Beast's Castle

ssymes

People were upset that Equatorial Africa, Switzerland, Spain, and Israel weren't built at Epcot. All of those were officially announced to the public. People were upset when Mr. Toad's Wild Ride closed at the MK.

It's part of business.

Closing PH doesn't mean Tinkerbell and her friends won't have a M&G; it means that a few acres of land won't be wasted on oversized trees and flowers leading to the M&G. Disneyland's PH is the perfect size, and there's no reason for the MK's version to take up valuable real estate.

This will probably never happen, but I would like to see the PH area be converted to a Neverland theme. They could move the Peter Pan ride over to this area, which would give them cause to improve and expand the overall size of the ride itself. They could create a play area, such as the Lost Boys hideout for kids to play in and include the Tinkerbell meet and greet area further back to give the impression that you are traveling further into the island. Since this would be over near TLM, they could expand the water feature to include Neverland to give the impression of being on the island.

Heck, why not add Big Ben to the ride entry and have the best of both worlds. :)

They could re-purpose the old building that housed the original Peter Pan Dark ride and replace it with a new Pinnochio or Alice and Wonderland ride. :D

I'd love to see something developed in the proposed Pixie Hollow area that appeals to the whole family (dark ride, BTMR-style coaster, water ride, etc). Meet and greets are nice, but I feel like they occupy too much space (at least in these design plans). Why do these massive sets need to be constructed to meet and greet with a few characters? Aladdin and friends seemed fine standing near their magic carpets.

More importantly though, I don't understand why any new addition needs to have its own mini-land. Why a whole area devoted to Pixie Hollow, Dumbo/Circus, Wonderland, etc? Beauty and the Beast offers multiple services (Belle meet and greet, restaurant, tavern, Beast's Castle, scenery, etc) so I understand why it's being built as a mini-land. Little Mermaid, on the other hand, is one attraction and is being built that way. A compact area of land with a beautiful facade. Can't they do something like that in the land proposed for Pixie Hollow (maybe two attractions each themed to two different original concepts and/or films) instead of choosing one film and devoting a whole area to it?

jrlang1

PH should be turned into a playground for kids thats is the same quality as HIS Playground or the Bone Yard. both MK and Epcot could use a high quality play area for kids or as i like to call them E ticket play grounds

CaptainJackNO

As upset as people are the the M&M M&G's being relocated I think they will be even more so that Tinkerbell is being removed from the picture. Of course, I'm still not buying PH is canceled. Lee has been very wrong in the past and there is no guarantee he isn't wrong again.
I have been a member on WDWMAGIC for over 10 years (under a different username, of course) and Lee has been THE MOST reliable source on these boards. Whenever there is a rumor posted, I usually look for Lee's input to confirm for me. I cannot point to any particular instance where Lee was wrong, but I can think of many where he was correct.

As far as PH, i see this as a short term thing. The pixie thing is not successful like, say, Toy Story or Finding Nemo. The pixies are not a timeless Disney classic, save for Tinkerbell. While I believe some people, especially young girls may be into PH right now, I do not see it lasting long. Then, that will be an entire area built that will need total reworking, design, and re-themeing in the future.
I don't see Pixie Hollow as that much of a loss and I have a little girl. I thought early on that the heavy emphasis on the princess/pixie meet and greet thing was overblown.
Also, I find it hard to believe that potential DVC members are hinging their decision to purchase on Pixie Hollow. No one will make that significant investment on WDW based, solely on one attraction, whether that's PH, Space Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Whatever. :wave:

ryguy

:lol:
This will probably never happen, but I would like to see the PH area be converted to a Neverland theme. They could move the Peter Pan ride over to this area, which would give them cause to improve and expand the overall size of the ride itself. They could create a play area, such as the Lost Boys hideout for kids to play in and include the Tinkerbell meet and greet area further back to give the impression that you are traveling further into the island. Since this would be over near TLM, they could expand the water feature to include Neverland to give the impression of being on the island.

Heck, why not add Big Ben to the ride entry and have the best of both worlds. :)

They could re-purpose the old building that housed the original Peter Pan Dark ride and replace it with a new Pinnochio or Alice and Wonderland ride. :D

I think I am having Deja VU :lol:

Biff215

From the looks of that model (and I realize it is still changing), most of the current setup of MTTF could remain. I'm not saying it's the greatest, but why bulldoze it if PH may never happen? I have no problem with them using that space for another idea, but I'd hate to see that land just sit there after all is said and done. It really wouldn't be that hard to tie Dumbo into the current theme back there and maybe even upgrade everything while at it.

Just my two cents!

RSoxNo1

As in a possible c-ticket dark ride?

That's what I believe Fantasy Land most needs, and adding another attraction along side with TLM would be a huge overall boost to the expansion:slurp::slurp:

I think the scope of Pixie Hollow's replacement is still very much up in the air.

If Dumbo's location is still up in the air do you think TTF will go down before the end of the year as it is expected?

I believe what I heard was January at the earliest.

Closing PH doesn't mean Tinkerbell and her friends won't have a M&G; it means that a few acres of land won't be wasted on oversized trees and flowers leading to the M&G. Disneyland's PH is the perfect size, and there's no reason for the MK's version to take up valuable real estate.

I agree, I think a smaller meet and greet attraction is more than acceptable. I understand the need for this, but I would much rather see a ride on that real estate.

aladdin2007

I wonder if they are still planning on retheming the barnstormer to clowns? That was the worst of all the ideas, a mini dumbo circus area is fine but theming that little coaster to clowns sounds like another cheap ak dinoland thing.

Enchantâmes

I wonder if they are still planning on retheming the barnstormer to clowns? That was the worst of all the ideas, a mini dumbo circus area is fine but theming that little coaster to clowns sounds like another cheap ak dinoland thing.
No one ever said it was going to become a clown ride, you're just crazy. :wave:

Next Big Thing

No one ever said it was going to become a clown ride, you're just crazy. :wave:
It actually was talked about for awhile. This is from the Spring D23 Magazine:

-The final area, or neighborhood, is Dumbo’s Circus, which will relocate Dumbo the Flying Elephant from it’s current location and-get this, patient parents-double capacity by adding a second attraction, effectively cutting guests’ wait time in half! Imagineers are also air-conditioning the entire experience by moving the queue indoors-under the big top, as it were. “We’ll provide a fully immersive circus environment inside Dumbo’s Big Top,” says Jon, “where guests are invited to engage in a series of interactive experiences, from sideshow acts to carnival midway games, while they wait. We really endeavored to begin the guest experience the moment they entered the queue.” The Dumbo area, built on the former site of Mickey’s Toontown Fair, will also absorb Goofy’s Barnstormer and transform it into a Dumbo-centric, clown themed coaster.

DisneyNut2007

I have been a member on WDWMAGIC for over 10 years (under a different username, of course) and Lee has been THE MOST reliable source on these boards. Whenever there is a rumor posted, I usually look for Lee's input to confirm for me. I cannot point to any particular instance where Lee was wrong, but I can think of many where he was correct.

As far as PH, i see this as a short term thing. The pixie thing is not successful like, say, Toy Story or Finding Nemo. The pixies are not a timeless Disney classic, save for Tinkerbell. While I believe some people, especially young girls may be into PH right now, I do not see it lasting long. Then, that will be an entire area built that will need total reworking, design, and re-themeing in the future.
I don't see Pixie Hollow as that much of a loss and I have a little girl. I thought early on that the heavy emphasis on the princess/pixie meet and greet thing was overblown.
Also, I find it hard to believe that potential DVC members are hinging their decision to purchase on Pixie Hollow. No one will make that significant investment on WDW based, solely on one attraction, whether that's PH, Space Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Whatever. :wave:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. LEE IS NOT RELIABLE!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Skyway

Wasn't Pixie Hollow supposed to include a dark ride?

If so, I wonder if the dark ride may simply be re-themed.

I understand how a second "phase" like PH can be cut from the plans at the last minute. But I'd be surprised to see any of the Phase 1 plans cut. Clearly they were still in play at D-23 one year ago, and presumably much work was already done (including blueprints specifying power, water, and other utility infrastructure). Would they really eliminate the M&Gs so late in the game, especially considering they are physically located in the center of the new FL ?

One other question for those in-the-know....

Is the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster still dead? Or is that back on the table?

mp2bill

This is actually something that I've been very curious about myself.

My thought, perhaps in the excavation of the land for the development of the FLE the area where Beast's castle will sit is geographically lower than Cinderella Castle. Therefore it can be a significant height and still not be seen from Main Street.

This is what I was thinking. I think the footprint will be pretty large, and they will probably want to make it look a lot like it did in the movie, so I'm sure it'll be relatively tall.

BrerFrog

If so, I wonder if the dark ride may simply be re-themed.

I understand how a second "phase" like PH can be cut from the plans at the last minute. But I'd be surprised to see any of the Phase 1 plans cut. Clearly they were still in play at D-23 one year ago, and presumably much work was already done (including blueprints specifying power, water, and other utility infrastructure). Would they really eliminate the M&Gs so late in the game, especially considering they are physically located in the center of the new FL ?

One other question for those in-the-know....

It was, if I remember correctly some insiders here claimed it would have fantastic technology, but then at some point it seems that the idea was scrapped.

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah, at one point. Very little is known about it, as it didn't get very far into the process and not much has leaked.
The other PH ride was "Bobble and Clank's Whirl and Twirl". Kinda like "Tow Mater's Junkyard Jamboree" but themed to the two guys from the Tink DVD series.

Dead as originally conceived. It was to be located near the SW dark ride, nearly on top of where Cinderella is now going.
Not sure it would make sense to stick it over on the east side.

Stitch1096

I am almost positive Pixie Hollow is done for. It is targeted for such a small age group that it it isn't even worth it. for the most it's for girls ages. 3-12 maybe less

MotherOfBirds

I know everyone has been talking about putting Neverland in MTTF instead of PH, but do y'all think TDO would do that? (that wasn't mean to sound rhetorical). I was just contemplating the possibility of them moving PPF and putting another ride in the old space. I had thought that maybe they could keep some of the PH theming and such in the area with some adjustments, until I remembered: it's basically made up of smaller lands: Pirateland, Indianland, Jungleland, Mermaidland, etc. It'd be like a mini MK inside MK :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom