Beastly kingdom?/dragon roller coaster ?

jedimaster1227

jp3raptor said:
Lately I have been thinking this rumor is dead...
but...
But what a big but it is!
While I was looking at http://www.ebeffects.com
From another post...
Here I found the biggest proof ever that BK might not be as far off as we may think...
http://www.ebeffects.com/gallery.asp?p=6
Under one of the pics it says:
"Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Florida
splattered knight
Prop armor designed to represent different outcomes of encounters with the dragon.
Designed and manufactured utilizing steel, fiberglass, aluminum, sculpting,
And scenic treatment."

THE DRAGON!!!!!
Hello this means the dragon roller coaster planned for BK in AK.
If they are already working on the props...
Maybe we will see the dragon coaster and "quest of the unicorn"
Before 2006

:slurp:

Jp3raptor

I don't know about you, but I swear I have seen those props at IOA in the Dueling Dragons queue. Maybe it is just me...:lookaroun

Sledge

Account Suspended
EmperorKuzco said:
Dueling Dragons was originally Disney's. They sold it to Universal before DAK opened, when they decided not to use it there.
I heard Imagineers working on BK were laid off or whatever and went to work for Universal and basically took the idea with them.

Legacy

EmperorKuzco said:
Dueling Dragons was originally Disney's. They sold it to Universal before DAK opened, when they decided not to use it there.
Hate to tell you, but you are completely wrong.

The original concept of the coaster in Beastly Kingdom was called Dragon's Tower. It was a single inverted coaster themed after bats helping you escape a dragon. During the development of IoA, Disney (in their infinite wisdom) laid off the Imagineers working on the Dragon's Tower attraction. Those Imagineers jumped ship to Universal for the development of IoA. Considering dragons and castles are public domain all they did was modified the story, contracted out the coaster design to B&M and voila, Dueling Dragons.

Disney never "owned" Dueling Dragons.

BK never made it because, you guessed it, budget problems. That's why the half-______ Camp Minnie-Mickey is there today, instead of Dueling Dragons and the rest of what could have been an amazing part of the park. From what I was told when I was working at WDW, the dragon on the DAK logo will be replaced at some point. I know that the designers at Maingate were working on all types of rebranding of DAK's logo and image, because guests always ask why there is a dragon on it. Also...the next "land" that has been seriously discussed for DAK is Australia...so BK is not even on the radar at this point.

Legacy

EmperorKuzco said:
BK never made it because, you guessed it, budget problems. That's why the half-______ Camp Minnie-Mickey is there today, instead of Dueling Dragons and the rest of what could have been an amazing part of the park. From what I was told when I was working at WDW, the dragon on the DAK logo will be replaced at some point. I know that the designers at Maingate were working on all types of rebranding of DAK's logo and image, because guests always ask why there is a dragon on it. Also...the next "land" that has been seriously discussed for DAK is Australia...so BK is not even on the radar at this point.
:rolleyes:

This is going to make me sound like a major jerk... but your information regarding BK and the dragon coaster is wrong and your "inside information" about Australia is old. Australia has been pushed back while they develop the little that they have. They hope Everest carries the park for a few years while they move back to developing Epcot and MGM. In a decade, we MIGHT see another land... but it's really up in the air presently.

imagineer boy

Sledge said:
And this would be the type of pointless bump that people are talking about in the RoF thread.

I wonder when Thrawn first turned into an _______hole. Find that post. That one would be more interesting. :lookaroun :D

I believe it was one of the monorail expansion threads. It went on and on and on and on with Thrawn arguing about how expensive the monorail expansion would be with quite possibly the longest posts I've ever read here.:lol: Although I do believe that that particular one was deleted...

Sledge

Account Suspended
imagineer boy said:
I believe it was one of the monorail expansion threads. It went on and on and on and on with Thrawn arguing about how expensive the monorail expansion would be with quite possibly the longest posts I've ever read here.:lol: Although I do believe that that particular one was deleted...
Aww, bummer. That would be fun to read. I rarely liked the guy and he never did anything to me. :lol:

Justa' BigKid

Thrawn said:
Been reading here for a while, first post.

But I was at AK before it opened (during the soft opening) and their were no props of that type there.

WOW!
Was this really the thread that started Thrawn?

I kinda miss Thrawn.:(

imagineer boy

Sledge said:
Aww, bummer. That would be fun to read. I rarely liked the guy and he never did anything to me. :lol:

I don't know, the thread could still be around. Maybe it was just closed and not deleted. I don't remember really...

Legacy said:
Hate to tell you, but you are completely wrong.

The original concept of the coaster in Beastly Kingdom was called Dragon's Tower. It was a single inverted coaster themed after bats helping you escape a dragon. During the development of IoA, Disney (in their infinite wisdom) laid off the Imagineers working on the Dragon's Tower attraction. Those Imagineers jumped ship to Universal for the development of IoA. Considering dragons and castles are public domain all they did was modified the story, contracted out the coaster design to B&M and voila, Dueling Dragons.

Disney never "owned" Dueling Dragons.

100% fact. Disney would never sell their attraction concepts that would be stupid.

magicstar01

if you were looking around the net at the time they were lots of news articles about this, but disney quelled rumours by saying they talk about facts not rumours! even if they did jump ship which it does honestly look like disney has all rights copyrighted and registered. you just have to look for their fake names on the register certificates. its the same how walt baught the land for WDW secretly same is applied to ride concepts, whether they do or don't use it, they dont care cause they copyright it, and like you said dragons and castles are comon ground lol:king:

djronnieb

EmperorKuzco said:

This HAS to be the Dumbest, stupidest, most moronic thing I've ever read!!!! :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom