Beastly Kingdom

brucie

If Disney was going to do something to combat harry potter now would be the time to start, they don't want to get left behind!

comics101

I don't see why BK would have to be in CMM. Wasn't there some sort of construction going on behind EE a little while ago? I would assume they could easily build a mini land there. If this is true, Awesome! If it's not, oh well. I do believe BK will come in some form within the next 20 years at the most. AK needs it IMO, and It only makes sense. Maybe Disney's waiting to see How HPland does over at Uni before building it. Though, that wouldn't make much sense I guess bc there was always The Lost Continent. Oh well, Here's hoping BK get's built eventually...

redfive13

I'm surprised about the non-bashing going on with this topic...

I would love to see something replace CMM and it would be twice as nice seeing the we would get a new Kingdom and the Beastly Kingdom rumuors would finally be over....

Disneybear

Are you sure your uncle wasn't confusing Beastly Kingdom with work on the new T Rex restaurant? There are similar elements there. I would love it if BK were built, but did Joe Rhodes not say that it almost certainly wouldn't and if anything were to come from the ideas they had for BK they would be put into individual attractions in the already established land within the park i.e Expedition Everest in Asia, and not into a new land.

Epcot82Guy

Interesting information. It would be possible. As with anything Disney, projects get revived and changed all the time. Having just gone, DAK DESPERATELY needs a new land to swallow up some people. The park is unnecessarily crowded, and this would be the perfect addition in some element.

I am surprised it didn't get greenlit before simply because of the breadth of creations that could come from it. Also, this timing makes a little more sense since a big thing with the Universal-WDW rivalry was the recreation as the Lost Continent over at IOA. Well, Harry Potter is now pretty much killing that area of the park, so the overlap doesn't exist anymore.

Also, looking at the map, there is plenty of space for a more linear land to be built north of CMM. Also, there is an existing backstage bridge, so no construction would be needed for that even.

This may all be wishful thinking, but the cards seem right at this point.

comics101

I was just wondering, could the reason it's taking so long for BK to get built in any shape or form, be bc Disney doesn't want people to think they're copying off of The Lost Continent? I know Jim Hill says Uni took the Idea from Disney, but Maybe now that Uni is changing TLC to HPLand, Disney feels that they can build a mythical creature land without being accused of copying.

fizzle75

Interesting information. It would be possible. As with anything Disney, projects get revived and changed all the time. Having just gone, DAK DESPERATELY needs a new land to swallow up some people. The park is unnecessarily crowded, and this would be the perfect addition in some element.

I am surprised it didn't get greenlit before simply because of the breadth of creations that could come from it. Also, this timing makes a little more sense since a big thing with the Universal-WDW rivalry was the recreation as the Lost Continent over at IOA. Well, Harry Potter is now pretty much killing that area of the park, so the overlap doesn't exist anymore.

Also, looking at the map, there is plenty of space for a more linear land to be built north of CMM. Also, there is an existing backstage bridge, so no construction would be needed for that even.

I was wondering why no one has mentioned this yet. It seems there is a huge tract of land on the western border of AK that would be perfect for the construction of either Beastly Kingdom or Australia. How much undeveloped land does WDI have at their disposal in this area? Would that area be large enough for both Beastly Kingdom and Australia at some point?

Epcot82Guy

Exactly. I think we've seen the Joe Rhode really likes to integrate multiple layers of story, and the mythical is one area that is somewhat let go. Plus, it would entirely balance the park (ignoring CM for a second). You would have Discovery Island as the celebration of all animals in a fantasic sort of way. It is the perfect gateway. Then you have the animals of the past, animals that never were, then the entire back half of the park to the continents where the animals are. In a way, you pass by the thought of to the real.

Again, I'm just saying it makes sense. NOt that it will be done (sadly).

sbkline

...Then you have the animals of the past, animals that never were, then the entire back half of the park to the continents where the animals are. In a way, you pass by the thought of to the real.

I dunno....some of those shows on Discovery Channel and History channel cast some doubt on the premise that some of these animals never were. :D

the-reason14

I have to admit, that while I am a littel skeptical about whether or not this is true(in no way am I doubting the op, its just that its been years and Ive heard from alot of people about it was defintly coming and so on etc.) I have to say that out of all the BK rumors Ive read on these boards, this on e sounds the most valid. I really really hope that this is true, and I think that AK while it doesnt neccassarily need it, it could def. use it.

Even though I think the theme of BK is a little similar to the theme of the land at IOA that is getting the HP refurb, but still I think it will be a very great addition to AK.

Oh yea, couldnt they just make the entance to BK beyond Camp Minnie Mickey? You know like instead of getting rid of the mini land and relocating the shows, couldnt they just make you walk through there and then have like a bridge to get to BK so where its almost a little hidden? I think thats better than demo-ing Camp Minnie Mickey.

I was wondering why no one has mentioned this yet. It seems there is a huge tract of land on the western border of AK that would be perfect for the construction of either Beastly Kingdom or Australia. How much undeveloped land does WDI have at their disposal in this area? Would that area be large enough for both Beastly Kingdom and Australia at some point?

The land on/above CMM is a very large tract of land before the river in Animal Kingdom, but I don't know that it would be big enough for both lands. I would rather see BK here and an Australia above Asia in the northeast section of the park.

Oh yea, couldnt they just make the entance to BK beyond Camp Minnie Mickey? You know like instead of getting rid of the mini land and relocating the shows, couldnt they just make you walk through there and then have like a bridge to get to BK so where its almost a little hidden? I think thats better than demo-ing Camp Minnie Mickey.

They could, but the only thing I believe is worth keeping in CMM is FOTLK, and I don't think it belonged there to begin with. I would much rather seem FOTLK relocated to Africa than for it to remain. I think that if BK replaced CMM, DAK could maintain its simple layout. I relaly like the balance the park map offers, and think BK would further this. Current, living animals on top, fantasy and the past on the bottom. Major shows diagonally across the park from each other (Nemo, FOTLK). Major Coasters across the park (EE, Dragon Tower). I think the symmetry would be perfect.

I really hpoe this is true!!!!!

jt04

They could, but the only thing I believe is worth keeping in CMM is FOTLK, and I don't think it belonged there to begin with. I would much rather seem FOTLK relocated to Africa than for it to remain. I think that if BK replaced CMM, DAK could maintain its simple layout. I relaly like the balance the park map offers, and think BK would further this. Current, living animals on top, fantasy and the past on the bottom. Major shows diagonally across the park from each other (Nemo, FOTLK). Major Coasters across the park (EE, Dragon Tower). I think the symmetry would be perfect.

I really hpoe this is true!!!!!

Exactly! It would be nice too if FotLK was located in an immersive theater (similar to ITTBAB), as the current theater looks somwhat like a new car dealership. It deseves a complete facility (hopefully with a star field projector etc). So much potential at AK!

kennyj29

It's so nice to read this thread not seeing bashing all over the place. What a nice change!!!! If it's true or not, I love to see people discussing it like humans instead of know it alls. Thanks people!

wickedfan07

I saw this, too. Only thing is: is there any other backstage way to get onto Discovery Island? As long as backstage access isn't a problem, this would be a great way to expand.

I was going to post a picture of this area for everyone's reference, but Martin beat me to it. :wave: From that image, it looks like there'd be more than enough room, if they really wanted to use it and relocate a few backstage facilities.

I hope that AK continues to expand. There's plenty of opportunity for exoansion, and thery mythological creatures theme should finally be given a chance to amke it into the park. This thread came up at a good time, too. I'm currently reading the Imagineering Field Guide to Animal Kingdom.

WDWGuide

"Location of Suitable Land

During the next 10 years, the District'’s development will be directed to those areas identified as suitable in the above analysis. The largest areas of suitable land are located west of Animal Kingdom, between World Drive and I-4 between Osceola Parkway and US 192, around Lake Mable, north of the Magnolia Golf Course, east of the Magic Kingdom parking lot, and west of Disney/ MGM Studios. Other areas identified as suitable are scattered throughout the District on sites of less than 100 acres. Figure 2-6, later in this chapter, shows the location of suitable land based on land use designation."

Note: the land west of the AK is not contiguous with the park. Its expansion areas are mostly south of Camp Minnie-Mickey and north of Asia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom