Beastly Kingdom

ToTBellHop

that's not really a "myth" per se. A mythological land will be built some day, it's just an issue of when and how different from the original BK concept it will be.

erasure fan1

For me the animal kingdom is not that far off from being the best of the 4 parks. The BK could do it depending on what they put in. I love the idea of the BK because the creativity can be limitless.

Peterwhite171

After visiting the park last year for the first time it shot up to the near top of my list. Of course Everest helped it allot but its one of the best themed parks in WDW at the moment.

BK still has allot of appeal around here as you can see by how many posts this thread has gotten already.

I hope Disney has the balls and $ to actually inject some life back into this project.

I am concerned about how much money DCA is getting but I am being told it wont effect WDW but I really find that hard to believe.

ToTBellHop

it never ceases to amaze me that people are "concerned" that a failing park in California is getting over $1 billion invested in it. I would think "jealous" is a better adjective. It's not as though booking a trip to the Disneyland Resort would be all that unreasonable...anyone who can afford a WDW trip can afford a DLR trip (the same cannot be said for the international parks).

Ausdaddy

it never ceases to amaze me that people are "concerned" that a failing park in California is getting over $1 billion invested in it. I would think "jealous" is a better adjective. It's not as though booking a trip to the Disneyland Resort would be all that unreasonable...anyone who can afford a WDW trip can afford a DLR trip (the same cannot be said for the international parks).

Totally agree. We did DLR last year and loved the change of pace. I actually "got" DCA and thought it was a fun park. I can see why they are investing the cash. If you sit outside between the parks in the evening, you can see all the people streaming from DCA to DL for the evening festivities. I'm looking forward to the makeover. Just because it will make it new again and take the pressure off DL.

WDWGuide

Damn exchange rate. Those were nice days when a trip to DLP was cheaper than visiting DL :)

ToTBellHop

oh don't even get me started on the very weak dollar...granted WDW is benefitting from it haha...still I miss the days of the 50% exchange rate on my trips to Canada.

For posters out there who aren't familiar, (or who like to look at concept art), about BK I would recommend going to http://www.m o u s e planet.com/articles.php?art=mg060711mp as it is filled with art that Maggie Parr created for the "Quest for the Unicorn" maze attraction for BK.

I CANT BELIEVE THAT NOBODY HAS THOUGHT THAT MAYBE ITS NOT BK BUT MAYBE THE MYTHS ARE CHARACTERS FROM ANOTHER MAJOR MONEYMAKER FOR DISNEY CALLED NARNIA. This would make the most sense to me from a money and war of guests.

comics101

I agree - Dinoland needs to be rethemed. The carnival aspect does not work well. Disney needs to make you feel like your entering the "real" world of Dinosaurs (similar to what the Jurassic Park movies do). Adding the Excavator attraction that was cut do to the budget could help this land greatly and would be the first wooden roller coaster in WDW.

Your ideas for attractions are great. Lion King and Jungle Books dark rides have never been built at any of the parks before, and where they center on animals, they would be pefect fits for the parks. As for the water flume ride, the concept needs a little bit of tweaking, but overall the Egyptian theme is a nice touch. And for the record, water rides are always a welcome to guests visiting in the summer months.

I semi-agree with you about Dinoland. I don't think the Excavator should be built. I just don't know what the kids would do in that area if they were to add another thrill ride. The park area's ok, but gets old after a while, and right now, the Dinorama section is all kids really have to do in that area of the park. I don't believe the Excavator should be added, but maybe a dark ride featuring cartoony dinos instead.

Chezman1399

I honestly don't think HP would be that big. SpiderMan has a larger following than Harry Potter, and that doesn't help it. Also by the time the Harry Potter areas come out, the books and movies will be but a memory, and most of the younger generation that was into it will have moved on to something else.

Anyway, I've heard from multiple sources when I worked there that this idea was definately a go as well, they just needed the time to do it. I think if it is going to happen it may be announced at or around the opening of Toy Story Mania. Also, with the lines that Lion King Draws, they may just be able to rework the Queue out to Discovery Island, hide the line and building in trees and bamboo in the middle of the new land, and put everything else around it, or move the building to be just off Africa or Discovery Island.

dave2822

I'm in the ultra-extreme minority on this board who never could get into HP (basically slept my way through 2 books), and doesn't enjoy the fantasy shenanigans of Star Wars, Narnia, Lord of the Rings ,etc ... to each his own, of course. However, even I can see how downright cool this BK idea seems.

I think it's safe to say eventually BK or some variation will come to AK in the future; it's also safe to say that MGM will continue to get additions and MK will continue to get refurbs ... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which direction WDW management is going.

But if BK truly was placed back on the front burner, it would do wonders to AK's already increasing attendance numbers; I for one think MGM should be getting most of the focus, but heck, if they are planning on doing both parks at once, why not? Don't know how realistic it is to say anything major will be announced before the completion of TSM, but I believe the attraction plans will continue to roll out, one after the other, like it's been for a few years now.

jedimaster1227

I CANT BELIEVE THAT NOBODY HAS THOUGHT THAT MAYBE ITS NOT BK BUT MAYBE THE MYTHS ARE CHARACTERS FROM ANOTHER MAJOR MONEYMAKER FOR DISNEY CALLED <U>NARNIA</U>. This would make the most sense to me from a money and war of guests.

The franchise isn't yet ready to be expanded into an entire themed land. An attraction or two, yes, but not an entire land. Disney is waiting to see how Prince Caspian's turnout is before it invests more in the franchise on a more permanent scale. If the upcoming movie does well, expect more of Narnia to show up at WDW (but not on the scale of Beastly Kingdom). If the movie does poorly, don't expect anything else.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I CANT BELIEVE THAT NOBODY HAS THOUGHT THAT MAYBE ITS NOT BK BUT MAYBE THE MYTHS ARE CHARACTERS FROM ANOTHER MAJOR MONEYMAKER FOR DISNEY CALLED <U>NARNIA</U>. This would make the most sense to me from a money and war of guests.

I cant believe that you are yelling at everyone like that...

SJN1279

I think they need to fix Everest before they even think of building a new land. The first half of the attraction is very weak(especially the section where you are waiting for the track change to go backwards) and needs money to increase theming or add narration. The story is extemely hard to follow.

Also, if Joe Rhode is in charge of Beastly Kingdom developement, I don't have high hopes for the land.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think they need to fix Everest before they even think of building a new land. The first half of the attraction is very weak(especially the section where you are waiting for the track change to go backwards) and needs money to increase theming or add narration. The story is extemely hard to follow.

Also, if Joe Rhode is in charge of Beastly Kingdom developement, I don't have high hopes for the land.

Wow. Thats not a very common opinion. Mind if I ask why such a poor opinion of Mr. Rhode?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom