Beast's Castle

Magenta Panther

At D23 I remember seeing some very vague interior art for the restaurant and that's it. But there was a lot to see there, and I might have missed something.

But anyway, Beast's Castle could be an awesome attraction, particularly if there were AAs of Cogsworth and Lumiere and maybe the Beast himself (especially if the Imagineers have learned what NOT to do after the Yeti debacle)...

Magenta Panther

Maybe some Adventureland love? Hopefully....possibly?

I agree. I'd like a little more Pirates-themed stuff in Adventureland, for starters. Maybe a restaurant with a Pirates show, with really cool interior decor. Could easily compete with the Three Broomsticks and Hog's Head restaurants at Universal.

By the way, Emperor...those two guys in your avatar? They need to come back to Epcot. Soon. Immediately, if possible. Just saying.

DisneyParksFan1

At D23 I remember seeing some very vague interior art for the restaurant and that's it. But there was a lot to see there, and I might have missed something.

But anyway, Beast's Castle could be an awesome attraction, particularly if there were AAs of Cogsworth and Lumiere and maybe the Beast himself (especially if the Imagineers have learned what NOT to do after the Yeti debacle)...

Oh let's not think of the Yeti now... That makes me down/angy whenever I think about it.

Now as for the other AA's, it should be really interesting to see how they execute this. I personally can't wait. I wonder if the AA's will be on an individual tables, or if there will be one AA for each room. That raises the question: Will one have to pay for the AA to come to an individual table?

Magenta Panther

Speaking of the Beauty and the Beast show at Hollywood Studios- do you suppose they will keep it even after Beast's castle/ Restaurant and nice meet and greet are done in Fantasyland? I love the show, but if they wanted to do a scaled down Mary Poppins instead I wouldn't complain. I only use Mary Poppins as an example since it is Disney's latest broadway hit. None of them would surprise me...

Oh, I would love to see a Poppins show in the parks. The neglect of Walt's best live-action film in the parks borders on criminal. It deserves a much stronger presence than it currently has.

Magenta Panther

This will probably never happen, but I would like to see the PH area be converted to a Neverland theme. They could move the Peter Pan ride over to this area, which would give them cause to improve and expand the overall size of the ride itself. They could create a play area, such as the Lost Boys hideout for kids to play in and include the Tinkerbell meet and greet area further back to give the impression that you are traveling further into the island. Since this would be over near TLM, they could expand the water feature to include Neverland to give the impression of being on the island.

Heck, why not add Big Ben to the ride entry and have the best of both worlds. :)

They could re-purpose the old building that housed the original Peter Pan Dark ride and replace it with a new Pinnochio or Alice and Wonderland ride. :D

I LOVE those ideas! :sohappy:

Mrs.Toad

The last several posts got me thinking...

If they change their minds, how does one or an organization crawl from under that fallout?

Disney saying, "And we present to you the Princesses and Fairies. Come to their homes and meet them!":sohappy: And they show what really is magnificent conceptual art.

And now possibly backtrack and say, "Er, ok, now, um, er, you can't visit them or meet them or even talk to them and while we're at it you can't see any of it...or the fairies or their homes either.":shrug:

This could be bad, I don't think they can completely scrap everything even if they want to. I would not want to be working in the offices right now or doing PR if this does go down.

So, they will probably have to do something to save face even if partial plans are scrapped or downsized.

Not that saving face seems to be important. How many Yeti complaints have they gotten? :ROFLOL:Ah, if only our post offices had the equivalent of a Harry Potter howler!

If they have backtracked I think they still have to do something with the princesses and fairies, possibly hype up the LM and other elements they keep even more as consolation, and maybe even add something else because this is a rough situation to be in.

There is so much speculation about what they will do or not do but I think they wouldn't dare scrap the princesses and fairies totally.

I would think they are too far in and invested too much money already to completely change their minds. I would think they will scale down as opposed to starting over. And only time will tell if it was a good idea or not.

Also, I looked at the model and thanks for posting because I hadn't seen it. I'd only seen the conceptual art and the model gives a different perspective.

The beast palace looks sort of squat and I'm not sure you'd be able to see if from Main Street either. There is one tower/turret/whatever when you face it on the left and I would think it will appear to give the castle some height.

I doubt they want it to compete with the MK castle icon. I would be upset with that if they did.

That's like putting another Spaceship Earth in Epcot.

aladdin2007

The last several posts got me thinking...

If they change their minds, how does one or an organization crawl from under that fallout?

Disney saying, "And we present to you the Princesses and Fairies. Come to their homes and meet them!":sohappy: And they show what really is magnificent conceptual art.

And now possibly backtrack and say, "Er, ok, now, um, er, you can't visit them or meet them or even talk to them and while we're at it you can't see any of it...or the fairies or their homes either.":shrug:

This could be bad, I don't think they can completely scrap everything even if they want to. I would not want to be working in the offices right now or doing PR if this does go down.

So, they will probably have to do something to save face even if partial plans are scrapped or downsized.

Not that saving face seems to be important. How many Yeti complaints have they gotten? :ROFLOL:Ah, if only our post offices had the equivalent of a Harry Potter howler!

If they have backtracked I think they still have to do something with the princesses and fairies, possibly hype up the LM and other elements they keep even more as consolation, and maybe even add something else because this is a rough situation to be in.

There is so much speculation about what they will do or not do but I think they wouldn't dare scrap the princesses and fairies totally.

I would think they are too far in and invested too much money already to completely change their minds. I would think they will scale down as opposed to starting over. And only time will tell if it was a good idea or not.

Also, I looked at the model and thanks for posting because I hadn't seen it. I'd only seen the conceptual art and the model gives a different perspective.

The beast palace looks sort of squat and I'm not sure you'd be able to see if from Main Street either. There is one tower/turret/whatever when you face it on the left and I would think it will appear to give the castle some height.

I doubt they want it to compete with the MK castle icon. I would be upset with that if they did.

That's like putting another Spaceship Earth in Epcot.

You will not see the beasts castle from anywhere in the park except for when your in the beauty and beast area. It will be fairly small scale using forced perspective. I dont even think you will see it when in Fantasyland in general. Its not going to be a major building in itself, just the show building built around it.

Mrs.Toad

It just makes me feel better to hear you say that.

Whoooh! What a relief!

:lol:

I guessed that it would be criminal to rival the original castle and TDO would know better, but I have been disappointed so much you never know. LOL!

It was scary there for a bit... when you hear second castle, second princess, second table service...

jt04

It just makes me feel better to hear you say that.

Whoooh! What a relief!

:lol:

I guessed that it would be criminal to rival the original castle and TDO would know better, but I have been disappointed so much you never know. LOL!

It was scary there for a bit... when you hear second castle, second princess, second table service...

TDO has little say in the matter. :lol:

aladdin2007

Im just taking a wild guess here but I think the beauty and beast village area will be on par with Germany at Epcot, in terms of sizing etc.

jt04

best thing I heard all day :sohappy:

The TDO meme that has infected our little on-line community here is not only wrong, it is tired, lame and painful to read for it's lack of humor. All great jokes have a germ of truth to them. The TDO lines that get spewed on these boards are not grounded in any reality. So, to me it sounds like a bunch of parroting without any thought. It defines the word borish.:snore:

I am refering to some of the trolls around here not regular posters like you.

aladdin2007

The TDO meme that has infected our little on-line community here is not only wrong, it is tired, lame and painful to read for it's lack of humor. All great jokes have a germ of truth to them. The TDO lines that get spewed on these boards are not grounded in any reality. So, to me it sounds like a bunch of parroting without any thought. It defines the word borish.:snore:

Well the TDO bashing certainly has grown to a new height on here in many of the topics. Im sure alot of the info on here is incorrect, its just lately the things (or things we think its TDO doing) concerns me as well (SE being the biggest in anger and dissapointment to me personally), but at the same time I think and hope there are people in TDO who want to do the best possible for the parks.

SeaCastle

TDO jokes not grounded in reality? How do you explain that the WDW I visited in 2008 is going to be virtually the same park I'll see in three days? It shot down proposals that would have added attractions and enhanced existing ones, thereby making my experience more enjoyable. It slashed Space Mountain's budget that would have made it twice as good as it is now. Until recently, maintenance was not up to par. The Yeti remains unfixed. Fantasyland would not be expanded if it wasn't for the-powers-that-be forcing it. TDO is not out there to better the parks, and if you can't see that, with all due respect a reality check is due.

jt04

TDO jokes not grounded in reality? How do you explain that the WDW I visited in 2008 is going to be virtually the same park I'll see in three days? It shot down proposals that would have added attractions and enhanced existing ones, thereby making my experience more enjoyable. It slashed Space Mountain's budget that would have made it twice as good as it is now. Until recently, maintenance was not up to par. The Yeti remains unfixed. Fantasyland would not be expanded if it wasn't for the-powers-that-be forcing it. TDO is not out there to better the parks, and if you can't see that, with all due respect a reality check is due.

One division at a time. Eisner left some huge messes. They can't be fix all at once. Lasseter is just one person. FLE/Pixar Place are just the beginning. IMO.

SeaCastle

One division at a time. Eisner left some huge messes. They can't be fix all at once. Lasseter is just one person. FLE/Pixar Place are just the beginning. IMO.

Yes, but unlike what you said TDO is still at fault. There's no way around that.

DisneyParksFan1

Hm, no sarcasm but how has maintenance gotten better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom