Best Places to Watch Illuminations?

Clark Griswold

Original Poster
I was wondering where everyone's favorite spots are to watch Illuminations at Epcot. Every year for every show you can find me located in front of the American Adventure showcase. Where is your favorite??

Skippy

I don't know about the best place, but I sometimes try to see it from a little docklike area around the United Kingdom. Sometimes this is used for a reserved party though.

I think you can also make some arrangement to watch the show from a boat that goes out in the water somewhere. I've never done it, but it sounds pretty good.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
My answer when asked this: Absolutely, under no circumstances, for any reason, no exceptions - FROM A RESTAURANT!

Typically i prefer somewhere near Germany.

HunnyPot

I like to watch from United Kingdom. We usually make reservations at Rose and Crown, and watch from there. Even if we can't get a porch or outdoor table, we still walk out on the porch to watch. We love it!

dandaman

I really like the bridge between the Odyssey Centre and the Mexico pavillion. It offers a great view, even when you're on the opposite side of the bridge.

Maybe it's just because I'm 6'1? :lol:

LSUxStitch

I like the area between the two tower merchandise areas or the area between the main viewing area center of lagoon and mexico pavilion. I have had the chance to watch it from the Disability Viewing area in Germany and enjoyed that, but it would not be considered one of my favs. I do have to say that my least favorite is from the UK/Canada side due to the fact that a lot of the times the wind is heading in that direction and the smoke can interfere with seeing some things.

I like to think of myself knowledgeable (sp?) on this subject since I have worked all of the viewing areas and then some lol

Horizons1

Right behind the Cantina in Mexico. Get me a churro, some nachos, and a Coke and I'm good to go. Gotta get there early tho because it fills up fast and sometimes folks over there can get pretty nasty.

AGC5445

i remember this one time...

it was new years 2003 and we were in EPCOT, Illuminations had special times that night, for obvious reasons, and we stood in between Canada and the UK. At midnight we stood and watched the best fireworks display, it was probaly twice as long as the normal Illuminations. It was one of the most spectacular moments i can remember from WDW vacations, even though i have been there nine times (but whos counting?) in 17 years.

Anyway to answer your question, anywhere is a great place to watch it but i would say canada and UK area. Also it doesn't so much matter where you sit, but who is around you and if you get there early enough so your not behind any tall or fat people.

Another tip, don't try to position yourself by sneaking in front of people, they get angry, trust me I witnessed an old man yell at this young mother trying to move her children so they could see.

imamouse

We used to watch from the bridge near Mexico, but now I prefer the viewing location in Showcase Plaza (even though it only has a few benches). They will let you sit in the aisle between the benches if no one in a wheel chair arrives, as the aisle is reserved for them. The benefit of this location is a quick get-away after the finale.

Disneyfanman

We always sit on the little patio just to the left of the Rose and Crown (It looks like it's part of the outdoor seating for the restaurant but it's not). We send a person there about an hour prior to show time and then switch off and shop. It works really well. They sell Guiness Ale right there too. We also get fish and chips from the counter service area. We have done this every time we have watched the show! Great viewing!

JEDIsney

I'm going to WDW in 13 days and this time, we got reservations for the Rose & Crown during Illuminations. I'm very excited, because I've heard so many positive things about the Rose & Crown, especially during Illuminations, and I've always wanted to do it. And Illuminations is my favorite fireworks show, so I'm really looking foward to this.

But since I haven't even seen Illuminations from the Rose & Crown before, I believe last we waited for a closer area infront of France. It was closed off, but then they opened it up and we were able to get right along the railiing. It was beautiful.

Tramp

If you can arrange for another party or two to join you, the Illuminations cruise is not a bad option. The price is about $140 for up to ten adults and two children. You catch the boat at the Yacht Club. You get a brief tour around the Boardwalk waterways and then they tie the boat off near the bridge that leads to France. You get an unobstructed view of Illuminations without having to stuggle for a place in the crowd. Unless it's a special occasion such as an anniversary or birthday, I don't think it's worth $140 but if you could split the cost two or three ways, it's a good deal. By the way, you have to book this trip 90 days in advance at 7 in the morning cuz the reservations go fast. There are only two or three boats available per day. When you book, tell them if you're celebrating a special occasion and they'll put balloons and banners on the boat...a nice Disney touch. Have fun! :wave:

DisneyFanatic85

I personally like to watch it in front of the Canada pavilion. In my opinion, it's the closest the globe as you can get and it's right next to some speakers so the soundtrack isn't drowned out by the fireworks and people talking.

BigNorm

My family and I always watch Illuminations across from the American Adventure (can't remember the name of the location, but it's by the two shops in future world.). I've heard the Rose and Crown is a really good place to view it as well.

Craig & Lisa

The spot that the family and I stand at is really good, no obstructions, you can see every pavillion, you never have to worry about the smoke from the show, and it will remain the family secret. Sorry, but I don't want to get too crowded while we watch the show, or have to get there 3 hours before it starts:animwink: :D

tigger2

hi all

is there anywhere in WDW but not in the park where you can get a decent view of the illuminations fireworks??

eg. a resort hotel etc.

thank you x

bobr0001

Illuminations

The last time was at Epcot, the group I was with went back to the villa early and I stayed by myself to see illuminations. Since it was just me, I decided to forget about getting a spot early and waiting for an hour+ and just showed up 5 minutes before the show started. I stood back behind the crowd, and just found a slightly elevated spot.

It was great!! Sure I did'nt see every last little spark hitting the water, but the show was just as enjoyable, I did'nt waste an hour+ trying to protect a spot and getting aggravated by rude people trying to squeeze thier "precious little children" in the 1 inch spot next to us because they decided they deserved the best spot at the park 2 minutes before the show started.

I was close to the World Showcase entrance from Futureworld, so after the show I just turned around and walked easily out of the park not stuck in the middle of the massive crowd.

That's the way I'm doing it from now on!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom