News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Odd that. On an afternoon in September I was in a around 1/2 full theatre. No mitigating circumstances.

Just goes to show individual observations can be worthless.
Until Disney sees the need to replace the attraction with a sing along? 🤷🏻‍♂️

mikejs78

Premium Member
Until Disney sees the need to replace the attraction with a sing along? 🤷🏻‍♂️
They're not replacing it with a sing along, it will share the same Theater as the sing along. Reading between the lines, it seems to me that the real reason for the sing along is because the M&G will have to temporarily go away due to construction of Rat. But Disney is planning currently on filming a new version of IdF, so...they must have some data that shows it's worth updating.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They're not replacing it with a sing along, it will share the same Theater as the sing along. Reading between the lines, it seems to me that the real reason for the sing along is because the M&G will have to temporarily go away due to construction of Rat. But Disney is planning currently on filming a new version of IdF, so...they must have some data that shows it's worth updating.
Bingo.

Tony the Tigger

I can only count the amount of times I've heard "Is this a ride?" to any of these travelogue films, only to see the guests turn away in disgust at hearing it's "just a movie."

Worse, it’s just an advertisement.

Why is the movie being updated with new scenes?

They need a new film with a crooked Eiffel Tower to match Soarin’.

This is the antithesis of what made me fall in love with Disney Parks. I'd rather sit through a root canal than go to a sing-a-long.

I probably won’t go to the sing-a-long (once and done, just like IDF) but it’s existence won’t bother me. My solution is two legs which take me to the next attraction I enjoy.

So the sing-along is temporary!

Or, the new IDF replaces the old, and continues alternating with the sing-along, if the sing-along is working for the Company.

If it does, don’t rule out alternating shows in other countries. (Cue exploding heads.)

Haymarket2008

When will the sing a long totally replace the France film?
Hopefully there will be FP+ to spread the crowds out.
Will we see a Mary Poppins song a long?

????
The sing-a-long will not totally replace Impressions de France. There are plans to update it. The new show is only temporary. Insiders have confirmed this. And there are zero plans to make a Poppins show, unless the build an entire theatre in the U.K. pavilion..............it’s never been on the table.

JohnD

In a Disney Parks Blog Post about the new Harvest Theater movie, "Awesome Planet" is this nugget:

This new film – together with the new Circle-Vision film previously announced for the China pavilion, updates to the film at the Canada pavilion, and the “Beauty and the Beast” Sing-Along that is coming to France – hints at the scope of the coming transformation of this amazing park. The new films herald a bold new era for a theme park that is distinctly Disney in its view of the earth, its lands and its people.
We’re aware, of course, that each time we touch Epcot, we are touching the setting for millions of precious family memories. So, we are very careful stewards of this park.
“Beauty and the Beast” Sing-Along will rotate, for instance, with “Impressions de France,” which retains its place in Guinness World Records as the longest-running daily screened film in the world.

It doesn't say whether Impressions de France will get a refurb but this is definitely newsworthy that a new sing-along will rotate with it throughout the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom