Beastly kingdom?/dragon roller coaster ?

jedimaster1227

EmperorKuzco said:
Dueling Dragons was originally Disney's. They sold it to Universal before DAK opened, when they decided not to use it there.

Dear god no, that is like saying that Jurassic Park has a pair of Mickey Ears in its water because Disney owns it too! That is just wrong.

Dragon Tower was a concept with Bats trying to steal gold from a cave guarded by a dragon. The big finale was with a chase scene of the dragon after you. There really isn't any connection between the two rides except for the the reason they were thought of- Imagineers who were later fired and they hopped over to IOA. Also, the ride system was completely different. The cars were supposed to be suspended but your feet wouldn't dangle. It is more like Top Gun at Paramount's King's Island. They would swing and swoop but they wouldn't invert.

I really don't miss Thrawn. He was never really nice to any of us, and he thought alot about how he knew more about Disney than everyone else. Also, he had a horrible temper. Though, I was probably the first person to get Thrawn to publicly apologize to someone for his rudeness. :sohappy: I guess it was the start of a long rehab for his personality... :lol:

Tim G

EmperorKuzco said:
Dueling Dragons was originally Disney's. They sold it to Universal before DAK opened, when they decided not to use it there.
For this... I'll raise the B.S. Flag...

maxime29

Premium Member
djronnieb said:
This HAS to be the Dumbest, stupidest, most moronic thing I've ever read!!!! :hammer:
Coming from someone who bumped a thread by not contributing anything to the conversation but "OGM LIEK TIS GUIIY POSTID EN HEEEER!!!!@#F$TREG!"

Walk away from the thread...just walk away.

S.E.A.

EmperorKuzco said:
BK never made it because, you guessed it, budget problems. That's why the half-______ Camp Minnie-Mickey is there today, instead of Dueling Dragons and the rest of what could have been an amazing part of the park. From what I was told when I was working at WDW, the dragon on the DAK logo will be replaced at some point. I know that the designers at Maingate were working on all types of rebranding of DAK's logo and image, because guests always ask why there is a dragon on it. Also...the next "land" that has been seriously discussed for DAK is Australia...so BK is not even on the radar at this point.

it has already been stated by Joe Rhode himself that "Australia" has never been a feasible option for a new AK land because most of its animals aren't big and impressionable, they are all small and demure and would make no real sense to devote an entire land to.

Duelling Dragons, is not nor has it ever belonged to Disney, it is a cheap knock off of the original Dragon tower concept that has already been explained in your face for a good number of posts before me. The only thing they have in common is that there is a dragon and a castle, nothing more.

DAK's logo has already been changed once to add in Everest and Lucky the Dinosaur replacing the Triceratops and yet the Dragon still remains.

Beastlie Kingdomme is the only feasible concept of a new land that can come to DAK primarily since it has been reported that Bob Iger has been quite excited about it.

Even if it is a long shot for BK, there are PLENTY of more inspirational themes to devote a new land to other than Australia, The Amazon or the Arctic to name a couple.

yensidtlaw1969

S.E.A. said:
it has already been stated by Joe Rhode himself that "Australia" has never been a feasible option for a new AK land because most of its animals aren't big and impressionable, they are all small and demure and would make no real sense to devote an entire land to.
To add to that, most animals from Australia are nocturnal :D .

I was never really crazy about the Idea of a land devoted to Australian animals. I never took to it for whatever reason. Was it even pitched, or is it the work of some armchair Imagineer? If it was pitched, what was proposed in lieu of attractions? Never heard a single word about an attraction in Australia, which is what Animal Kingdom needs more than a new land.

Whatever.

Yensid "However, an Antartica based land could be beautiful . . . but I don't wish on it at this point" tlaw1969

jedimaster1227

S.E.A. said:

Duelling Dragons, is not nor has it ever belonged to Disney, it is a cheap knock off of the original Dragon tower concept that has already been explained in your face for a good number of posts before me. The only thing they have in common is that there is a dragon and a castle, nothing more.

DAK's logo has already been changed once to add in Everest and Lucky the Dinosaur replacing the Triceratops and yet the Dragon still remains.

Beastlie Kingdomme is the only feasible concept of a new land that can come to DAK primarily since it has been reported that Bob Iger has been quite excited about it.

Even if it is a long shot for BK, there are PLENTY of more inspirational themes to devote a new land to other than Australia, The Amazon or the Arctic to name a couple.

You are right about the plethora that is the pool of concepts that Disney has to chose from. They could have Underwater! The one that really makes the most sense to me is the Amazon, even though that is a new concept. I think this is where Epcot's rumored Rainforest Coaster would fit in...

dizneycrazy09

JROK said:
But where would they put a new land? Is there space?

In AK? It's got the most space out of any existing park. There is absolutely tons of space. They can do soo much more with that park it isnt even funny.

KrazyKemp

I'm just as interested as anyone else for Beastly Kingdom to acually come alive as a new land in AK...

But even if the rumors are true...would they really start construction anytime in the next few years? I mean...they did just build EE...and can't seem to afford to hide the show building on the back of the mountain...

lunalovegoddess

I posted in here a while back about concepts for an Australian exhibit, and wanted to say that I remembered the information about koalas. The problem with having koalas in Florida is not the climate, since it is perfect for growing eucalypts and gum trees, which are staples of the koala's diet, but rather that one koala needs to consume 1 kilogram of eucalyptus leaves per day. Sounds okay so far, right? Well, that's out of 6 kilograms a day that zoos have to supply because koalas are notoriously fussy eaters. They prefer a few species and use the other trees for shelter and mating. Researchers learned that koalas only mate in one special kind of eucalyptus tree. Without it in their habitat, there aren't any babies. Also, of the 500 species of eucalypts, only 50 are used by koalas. The average Australian zoo spends about $120,000 per year feeding koalas.
So, even if Disney someday decided that they were going ahead with a koala exhibit, they would have to maintain the cash flow necessary to feed them.
Food for thought...

daily koala care:
http://www.scom.unsw.edu.au/LIFE/Animal_Biology/Koalas/koala2.htm

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
dizneycrazy09 said:
In AK? It's got the most space out of any existing park. There is absolutely tons of space. They can do soo much more with that park it isnt even funny.
Not really - as mentioned before, AK is tall and thin since it is bordered east and west by Reedy & Boggy Creeks.

Rosso11

I know this is a little off topic but, has anyone ever heard of AK getting pandas for Asia. I know they are very difficult to acquire and must come from the Chinese government. However, I would imagine with Hong Kong Disney and the rumored Shanghai Disney, the Disney Company would have a very good relationship with the Chinese Government. Pandas are a very big draw to the few zoos across the country that have managed to have pandas at their zoos. For a zoo pandas would be an equivalent to huge E-ticket. I'm sure Disney would build a beautiful new exhibit for them in Asia. Has anyone ever heard of this passably happening?

dizneycrazy09

marni1971 said:
Not really - as mentioned before, AK is tall and thin since it is bordered east and west by Reedy & Boggy Creeks.

Well the show on Travel Channel about AK agrees with me. Considering that is where I got that information. Just relaying what it said to the masses.

CaptainMichael

dizneycrazy09 said:
Well the show on Travel Channel about AK agrees with me. Considering that is where I got that information. Just relaying what it said to the masses.
Keep in mind that such shows are not always entirely correct with their facts. From personal observation, I find that Marni knows much about such things.

phatcatrun

Rosso11 said:
I know this is a little off topic but, has anyone ever heard of AK getting pandas for Asia. I know they are very difficult to acquire and must come from the Chinese government. However, I would imagine with Hong Kong Disney and the rumored Shanghai Disney, the Disney Company would have a very good relationship with the Chinese Government. Pandas are a very big draw to the few zoos across the country that have managed to have pandas at their zoos. For a zoo pandas would be an equivalent to huge E-ticket. I'm sure Disney would build a beautiful new exhibit for them in Asia. Has anyone ever heard of this passably happening?

China doesn't give Pandas out for the purpose of them becomming an attraction. They are loaned out for the purpose of scientific study into increasing the population. AK is more of an education facility (in that it is there to educate visitors) rather than a research facility.

Plus, from what I understand from a recent, local newspaper report on the subject of China loaning Pandas: for some reason anyone else in the US getting Pandas hinges on San Diego. If San Diego renews their contract (which carries a very hefty price tag) then no other zoo in the US gets Pandas. But if San Diego does not renew their contract then the zoo in Omaha, NE is first in line to get Pandas due to their work in increasing the populations of nearly extinct species.

And I'm sorry this is off topic.

Figment571

If everyone remembers there is a movie based in the land down under The Rescuers Down Under. Now I could see a possible coaster coming from the eagle flying part of the movie. Also it would fit into the park because Cody the little boy in the movie frees the bird from McCleech's ( he's the villian in the movie) trap. Just putting that out there. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom