News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Kamikaze

Actually the Great Dismal Swamp is in Virginia and North Carolina...but yeah, a lot of Florida is swamp...and some parts quite Dismal...I am a Florida resident...so I know...lol
If I was going to describe anything as the 'Great Dismal Swamp', it would be Ronda's Florida.

BlakeW39

Actually the Great Dismal Swamp is in Virginia and North Carolina...but yeah, a lot of Florida is swamp...and some parts quite Dismal...I am a Florida resident...so I know...lol

As someone who loves nature and wildlife, boat rides in the swamp are cool 🤷🏽‍♂️ get to see all kinds of animals and biotopes

Fox&Hound

Yeah, Maleficent seems like the perfect choice to anchor the land in. Florida is severely lacking a Sleeping Beauty experience. It would be really cool if the queue were through her castle, and she had an imprisoned Philip animatronic in it.

Ursula might be tricky cause she already has a beautiful animatronic that’s considered the best part of a ride already, but I have everything crossed that this is where we finally get some Facilier!
If they aren't adding him to Splash, then you should not hold out hope for his appearance in a villains land either. Sadly, many people only seemed slightly okay with Tiana taking over Splash because at least it had an awesome villain. If an IP had to replace it, at least Facilier and his voodoo masks or shadow creatures could fit the big drop. But we know how that turned out...

Stupido

If they aren't adding him to Splash, then you should not hold out hope for his appearance in a villains land either. Sadly, many people only seemed slightly okay with Tiana taking over Splash because at least it had an awesome villain. If an IP had to replace it, at least Facilier and his voodoo masks or shadow creatures could fit the big drop. But we know how that turned out...
I mean, they’re not putting him in Tiana’s Bayou Adventure because the ride takes place after the movie when he’s dead. They still use him during the Halloween parties, so I don’t think they’re opposed to using Facilier, he just didn’t fit into the story they’re telling in Frontierland.

pdude81

I mean, they’re not putting him in Tiana’s Bayou Adventure because the ride takes place after the movie when he’s dead. They still use him during the Halloween parties, so I don’t think they’re opposed to using Facilier, he just didn’t fit into the story they’re telling in Frontierland.

I assume he's on the other side

...of BTMRR

TTA94

Slightly off subject and related to BTMR itself. Any chances of a refurb coming? The waterfall at the top of the lift is still not working. Or is that permanently gone?

MagicHappens1971

Slightly off subject and related to BTMR itself. Any chances of a refurb coming? The waterfall at the top of the lift is still not working. Or is that permanently gone?
I don’t think we’ve heard anything about a refresh to BTMRR. I wouldn’t expect anything until at least the Spring (at the earliest) after TBA opens.

HoraceHorizons

A "Bald Mountain" Fantasia centerpiece E-ticket attraction, which incorporates scenes with Chernobog and The Sorcerer's Apprentice, complete with the classical music from the film, could bring a lot of the park together. Into this attraction, add a greatest hits of Disney Villains all appearing, perhaps for some kind of villainous party or meeting that Mickey thwarts haphazardly, as the Sorcerer, and it would make for a real showstopper.

Cmdr_Crimson

A "Bald Mountain" Fantasia centerpiece E-ticket attraction, which incorporates scenes with Chernobog and The Sorcerer's Apprentice, complete with the classical music from the film, could bring a lot of the park together. Into this attraction, add a greatest hits of Disney Villains all appearing, perhaps for some kind of villainous party or meeting that Mickey thwarts haphazardly, as the Sorcerer, and it would make for a real showstopper.
So, Villain mountain that has been talked about.
1692672046737.jpeg

Bocabear

Having just been to Tokyo Disneyland, I had a thought that a ride based on Encanto should absolutely take the framework of "Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast". You could focus on three of four musical numbers with some show scenes in between.
Now I have not been to Tokyo Disneyland yet, but the Beauty and the Beast ride, while beautifully done seems to lake...pacing or something... The musical numbers seem to go on too long, and the finale seems like an empty room... But the AAs are beautiful!

Bocabear

I loved the Idea of Villain Mountain that was discussed years ago... Happening upon the Villain's convention, being spotted and the wild chase off the mountain... That would have been amazing a great fun.
Disney needs to embrace the Villains in a more meaningful way...not just parties or show characters... And with Universal doing Dark World at Epic Universe, it would be timely...though already to late for the way Disney spreads out construction projects. Since it would never fit in Animal Kingdom, and MK is already packed enough, it would have to be in DHS...even though it feels more appropriate in the Magic Kingdom. WDW never got the Toontown expansion that Disneyland got back in the 90s. Perhaps we should get a spectacular Villains expansion and be the first park in the world to get it...

999th Happy Haunt

Basically Fantasmic the ride but I would be all for it.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
The bridge for that could be an IP attraction themed around Emperor's New Groove's Yzma.
I once sketched out a flume ride called The Emperor's New Cruise. Climactic drop out of the nose of the Temple, tons of animatronics (and of course, earlier in the ride, a big drop down the huge waterfall with sharp rocks at the bottom---"BOOYAH!"). I still wish there was some "Groove" representation in the parks; the film has rich detail and a great setting for a ride.

Surferboy567

I once sketched out a flume ride called The Emperor's New Cruise. Climactic drop out of the nose of the Temple, tons of animatronics (and of course, earlier in the ride, a big drop down the huge waterfall with sharp rocks at the bottom---"BOOYAH!"). I still wish there was some "Groove" representation in the parks; the film has rich detail and a great setting for a ride.
Little off topic but truly baffled The Lion King and Aladdin don’t have proper rides. No I do not count the carpets as a “proper” ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom