News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
What do you think?

What do you think about it being so unpopular the movie and the projection system is being updated?

Any answer to my question?

For the preparation for a singalong show, apparently. Upgrading a projection system is a good business tactic because screen based attractions can be re-purposed and replaced easily and cheapily. Literally just look at 80% of Universal's attractions as a result. Look at the Magic Eye theater.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For the preparation for a singalong show, apparently. Upgrading a projection system is a good business tactic because screen based attractions can be re-purposed and replaced easily and cheapily. Literally just look at 80% of Universal's attractions as a result.
The projection upgrade was planned before the sing a long. And is unconnected.

Why is the movie being updated with new scenes?

Carry on believing your own hype by all means. I’ll keep the facts out of your argument from now on.

WondersOfLife

The projection upgrade was planned before the sing a long. And is unconnected.

Why is the movie being updated with new scenes?

Carry on believing your own hype by all means. I’ll keep the facts out of your argument from now on.

Because the current film has overstayed its welcome and is in need of an update? Honestly, that question reflects more as to why the attraction shouldn't be there than why it should. The same reason why they switch out the shorts for the ridiculous film festival thing, and the reason why anything is updated. To get people to come back.

WondersOfLife

@marni1971

Circle of Life: An Environmental Tale... 2 years before its closure.

All the seats in the theater were completely refurbished in the past few weeks. The sides of the theater were also refurbished a few months ago. The closure was announced to Cast Members literally the day before. So sudden. Something is happening, which is great.

Followed by nothing ever happening. Upgrades can sometimes mean nothing.

WondersOfLife

Errr.... the closure was purely a cost saving measure until the new film is ready.

I know. Another pesky fact. Sorry.

Where is that new film? It's been almost 3 years. Surely it could be finished by now. IDF may close as a "cost saving measure" unexpectedly as well for all we know. You're asking me questions, not presenting facts. My turn for questions.

If IDF was truly as popular as you make it out to be, then why would Disney consider a Beauty and the Beast sing-along to shove in its place?

I would really like to reiterate that I have nothing against this attraction, for the record.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Where is that new film? It's been almost 3 years. Surely it could be finished by now. IDF may close as a "cost saving measure" unexpectedly as well for all we know. You're asking me questions, not presenting facts. My turn for questions.

If IDF was truly as popular as you make it out to be, then why would Disney consider a Beauty and the Beast sing-along to shove in its place?

I would really like to reiterate that I have nothing against this attraction, for the record.
If I worked for the company in that respect I could ask. I can only say what I know. ETA 2019/20.

To compensate for the cluster about to hit the M&G area outside in less than two weeks.

There’s some facts. Like the ones you seem to have missed in my previous post.

I do like your avatar title BTW.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

If I worked for the company in that respect I could ask. I can only say what I know. ETA 2019/20.

To compensate for the cluster about to hit the M&G area outside in less than two weeks.

There’s some facts. Like the ones you seem to have missed in my previous post.

I do like your avatar title BTW.

So you're saying that Impression de France cannot bring in enough guests to compensate for that cluster? You're implying that a Beauty and the Beast themed attraction would be more appealing to the average theme park guest? Or, a better option to compensate that cluster?

I'm sure that last bit was either for sarcastic or roasting purposes, but I'll take the compliment anyways as I appreciate the joke and actually chuckled.

peter11435

So you're saying that Impression de France cannot bring in enough guests to compensate for that cluster? You're implying that a Beauty and the Beast themed attraction would be more appealing to the average theme park guest? Or, a better option to compensate that cluster?

I'm sure that last bit was either for sarcastic or roasting purposes, but I'll take the compliment anyways as I appreciate the joke and actually chuckled.
That’s not at all what he was saying. It’s not about compensating for lost capacity it’s about compensating for the loss of something guests have come to expect.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

I’m saying management decided something needed to be done for the little darlings who’ll miss their hedge maze meet n greet area. And this is the knee jerk temporary solution.

No, the last part was serious. Hypothalamus was a great character in a very clever attraction. Was also developed by Jerry Rees’s wife.

Last edited:

jt04

I'm only looking forward to a seamless digitized IdF.

Sing along just not something I would do.

Seems like they have found the perfect balance. IMO.

WondersOfLife

I’m saying management decided something needed to be done for the little darlings who’ll miss their hedge maze meet n greet area. And this is the knee jerk temporary solution.

No, the last part was serious. Hypothalamus was a great character in a very clever attraction.

And I, again, agree that it's a crappy solution.

Perhaps I should share my personal view at the events at hand to ease some tension: I have no opinion on the attraction, this I have stated several times. I am not a fan of IPs being shoe-horned into Epcot where they don't work, this, I have not properly addressed. I am not a fan of a sing-along show replacing IDF. I am more in favor of an updated france film, the same way I am more in favor of an updated canada and china film instead of an IP. I wish they had updated Maelstrom instead of putting on Frozen. I am very much a huge fan of Epcot's original message and intentions.

But... I will always stand by the fact that I am aware that the average theme park guest does not like the same things we Epcot buffs may appreciate. Today's guests do not understand. Today's guests want more Disney. More IP. That is what will make Disney more money. IDF will not. IDF does not have guests rope-drop guests flocking to it. IDF does not have hyped up people on buses saying they're looking forward to it (except the few original Epcot fanatics). It is a sad reality that I am aware of. I shouldn't have to justify myself saying "an IP will be much more popular." Which is literally the essence of everything I was saying. That's just a fact.

I never said that it is a good idea, I never said that I liked it, and I never said that people should not like IDF. I do not have any charts, graphs, or physical evidence for you to look at. But my reasonings are precise and accurate.

All that aside, I'm just honestly going to give it a rest and say that this is a "agree to disagree" argument. And I've said the following statement several times to you Martin, as you know. "I have the upmost respect for you and your knowledge, Martin. I hope this does not create a barrier between us." Yadda yadda, you get the jist.

Side note-- Thanks for the signature complement! I grew up watching CC on a loop when I was little, loved it. Also, Martin is my last name.

Disneyhead'71

I should say, I'm not a "Disney Brand" fan. You won't find me waiting in an hour long line to get the latest Disney Parks Pop figure or a F&W cutting board. I own no rose gold whatever. I know there are tons that do, thus the hour long lines.

I am a theme park fan. A fan of museums. What drew me to Disney Parks is their depth. Their inspiration.

This is the antithesis of what made me fall in love with Disney Parks. I'd rather sit through a root canal than go to a sing-a-long.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And I, again, agree that it's a crappy solution.

Perhaps I should share my personal view at the events at hand to ease some tension: I have no opinion on the attraction, this I have stated several times. I am not a fan of IPs being shoe-horned into Epcot where they don't work, this, I have not properly addressed. I am not a fan of a sing-along show replacing IDF. I am more in favor of an updated france film, the same way I am more in favor of an updated canada and china film instead of an IP. I wish they had updated Maelstrom instead of putting on Frozen. I am very much a huge fan of Epcot's original message and intentions.

But... I will always stand by the fact that I am aware that the average theme park guest does not like the same things we Epcot buffs may appreciate. Today's guests do not understand. Today's guests want more Disney. More IP. That is what will make Disney more money. IDF will not. IDF does not have guests rope-drop guests flocking to it. IDF does not have hyped up people on buses saying they're looking forward to it (except the few original Epcot fanatics). It is a sad reality that I am aware of. I shouldn't have to justify myself saying "an IP will be much more popular." Which is literally the essence of everything I was saying. That's just a fact.

I never said that it is a good idea, I never said that I liked it, and I never said that people should not like IDF. I do not have any charts, graphs, or physical evidence for you to look at. But my reasonings are precise and accurate.

All that aside, I'm just honestly going to give it a rest and say that this is a "agree to disagree" argument. And I've said the following statement several times to you Martin, as you know. "I have the upmost respect for you and your knowledge, Martin. I hope this does not create a barrier between us." Yadda yadda, you get the jist.

Side note-- Thanks for the signature complement! I grew up watching CC on a loop when I was little, loved it. Also, Martin is my last name.
Peace and love. And thank you :)

And poor you. Wait until you try and check into hotels with a partner if you’re not married. “Mr and Mrs Smith huh?”

aladdin2007

No, the last part was serious. Hypothalamus was a great character in a very clever attraction. Was also developed by Jerry Rees’s wife.

makes sense, however I do still worry it will become so popular that they will decide to make it permanent, but then I guess not if they are spending money on IDF updates....speaking of updates, I know it was commented briefly above, but regarding circle of life,,do they really have a concrete replacement in the pipeline? I had not kept up with that one. If you cant comment no worries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom