News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

celluloid

I'm surprised they haven't renamed the safari with a connection to Lion King.
@Surferboy567
It was a huge reason the park was pushed and so easily to be Heavy on Animal side of Africa.
Lion King Show, Safari had Circle of Life and Simba 1. Rafiki's Planet watch being the name of the conservation hospital and petting zoo.

Also at this time you had a Lion King Show in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom, featured heavily in Fantasmic and also in just about every daytime parade they had. It definitely felt ever present by 1998.

Frozen never got an origianl ride either, it got a similar treatment with various things around and then finally a retheme.

Kev1982

Awwww yeah I love graphics like these. Regarding the connectors in Fantasyland though; the pathway between iasw and HM is where the access doors are located for a truck to remove a ride vehicle from either attraction's vehicle maintenance bays, which pretty much means that it's not feasible for that to become an onstage location without some major internal work on both attractions. The route to the right would indeed need to bridge over the utilidor entry, but also that path would probably cut right through the kitchen of Pinocchio Village Haus and the Fantasyland operations leaders' office. These are great graphics though!

As for the relocating iasw idea, it would absolutely solve the problem and probably be the most elegant solution, but I just can't see modern TDO being interested in it unfortunately. I know they did it for Dumbo and Barnstormer but iasw feels like a different level from those two.

My crazy idea is maybe eventually with enough eastward expansion and a rerouting of the service road, there could be a connector by removing the restrooms behind Gaston's Tavern, but that would be way larger scope than what is being proposed for Villains Land.
They can put Fantasy springs there as well. Will free up a space where PPF is now and retheme the bathrooms. I think Fantasyland is the essence of any Disney park so it can never be big enough. Retheme facades of PPF and SW like Paris or Anaheim. Replace PPF with Alice in Wonderland dark ride. As we dont need Tangled bathrooms to be that eleborate anymore, they can build a new and improved, nicer looking teacup ride there (paris again).

MagicHappens1971

SplashJacket

SplashJacket

I'm guessing D23 next year will be the big one for MK and AK.
We’ve got concrete confirmation they’re building billion+ projects. We just know earlier than normal, and don’t know the plans. Normally plans just get designed all the time to see what sticks, but here there’s an expansion mandate and design is coming second. This is exciting, even if we don’t have details.

They could’ve said, “here’s blue sky in Hollywood Studios” or something else that’s crazy this year. But they didn’t. They doubled down on their large expansion plans. This is a win. South American continent plans look gorgeous

Mike S

If this goes all Villains it’ll be the second thing I’m actually looking forward to alongside the new Test Track.

Ghost93

If this goes all Villains it’ll be the second thing I’m actually looking forward to alongside the new Test Track.
I think there is enough demand for an entire villain themed land. Mixing villains with both Coco and Encanto made no sense.

My gut reaction is that Encanto would be more appropriate at Epcot than Animal Kingdom. HOWEVER, it could work if the focus is on Antonio and his ability to communicate with animals.

Disney Dad 3000

Since when have they kept IP to just one park?

This is true, but seemingly the casita destined for AK (if it happens) would be the ideal focal point of any Encanto based area.

I wonder if they've shifted focus with BBTM and they will look to extend Frontierland with BTM in that direction with NOS taking over the original land as I assume it's only a matter of time before Tiana's Palace arrives. The rest is Villains and Coco?

doctornick

I think there is enough demand for an entire villain themed land. Mixing villains with both Coco and Encanto made no sense.

Depending on execution, a Coco (Mexico-ish?) land that has a land of the dead element could be a perfect transition between Frontierland and a villains land. And HM on the other side (with restaurant?) works well as a transition from Liberty Sq - and could be even better with some sort of Sleepy Hollow attraction there

SteamboatJoe

This is true, but seemingly the casita destined for AK (if it happens) would be the ideal focal point of any Encanto based area.

I wonder if they've shifted focus with BBTM and they will look to extend Frontierland with BTM in that direction with NOS taking over the original land as I assume it's only a matter of time before Tiana's Palace arrives. The rest is Villains and Coco?
Coco segueing into the Land of the Dead segueing into Nightmare seguing into Haunted Mansion would flow really nicely although it makes me worry about how long we actually will get to take a riverboat cruise on the Rivers of America.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom