News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Cliff

I don't give a dang about blue sky water color paintings. The ONLY thing that I care about are projects that have an ACTUAL financial green light from Disney finance. Without that,...these fantasy ideas are worthless.

Announce that the budget and money have been approved and...get a real "break-ground" date!

Only then....can we get excited and wait for construction to finish in 5-7 years.

SplashJacket

I don't give a dang about blue sky water color paintings. The ONLY thing that I care about are projects that have an ACTUAL financial green light from Disney finance. Without that,...these fantasy ideas are worthless.

Announce that the budget and money have been approved and...get a real "break-ground" date!

Only then....can we get excited and wait for construction to finish in 5-7 years.
They have billions in capital expenditures allocated for the parks. That’s not a lie. How/where they spend that will depend, but they have the green light for big projects, just perhaps not specific projects. All this cynicism is silly.

DisneyRoxMySox

4F162EA9-6112-4607-A45F-F5BC5C8C52F0.jpeg

Was wondering if they took this approach, they might be able to keep the Rivers of America it it’s entirety? I guess the trick would be to have the path of travel go to the new land behind Splash and BTM, then all away around. Does anyone think this is possible?

James Alucobond

View attachment 741833
Was wondering if they took this approach, they might be able to keep the Rivers of America it it’s entirety? I guess the trick would be to have the path of travel go to the new land behind Splash and BTM, then all away around. Does anyone think this is possible?
I think it would be unlikely for them to not at least chop off the uninhabited top portion of TSI. Otherwise you end up with very long and mostly featureless passageways in some places. That doesn’t mean that the Liberty Belle has to stop running; it just means that it wouldn’t loop around as far north.

SteamboatJoe

I think it would be unlikely for them to not at least chop off the uninhabited top portion of TSI. Otherwise you end up with very long and mostly featureless passageways in some places. That doesn’t mean that the Liberty Belle has to stop running; it just means that it wouldn’t loop around as far north.
Correct - like what happened at Disneyland which was executed fairly well. The northern loop actually has stuff to see. The real question is will a riverboat cruising past whatever they put back there make thematic sense - although they don't seem as concerned about that kind of consistency these days.

DisneyRoxMySox

Correct - like what happened at Disneyland which was executed fairly well. The northern loop actually has stuff to see. The real question is will a riverboat cruising past whatever they put back there make thematic sense - although they don't seem as concerned about that kind of consistency these days.
Fair enough y’all. Was just getting curious this morning with the reannoucment of ‘nothing’ but that if it was substantial enough they could fill all that space.

UNCgolf

IMO, move Coco to Mexico in the World Showcase and put some additional bayou-themed things along a path north under the Frontierland station, including a restaurant and shops, ending in a bridge “to the other side” right as you cross over the RoA access canal.

That runs into the constant issue of how to actually put Coco there without having to do significant construction and overhauling part of the pavilion (to build the necessary queue space etc.). I believe Martin mentioned before that was part of the reason they backed off changing the Mexico ride to Coco.

Jae-J

Adding Disney Villians to any park would be a terrible decision.
Disney Villains should have their own park entirely.
They have enough characters & IP to do it correctly & compete with Universal's Epic Universe.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
Adding Disney Villians to any park would be a terrible decision.
Disney Villains should have their own park entirely.
They have enough characters & IP to do it correctly & compete with Universal's Epic Universe.
I mean, that's not going to happen in the next 20 years. So getting a decent sized land inside Magic Kingdom makes sense to me. How can we say all of the Disney magic and fairytales fit in Magic Kingdom but not all the dark and villians?

James Alucobond

That runs into the constant issue of how to actually put Coco there without having to do significant construction and overhauling part of the pavilion (to build the necessary queue space etc.). I believe Martin mentioned before that was part of the reason they backed off changing the Mexico ride to Coco.
For sure, but at this point, you’re essentially saying that they can never update the pavilion’s ride in any way that’s even remotely exciting because it can’t handle the crowds. It needs to be addressed at some point.

UNCgolf

For sure, but at this point, you’re essentially saying that they can never update the pavilion in any way that’s even remotely exciting because it can’t handle the crowds. It needs to be addressed at some point.

I don't really see that as a problem, though. They don't need to have a massive draw attraction in that pavilion, especially when they still have empty expansion pads and unused attraction spaces in other pavilions (and Wonders of Life sitting empty, Imagination a shell, etc.). It's nice to have something people can do that doesn't have long lines, plus the Mexico pavilion interior is wonderful and it would be unfortunate to lose it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom