News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Stupido

I recently had the opportunity to discuss the Villains Land with a friend familiar with the project, and my takeaway is that it’s more than likely going to happen than not.

It’s Disney, plans can change, but I’d be very optimistic right now.
Any teases as to which villains might be featured, or is it too early for that?

WowFactor

I liked the overall idea of the Villains Land proposal...things that made me wrinkle my nose a bit were the mentions of "Devil" "Hell" and "Evil"...there are other words that might be more clever and not have quite the serious sounding overtones.... "Beastly" "Grim" "Macabre"...words like that sound better with the Disney brand. Any attraction with "Hell" in the title would never work. "Escape from DeVil Manor" would work... see what I am saying... tone is right, ideas are right but the verbiage needs to be softened...a little more friendly...but not too much, and evil should always be tongue in cheek.... not serious... I like the VooDoo Lounge in particular...and the integration of restaurants and IP. the alternate riverboat in the Dismal Swamp is a great counterpoint to the normal Magic Kingdom...
I appreciate your comments and agree with most of them.
Honestly, expressing myself in another language turned out to be quite challenging 😂, especially when I try to use sarcasm or tongue-in-the-cheek speech.

Voodoo Lounge it's my favorite by far but now that we have the overlay on Splash I believe there's no more room for that IP on MK.

Thank you for your consideration and thoughts.

Sincerely,
Wow

Last edited:

Bocabear

I appreciate your comments and agree with most of them.
Honestly, expressing myself in another language turned out to be quite challenging 😂, especially when I try to use sarcasm or tongue-in-the-cheek speech.

Voodoo Louge it's my favorite by far but now that we have the overlay on Splash I believe there's no more room for that IP on MK.

Thank you for your consideration and thoughts.

Sincerely,
Wow
It really is a great idea, and you have a lot of really wonderful ideas.

MagicHappens1971

Any teases as to which villains might be featured, or is it too early for that?
I have no insider information, but my guess would be the land would be anchored by a Maleficent-esque castle, and then Ursula, Jafar, Hades, and Scar or Dr.Facilier would be the other big villains of the land. I think they would try and incorporate as many as possible, and there aren’t too many newer villains.

Cousin Huet

The ideas leaking on different channels are not looking good. Doing a villains thing back behind haunted mansion is good but the coco and encanto stuff over behind BTMR is unusual and a bad idea. Star Wars over there in California is out of place and shouldn’t be there and this will be worse than that. The removing of Frontierland essentially is tragic and pointless too so I am just hoping they get some people in there who have a clue soon. Between the Galaxtic Star Cruiser and the rumors of trying to maim the MK it looks like a house cleaning is in order as they are lost at Disney World.

Stupido

I have no insider information, but my guess would be the land would be anchored by a Maleficent-esque castle, and then Ursula, Jafar, Hades, and Scar or Dr.Facilier would be the other big villains of the land. I think they would try and incorporate as many as possible, and there aren’t too many newer villains.

Yeah, Maleficent seems like the perfect choice to anchor the land in. Florida is severely lacking a Sleeping Beauty experience. It would be really cool if the queue were through her castle, and she had an imprisoned Philip animatronic in it.

Ursula might be tricky cause she already has a beautiful animatronic that’s considered the best part of a ride already, but I have everything crossed that this is where we finally get some Facilier!

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
What if instead of Encanto... Cars land above/next to BTMR (the mountains of both would blend together) and then next to that CoCo area and then Villians area (connecting to HM and then NFL).
Put Encanto in DAK.

yensidtlaw1969

What if instead of Encanto... Cars land above/next to BTMR (the mountains of both would blend together) and then next to that CoCo area and then Villians area (connecting to HM and then NFL).
Put Encanto in DAK.
Don’t laugh . . . Cars Land was pitched for Tokyo Disneyland to replace at least part of their River.

They said no, obviously.

James Alucobond

I don’t think Disney is going to replicate it now, if they were going to do it I feel like they would’ve done it already.
Eh, they’ve replicated a lot lately, and honestly, I think it makes a good deal of sense to replace Animation Courtyard with it even if I’d rather have something original there. Animation Courtyard > Carsland, Racing Academy > Muppets 3D, Rockin’ Rollercoaster > Muppets Mayhem, Muppets 3D > additional classic Star Wars attraction, and another ride in Galaxy’s Edge would put that park in a really decent and far more organized place.

J4546

If they tear down animation courtyard and all backstage buildings and build an expansion Id want a ToonTown, with MMRR relocated and redo that back into the Great Movie ride using its trackless tech. Retheme RnRC to something with PowerLine from GoofyMovie and redo entrance que to face new toontown, cover the RnRC building with hills and a big forced perspective arena/stadium repping the powerline concert space. Then on the residential side give it a donald duck themed water ride on par with Navi River/mini Splash and a few really small spinner/parachute drop style rides for small kids. Also the houses and play areas of course. That would be a really great well rounded ToonTown with 5 rides imo

MagicHappens1971

If they tear down animation courtyard and all backstage buildings and build an expansion Id want a ToonTown, with MMRR relocated and redo that back into the Great Movie ride using its trackless tech. Retheme RnRC to something with PowerLine from GoofyMovie and redo entrance que to face new toontown, cover the RnRC building with hills and a big forced perspective arena/stadium repping the powerline concert space. Then on the residential side give it a donald duck themed water ride on par with Navi River/mini Splash and a few really small spinner/parachute drop style rides for small kids. Also the houses and play areas of course. That would be a really great well rounded ToonTown with 5 rides imo
This is a great armchair Imagineering thought, but none of this is ever happening. Not saying they won’t expand/redo Animation Courtyard but moving MMRR and bringing back GMR is not happening, amongst some of the other ambitious ideas here.

Touchdown

BTMRR is in the SW USA, which is right next to and remarkable similar in climate to Santa Celia Mexico meaning we only need a time transition (easy) moving further south in Mexico you get tropical rainforests just like the one Encanto is set in, again easy transition. The only hard transition is between Encanto and Villains Land.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Racing Academy > Muppets 3D, Rockin’ Rollercoaster > Muppets Mayhem, Muppets 3D > additional classic Star Wars attraction, and another ride in Galaxy’s Edge would put that park in a really decent and far more organized place.
I like this. I suggested this in another thread. Cars Land I'm not necessarily sold on going there, but it does beat nothing. I don't think I see them adding another Test Track-style ride so close to Test Track.

scottieRoss

I liked the overall idea of the Villains Land proposal...things that made me wrinkle my nose a bit were the mentions of "Devil" "Hell" and "Evil"...there are other words that might be more clever and not have quite the serious sounding overtones.... "Beastly" "Grim" "Macabre"...words like that sound better with the Disney brand. Any attraction with "Hell" in the title would never work. "Escape from DeVil Manor" would work... see what I am saying... tone is right, ideas are right but the verbiage needs to be softened...a little more friendly...but not too much, and evil should always be tongue in cheek.... not serious... I like the VooDoo Lounge in particular...and the integration of restaurants and IP. the alternate riverboat in the Dismal Swamp is a great counterpoint to the normal Magic Kingdom...
In the movies (animated and live action) Cruella lives in Hell Hall.

Kamikaze

So you get to go to Florida while in Florida?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom