Beast's Castle

Uncle Lupe

It looks like Beast castle will be blocked by Cindy castle from the park entry. So the castle will still be an illusion of size but maybe bigger then we think.

RSoxNo1

\

Well, most people on here claiming to be getting tipoffs from their "sources" are usually people reading off of Hill's site. Not pointing fingers in any direction, just in general. And if Hollow is dead, than thank you Disney! But I can see why they'd want to keep it with how fantastic it sells. I mean, most of my time spent at the Disney store this past season was stocking, and the fairies went like crazy (and not just Tink). But if its dead, than I will not be complaining about it.

I should clarify - as was discussed in our interview with Jim Hill, the model that was shown earlier in this thread is an old model. It was old as of December 2009, and basically many of the components of the Fantasyland expansion are fluid.

Because the Restaurant is coming, it wouldn't make sense for the Beast's castle to go away.

As Lee said, Pixie Hollow isn't happening, but there is the possibility of another attraction to take up shop in Fantasyland. Additionally, the Princess "meet and greets", the location of Dumbo and the Pixie Hollow replacement are seemingly up in the air right now.

UberPlannerMom

Speaking of the Beauty and the Beast show at Hollywood Studios- do you suppose they will keep it even after Beast's castle/ Restaurant and nice meet and greet are done in Fantasyland? I love the show, but if they wanted to do a scaled down Mary Poppins instead I wouldn't complain. I only use Mary Poppins as an example since it is Disney's latest broadway hit. None of them would surprise me...

And a totally seperate thought brought about by the previous thought... have any of you seen the actual broadway show compared to what they do at Hollywood studios? Very, very different! Mostly in the costuming, but very very different!

RadioHead

As Lee said, Pixie Hollow isn't happening, but there is the possibility of another attraction to take up shop in Fantasyland. Additionally, the Princess "meet and greets", the location of Dumbo and the Pixie Hollow replacement are seemingly up in the air right now.

As in a possible c-ticket dark ride?

That's what I believe Fantasy Land most needs, and adding another attraction along side with TLM would be a huge overall boost to the expansion:slurp::slurp:

cookiee_munster

i think what would be cool was if they took the concept from the little mermaid area at Tokyo DisneySea (all indoor) and actually created a forest version instead. so its very dark. kind of mysterious. not scary, just magical.

Generally it would be a small play area for kids, with shops and maybe some of the smaller type attractions for the little'uns. all forest themed of course :animwink:

i think they are onto something with this forest concept. you look back at all the Disney films, and just think about how many films had scenes where it took place within a wood/forest? *thinks* :)

BrerFrog

I should clarify - as was discussed in our interview with Jim Hill, the model that was shown earlier in this thread is an old model. It was old as of December 2009, and basically many of the components of the Fantasyland expansion are fluid.

Because the Restaurant is coming, it wouldn't make sense for the Beast's castle to go away.

If Dumbo's location is still up in the air do you think TTF will go down before the end of the year as it is expected?

jt04

As upset as people are the the M&M M&G's being relocated I think they will be even more so that Tinkerbell is being removed from the picture. Of course, I'm still not buying PH is canceled. Lee has been very wrong in the past and there is no guarantee he isn't wrong again.

tirian

As upset as people are the the M&M M&G's being relocated I think they will be even more so that Tinkerbell is being removed from the picture. Of course, I'm still not buying PH is canceled. Lee has been very wrong in the past and there is no guarantee he isn't wrong again.

People were upset that Equatorial Africa, Switzerland, Spain, and Israel weren't built at Epcot. All of those were officially announced to the public. People were upset when Mr. Toad's Wild Ride closed at the MK.

It's part of business.

Closing PH doesn't mean Tinkerbell and her friends won't have a M&G; it means that a few acres of land won't be wasted on oversized trees and flowers leading to the M&G. Disneyland's PH is the perfect size, and there's no reason for the MK's version to take up valuable real estate.

jt04

People were upset that Equatorial Africa, Switzerland, Spain, and Israel weren't built at Epcot. All of those were officially announced to the public. People were upset when Mr. Toad's Wild Ride closed at the MK.

It's part of business.

Closing PH doesn't mean Tinkerbell and her friends won't have a M&G; it means that a few acres of land won't be wasted on oversized trees and flowers leading to the M&G. Disneyland's PH is the perfect size, and there's no reason for the MK's version to take up valuable real estate.

I agree completely. But the MK at least needs a PH on the scale of the DL version I think. Surely if they can find the space at DL....

SeaCastle

Tinkerbell doesn't necessarily have to be cut from the picture; there may be other alternatives.

And it's just not Lee saying Pixie Hollow is cut. I encourage you to check out other discussion boards and ask the insiders there about the status of Pixie Hollow.

Regardless how much you insist our insiders are wrong when they tell you news that you don't want to believe, their track record is much better than yours. (That's not to say what they report always happens, i.e. a few years back that Carousel of Progress was sure to be closed and be replaced by an Incredibles giga-coaster, but nothing in the world (especially projects like this) is a given except death and taxes. Plans change....that doesn't make the information they dole out "wrong", as there are tons of factors that can halt development and execution of new projects.

You're free to believe whatever you want to believe, but it doesn't necessarily make it true.

jt04

Tinkerbell doesn't necessarily have to be cut from the picture; there may be other alternatives.

And it's just not Lee saying Pixie Hollow is cut. I encourage you to check out other discussion boards and ask the insiders there about the status of Pixie Hollow.

Regardless how much you insist our insiders are wrong when they tell you news that you don't want to believe, their track record is much better than yours. (That's not to say what they report always happens, i.e. a few years back that Carousel of Progress was sure to be closed and be replaced by an Incredibles giga-coaster, but nothing in the world (especially projects like this) is a given except death and taxes. Plans change....that doesn't make the information they dole out "wrong", as there are tons of factors that can halt development and execution of new projects.

You're free to believe whatever you want to believe, but it doesn't necessarily make it true.

I never claimed my "track record" was better. But then I don't claim to have special access to inside information. So when "insiders" get stuff completely wrong, it calls their credibility into question on everything else. That's life.

ryguy

Truthfully why would PH be "on", it didn't make any sense from the start. How about this idea. Create a neverland area and redo/update the Peter Pan attraction. You could have a meet and greet with Tink somewhere in neverland. It would also appeal to more boys as well. To me the current Peter Pan attraction is one of the worst at the MK. Yet it has such great potential to be such a cool ride. Once thats done, you can gut the old Pan and put another dark ride, maybe alice in wonderland. That I think would solve a lot of problems in Fantasyland. It would appeal to both boys and girls rather than what was originally proposed when FLE was first announced.

Uncle Lupe

Speaking of the Beauty and the Beast show at Hollywood Studios- do you suppose they will keep it even after Beast's castle/ Restaurant and nice meet and greet are done in Fantasyland? I love the show, but if they wanted to do a scaled down Mary Poppins instead I wouldn't complain. I only use Mary Poppins as an example since it is Disney's latest broadway hit. None of them would surprise me...

And a totally seperate thought brought about by the previous thought... have any of you seen the actual broadway show compared to what they do at Hollywood studios? Very, very different! Mostly in the costuming, but very very different!

I saw this tour when it was in Cincinnati, great show but a totally different story. When you and many people are expecting the classic Mary Poppins story, it was a big change. It would be nice to see it represented in the parks more.

Mad Stitch

Since the general consensus is that the Be Our Guest restaurant is still going to be built, does that include Gaston’s Tavern, Belle’s cottage, and the rest of the B&tB village?

aladdin2007

Since the general consensus is that the Be Our Guest restaurant is still going to be built, does that include Gaston’s Tavern, Belle’s cottage, and the rest of the B&tB village?

Yes I believe the rest of that is included along with Be Our Guest, at least I havent heard of that section changing.

To respond to a couple posts back about insiders being incorrect etc etc, they seem to be right on most the time. The only thing that comes to mind that everyone seemed to be off on was the completion of Spaceship Earth, but it of course wasnt the posters' fault. I think the rug was pulled out from anyone and everyone in the know on that one, sadly.

caseybeast

Dragons

Considering the fact that Beast's Castle seems to be one of the few "sure things" of the FLE, I was wondering what (if anything) people know about how it's supposed to look, particularly in the Magic Kingdom skyline. Obviously, it's not going to compete with Cinderella's Castle for prominence, but I feel like a miniature version would feel kind of cheap. If the dining area is going to be as expansive as proposed, the footprint itself will have to be enormous, but how high up could it possibly go?

Maybe it will have something to do with the dragons on the Animal Kingdom Sign. Wouldn't that be cool. A lost land of sorts.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom