Beastly kingdom?/dragon roller coaster ?

jp3raptor

Original Poster
Lately I have been thinking this rumor is dead...
but...
But what a big but it is!
While I was looking at http://www.ebeffects.com
From another post...
Here I found the biggest proof ever that BK might not be as far off as we may think...
http://www.ebeffects.com/gallery.asp?p=6
Under one of the pics it says:
"Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Florida
splattered knight
Prop armor designed to represent different outcomes of encounters with the dragon.
Designed and manufactured utilizing steel, fiberglass, aluminum, sculpting,
And scenic treatment."

THE DRAGON!!!!!
Hello this means the dragon roller coaster planned for BK in AK.
If they are already working on the props...
Maybe we will see the dragon coaster and "quest of the unicorn"
Before 2006

:slurp:

Jp3raptor

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Re: well

Originally posted by jp3raptor
that kind of ruined it for me.:brick:
but that jurk may be wrong

jp3raptor

Its been confirmed by several opening crew CMs, that those props WERE present just prior to opening, and were removed prior to opening. They were not designed for BK.
:)

Fossil

What Animal Kingdom needs is a record breaking Roller Coaster! There's nothing to do at that park. Perhaps the fastest and tallest coaster in the world would be nice. With a coaster like that Animal Kingdom will have a lot more guest... and that would be awesome!:D

WDWKing

Why is he a jerk Davis? uh-huh yeah okay. It's been all over the net, not just on this site lately that those props weren't for Beastly Kingdom, as I would have thought so a couple of weeks back.

Legacy

Sorry Fossil, a record-breaker won't be happening in Central Florida period. Height restrictions in Central Florida is 200 feet before you need those airplane warning lights. That's the reason ToT is only 199 feet tall, so Disney wouldn't have to install those lights. Thats also the same reason Busch Gardens can't build a steel monster like that, building rights on something that big would never pass. Give AK time, Imagineering are creative people and they can think of something to draw the crowds.

Originally posted by Kicker
Sorry Fossil, a record-breaker won't be happening in Central Florida period. Height restrictions in Central Florida is 200 feet before you need those airplane warning lights. That's the reason ToT is only 199 feet tall, so Disney wouldn't have to install those lights. Thats also the same reason Busch Gardens can't build a steel monster like that, building rights on something that big would never pass. Give AK time, Imagineering are creative people and they can think of something to draw the crowds.

Height restrictions may be 200 ft but they can tunnel under ground

Lovecraft

RE: those props

My brother went to Animal Kingdom the first week it opened and rode the river ride thing (not kali river rapids, of course) the other one.

He told me he remembered props of fallen and melted knights outside a dragon cave.

ToTBellHop

disney will never build a massive coaster due to:
A) It would GREATLY detract from Animal Kingdom's theming (you can't hide a 200 foot coaster)
B) No tunnels; the water table in Florida is about 10 ft. below where you are standing
C) There is a phenomenon that occurs daily in the summer, causing all outdoor attractions to close--thunderstorms. Would you be happy after waiting 2 hrs. to ride and then having to leave due to a thunderstorm? It's one of the greatest annoyances at Islands of Adventure...half the park closes for thunder.

DisneyCane

One reason for not building a record breaking coaster is limited appeal. First of all you're only the "tallest, fastest, longest inverted steel coaster east of the mississippi with the lift hill facing north/northwest" for a limited time so the "marketing" doesn't last. Second, there's a big difference in my opinion between a fun coaster and a sickening coaster. I love coasters like RNR but even one of the two dragons (I think it's blue) at IOA makes me a little sick. I think that "unique" coasters are much more fun and have more staying power. I mean space mountain is certainly far from a record breaking coaster but it's fun and always has huge lines. RNR doesn't break records but the theming and music make it great (not to mention that Aerosmith is my favorite band). Even TOT is much more fun then a normal drop ride because of the story and theming.

A record breaking coaster is not going to appeal to a very high percentage of people. It'll basically be limited to 12-22 y/o's with a few older daredevil types. But if you look around the line for space mountain or RNR there's people of all ages (well at least 12-50).

WDWFREAK53

WE DO WANT RECORD BREAKING ATTRACTIONS!!!

Not...largest coaster...or fastest coaster...or "coaster that'll get you the sickest"

we want imagineering to create an attraction that will break 3 records...

And those records are:

Record for being the most fun

Record for having the best theming

Record for running it's biggest competitor into the ground the quickest...

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by DogsRule!
disney will never build a massive coaster due to:
A) It would GREATLY detract from Animal Kingdom's theming (you can't hide a 200 foot coaster)
B) No tunnels; the water table in Florida is about 10 ft. below where you are standing
C) There is a phenomenon that occurs daily in the summer, causing all outdoor attractions to close--thunderstorms. Would you be happy after waiting 2 hrs. to ride and then having to leave due to a thunderstorm? It's one of the greatest annoyances at Islands of Adventure...half the park closes for thunder.

The same thing happens at the Mini Golf courses too. They can't open up the attractions until it has been a half hour after the last lightning bolt. That is the Florida Law.

BradleyJ

Originally posted by donaldduck1967

Height restrictions may be 200 ft but they can tunnel under ground

You can't dig in Florida, did down a few feat and you hit water.

Plus, there is no rule on Not building over 200 feet. That was just a design desision on Disney part to keets it's tallest building so as to not have warnign light.

Look at the New Epcot Sign, the Dolphin Hotel, the Skyride at Sea World, they are all over 200 feet.

I'm not sure on the lift hill on Kraken, but it's close. The only thing keeping a hypercoaster from being built in Florida, is so far, no one has done it.

Fossil

Referring to the water level in Florida... I live in Miami and i could say the water level is very close to the surface, but in central florida? I don't know much about the water level in Florida but i am sure the water level in central florida is much deeper than to a city next to the ocean and we are about 10ft above sea level. Walt Disney World owns it's own air space so why do they still regulate them to put red lights on top of any structure that is taller than 200ft?

Erika

Originally posted by Fossil
What Animal Kingdom needs is a record breaking Roller Coaster! There's nothing to do at that park. Perhaps the fastest and tallest coaster in the world would be nice. With a coaster like that Animal Kingdom will have a lot more guest... and that would be awesome!:D

There's plenty to do at that park-- it's just not what you're looking for.

Legacy

Kraken is not "close" to being a hypercoaster's height. Kraken is only about 158 feet tall. The term "hypercoaster" refers to coasters over 250 feet tall.

And isn't that 'just no one has built one', like I said, getting building rights for a coaster that high in a high air traffic area is next to impossible. That's the reason the infamous 'Busch Garden Hyper" has never gotten past the rumor stage.

Buildings are different then rides. Liability with rides compared to hotels are a completely different beast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom