Bbbbrrrrr!!!!!

General Grizz

Ok; right now, there is a tornado watch, a tornado warning, a severe thunderstorm watch, a severe thunderstorm warning in several Florida locations, mainly south florida at this time. Also a flood watch is in effect for several counties...if you're in Florida, stay tuned to your local news or the Weather Channel. I'm getting outta here now! :lol:

Actually, in the last few seconds, two new counties got a tornado warning in southeast Florida...

Worldphile

Originally posted by TravisM
I know...I have been wearin a coat everyday.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't take this the wrong way, but Floridians crack me up with comments like this. It was about 32 and flurries in Chicago today. 64 is long sleeve shirt weather for us.

Although, part of it is envy. I can't wait to go in December and get a break from the cold.

General Grizz

You always know tourists when you see them. In December, I was in a jacket and long pants...the folks around me at the bus stop were all in T-Shirts and shorts!! :lol:

Worldphile

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
You always know tourists when you see them. In December, I was in a jacket and long pants...the folks around me at the bus stop were all in T-Shirts and shorts!! :lol:

Yup. Friends from Jacksonville picked us up on the day we checked out last December. They took one look at the pool full of people and said "They're not from Florida!" :lol:

SirNim

Same up here in Rhode Island! Ironically, however, we natives are bundled up because it is cold out and "tourists" are in shorts and short sleeves. A bit of a twist, eh? I can't figure it out myself. Tourists must assume their destination during their time of vacation is "warmer" than where they live. I swear that must be some psychological thing. I just...don't...know...

Maria

Originally posted by grizzlyhall

....and most likely, they are pale Brits looking for sun! :lol:

(no offense, eh?) :animwink:

figmentmom

Originally posted by Maria
....and most likely, they are pale Brits looking for sun! :lol:

(no offense, eh?) :animwink:

Or pale New Englanders looking for sun - you can always spot us on vacation in Florida because we're the ones with the pasty-white skin blinking like lizards in the strong Florida sunshine!:lol:

jaylenofan86

I haven't watched the news or weather today. I went to the Fantasyland Ride-A-Thon last night and I just got up like an hour ago.
Really! I just got back from WDW tonight! What type of transportation did you take back from MK? We may have been sitting in the same monorail car!

Sean23

I am one of the locals who will be wearing shorts and a t-shirt when it is 50 degrees out. I have been swimming at Typhoon Lagoon when it was 53f. I hope Blizzard Beach is open today because I am headed over there shortly, todays high is supposed to be in the low 60's.

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm one of the semi-locals who is wearing a long sleeved shirt, long pants, and a sweater! At 50 degrees, there's no way you'd catch me anywhere near a water park! ;)

Samwayla

JayLenoFan,
I took the monorail too! Maybe we sat in the same car and never even knew it!! Though, I can't remember which monorail I rode in. It didn't seem like they had many running though. I think maybe it was monorail black? It was either black silver or orange I think.

Holly

Originally posted by disneydisney
Whats the temperature going to be on Thanksgiving week?

Weather.com gives you a 10 day forcast. If you can believe what they say (and I don't), highs will be in mid/lower 70s and lows in the 50s.

That's pretty balmy to me since it's snowing here right now. :lol:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by The Mom
I'm one of the semi-locals who is wearing a long sleeved shirt, long pants, and a sweater! At 50 degrees, there's no way you'd catch me anywhere near a water park! ;)

Wuss....Florida makes ya soft I guess :animwink:

It gets above 65-70 and I'm ready to hop in a pool. It was in the high 40's-low 50's last week and I wasn't even wearing a jacket. Long sleeves, sure, but not a jacket. It's dipped back into the 20's here again lately.

Honestly, I'd rather have 65-75 degrees while in WDW than the 95 degree days we had in Sept while I was there. Another good reason not to go in summer I guess :)

Maria

It´s getting cold here now. There is a cold front from the north and the wind is strong and very chilly. The thermometer marks 75 inside the house which is nice (A/C temp.) but the wind is a lot cooler for sure! bbbbrrr!
Makes me happy though... I have a collection of sweaters and boots to wear! hehe... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom