Bbbbrrrrr!!!!!

Henning

Hi locals!

Is it "normal" that it gets that cold in FL at this time of year?

I was thinking about going to WDW in december next year - maybe I should think over these plans again. WDW without Typhoon Lagoon would be half the fun for me!!!

-Henning

Worldphile

Originally posted by Henning
Hi locals!

Is it "normal" that it gets that cold in FL at this time of year?

I was thinking about going to WDW in december next year - maybe I should think over these plans again. WDW without Typhoon Lagoon would be half the fun for me!!!

-Henning

First, I believe that Typhoon Lagoon shuts down for rehab every Nov. - Dec. It always is closed when we go in December. Blizzard Beach is usually open though.

Second, the weather in Florida in December can be unpredictable. We went a couple of years ago, and it was 40 degrees F during the day. At night, there were frost warnings. Last year, it was in the 60s (Fahrenheit) during the day which is more normal. But there is no guarantee that it will be warm there.

Henning

Thanks Worldphile!

Good to know. I´ve always been in FL during summertime, so I know the hurricane season - but I never thought there would be an actual winter in the sunshine state.

I think I will postpone my travel plans to march or april!

-Henning

kennyj29

New Yorkers

I get a kick out of weather talk from Florida. We always come down in Nov/Dec. for the holidays. We will be there again in 9 days. But one year we came in January. It was cool we needed a light jacket but it would have been a heat wave in NY. We got off the plane and one of the workers said, Do you see the icicles coming off my nose? My husband and I cracked up. When we got to the hotel, we saw people in the pool with steam coming off the water. I yelled "Are you from the NorthEast"? And they all replied yes. I said to my husband only us northeasterners would go in the pool in this weather..............it's funny! And for the person who wanted to come in the winter............that's the only time we come. We have hit 78 to 80 every year we're there. We must bring the good weather down!!!! Don't cancel, it's not bad..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom