Best of Christmas at Disney World

MickeyMark57

We just made our 5 night 6 day reservations for Dec. 13-18. Just curious where we need to look for the best, different, gotta see, Christmas Disney Magic stuff. I'm talking about food, decorations, shows, sights, smells.
What's one or two things you found special about Disney at Christmas?
I know we can't do it all but we can sure try!:xmas:

DizneyPryncess

Congrats! December is one of my favorite times to visit WDW. It's extra magical with all the holiday stuff going on. :)

My must see's & must do's:
-Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights at Hollywood Studios. It took my breathe away! I've never seen so many lights in one place. Def. don't miss this!
-Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. It's a separate ticket for the evening party in the magic kingdom, but worth it. It "snows" on Main Street, you get cocoa & cookies at various places through the park....I loved it!
-Getting pictures with the characters in their holiday gear. They won't be in it any other time of the year!
-Candlelight Processional at Epcot. It's a beautiful event with music & stories. We saw the lighting of the tree at Epcot & did the processional. Would highly recommend doing those things too.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

I luv WDW

Christmas is the best

You will love Christmas at WDW. Besides MVMCP, The Osborne Family spectacle of lights, the Candlelight Processional (truly stirring), there are the holiday storytellers at the different countries in EPCOT, plus the decorations in all the parks, and in the resorts. It is truly a magical time of year. We will be there Nov. 29-Dec. 5 enjoying it all.:xmas:

Upvote 0

SeaBreeze

On top of the things others have said (although I might be the only person around here who was disappointed with MVMCP), we always stop at the Grand Floridian on a Monorail trip. It's beautiful inside, and on some evenings (someone else might know when) a bell choir performs inside. It's not a Christmas trip for us without buying some gingerbread from the CM selling it inside the life size gingerbread house there!

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Christmas Time As Disney is AWESOME!

That's great you are going over the Holidays! You will love it!!:xmas:

My absolute fave - OSBORNE FAMILY LIGHTS - holy cow! If you weren't in the spirit...you will be! It's over 5 million "dancing" lights - yes they dance to music with 30 snow machines covering a 2 block radius...it's absolutely magical, something you will NEVER forget and spectacular!!! Have a blast!:wave:

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

good grief

one of these days i'll figure this out LOL

what I meant to say was "christmas AT disney" - sorry LOL

OH and me and my daughter will be catching the Osborne Lights Friday, 11/27 - YEAH!!!:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:

Upvote 0

Theresonly1

This is my first christmas at Disney too, I can't wait. We will be there Dec 6-12. Already have my MVMCP tix. Which Resorts are Must sees, I know each is decorated, but which ones are at the top of the list???:xmas::xmas:

Upvote 0

MickeyMark57

Original Poster
Great responses! Let's keep it going! TELL ME MORE! I want to know about some of the small stuff too. Some out of the way thing to look for, or some special pastry to order. Tell me about a CM that goes out of their way to make it a special Holiday moment.

Upvote 0

threeyoda

I'm going to Disney for my first Christmas there. I'm
going from December 23-29. I find it very wierd that MVMCP is ending the 18th. Is there any reason for this? And what else goes on at MK after that ends?

Upvote 0

heartodisney

We made one night with friends and went to the Grand Floridian, the Swan and Dolphin, The Boardwalk to see christmas decorations...you WILL NOT be disapointed! Then watched the fireworks from the Contemporary...all free!

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Grand Floridian

For all you first timers at the Holidays - all the resorts are beautiful but the most spectacular (in my own opinion) is the Grand Floridian...not only is the interior decorated beautifully and elegantly, but they have a life size edible Gingerbread House inside! Now mind you - you can't "eat" the house (lol) but they do sell gingerbread "shingles" which are wonderful and make pretty cool gifts also :kiss:

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

We love-

MVMCP- beautiful decorations, great parade, "snow" on Main St.

Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights at Hollywood Studios- stunning lights and more "snow"

Grand Floridian- the Gingerbread House and the beautiful Christmas tree

Animal Kingdom Lodge- the lobby is unbelievable during the Holidays. The dark lobby with white lights and the carolers.

Beach Club- the Chocolate Carousel

Upvote 0

mikeb1967

Christmas 2009

Hello, We will be there Dec. 13-19. If you like to do a lot and go go go, i suggest getting the park hopper option, the past two years we were there the same dates you will be there and always went to at least two parks, sometime three and even all four in one day, just to catch things we wanted to see. I also suggest taking pants and a light to med weight jacket, i passed on taking my mickey-eared santa hat last year and i definitely needed it. It can be 55 degrees in the eve and windy, even 45 over night, or not! Be prepared. Take some simple Christmas decorations for your room, it's fun. Print out times of all parks and shows and find out times for the tree lighting and castle lighting ceremonies. Remember it gets dark around 5.30-6pm. and parks can be open as late as 11-1pm. IMHO this is the very best time to visit WDW. Pleasant temps and low humidity, i never really enjoyed the AK until i went in Dec. because of the lower temps and low humidity. It also snows at the Osborne lights, so the EXTRA $110 for the Christmas party may not really be worth it, especially if it's sold out and packed. Try to visit some of the resort lobbies and see the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian, everything is beautifully decorated. Oh, and definitely see the Christmas tag after Illuminations(bonus fireworks) and the candlelight processional. Wow, so much to see and do, i can't wait! Guess that's why i just booked a 4 day quick fix BD trip for my wife Aug. 23-26, i need a WDW fix baaaaaad, lol. Have a great time, MikeB

Upvote 0

Spinky

Were going from the 14th to the 28th dec I'm so excited to be in my faviourte place on Earth for christmas Day :sohappy::sohappy: I have my ADRs ready to book when the window opens and hopefully we will have breakfast at the Crystal Palace on Christmas Day.

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Love the Christmas Party parade. It is like no other than on those nights. The resorts. Oh go see all the lights at the Ft Wilderness campgrounds. Those people put on a light show over there. I think they want to be the biggest and the best in their RV's..Play Mini golf it is all decorated in christmas themeing. Little airstreams packages it is just darn cute. Oh and the American Adventure has a Christmas handmade something in there and you can go in and try and see how many Hidden Mickeys are on the display. Quite large. last year was a gazebo with a mini train going round and round. Kinda fun...Just staring at the castle in awh of just how beautiful something like that can be and that you are really really there in the land of magic and dreams.And at Christmas time. it will for sure put you in the best spirits of the season if you came a little down. You will ahve fun. We will be there Dec 7-16, and I cannot wait...

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

If you can, eat at different resorts to see their decorations. Each resort has their own edorations and trees that fit the style of their decor...awesome.

Upvote 0

BiggerTigger

This will be our first time doing Christmas (or close too it) at Disney. We are booked from 9 December to 14 December. :xmas::sohappy:
I'll be sure to check in to see all the great insider tips and hints.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom