in the foreground. Castle of Magical Dreams in the background. The orientation and placement of the castle is totally wrong…

You are right that RSR is on the table in a backstage area, behind space mountain. I don’t think it’s a HK development plot.

I honestly think this is a ‘put a bunch of models from the closet on a table for an opening shot’ thing.

aladdin2007

The main problem I see with Cars Land going in at MK is that the whole idea is to increase capacity at Magic Kingdom by using one of the last expansion plots. Putting in an e-ticket ride that will go down all the time during the Florida rain and lightning storms would defeat the purpose.

I actually would love to see Cars Land at WDW whether in MK or DHS. I think it would work well with tying in BTMRR to the area and I could see the train driving through the Cars area to add kinetics, especially if they get rid of the Liberty boat.
except Cars Land is not rumored to be happening, only RSR, as part of a new sub land desert land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom