Rumor BatB Rumor from Screamscape

Stevek

I would absolutely stop going to DL if Snow White was closed.
It's unlikely any one ride going away would stop me from going to Disneyland. I experienced Nature's Wonderland, America Sings, Country Bears, Adventure Thur Innerspace, Keel Boats, Circlevision, the Peoplemover 😢...all classics. I can only imagine how many folks would have said they were boycotting Disneyland as those disappeared. Things come and go but the feeling I get when walking through the gates is still distinctly Disneyland. That being said, it will likely be quite a while before I'm a paying customer again purely because the "value" isn't the same to me anymore...it costs me much more and is much more crowded.

Stevek

I wouldn't say never. I could see it being removed in 15 years. Its a huge chunk of land. I think Tiki Room would have been removed long ago if it wasn't as small as it was. IASW is prime real estate, especially if they keep the same ride system.
I'll say never, too iconic. Matterhorn (could be reskinned), Space, Mansion, Pirates, IASW, Pan (and some others)...they could all get enhancements but they are the purest of pure Disney attractions and I really don't see any way Disneyland replaces them.

Professortango1

I'll say never, too iconic. Matterhorn (could be reskinned), Space, Mansion, Pirates, IASW, Pan (and some others)...they could all get enhancements but they are the purest of pure Disney attractions and I really don't see any way Disneyland replaces them.

I just don't think people 35 and under are that attached to IASW. It has historical significance, but if it was removed in 15 years, I don't think there would be much fuss; especially if they replaced it with an attraction people wanted. Look at Tower of Terror. I know its nowhere as nostalgic as ISAW, but the ire from its removal was rather short lived, even when replaced with a far inferior attraction.

I'm sure people that Maelstrom was too iconic to remove. Or Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland. The Great Movie Ride. Star Tours. Icons change as does demands from attendees.

Last edited:

shortstop

I just don't think people 35 and under are that attached to IASW. It has historical significance, but if it was removed in 15 years, I don't think there would be much fuss; especially if they replaced it with an attraction people wanted. Look at Tower of Terror. I know its nowhere as nostalgic as ISAW, but the ire from its removal was rather short lived, even when replaced with a far inferior attraction.
Count me as someone under 35 who’d be peeved if they removed IASW. There’s no attraction I want badly enough that I’d be happy to sacrifice IASW.

The TOT ire has been short lived? That was announced over 2 years ago and people still aren’t over that. It’s because of changes like that that I’m way less interested in visiting DCA than I used to be. I’d hate for Disneyland to meet the same fate.

Professortango1

Count me as someone under 35 who’d be peeved if they removed IASW. There’s no attraction I want badly enough that I’d be happy to sacrifice IASW.

The TOT ire has been short lived? That was announced over 2 years ago and people still aren’t over that. It’s because of changes like that that I’m way less interested in visiting DCA than I used to be. I’d hate for Disneyland to meet the same fate.

It has been short lived. Many who criticized the removal of TOT with a cheap retheme rolled over once they boarded Mission BO. DCA is still popular, even if you personally are less interested. People also love Pixar Pier. We're not the norm for Disney. Sure, diehard fans would be upset if they ripped out IASW, but it wouldn't affect their numbers. They know people aren't going to suddenly stop going if they remove the ride which is constantly mocked for how long, boring, and annoying it is. Especially if they replace it with BATB or Frozen, they know their attendance will increase. And not just from families, but diehards will still come out to see the new attraction. Its unfortunate, but Disney has learned that they don't need to cater to Disneyland fans. As long as they keep rolling out "new" experiences and things to explore/take pictures in front of, the crowds will continue to come.

Universal learned this long ago. Kongfrontation was a classic iconic ride. As was Back to the Future. I'd much rather have the Special Effects show than Transformers on the Lower Lot at Hollywood. But times change as do crowds. Mark my words, IASW will not last another 50 years.

shortstop

It has been short lived. Many who criticized the removal of TOT with a cheap retheme rolled over once they boarded Mission BO. DCA is still popular, even if you personally are less interested. People also love Pixar Pier. We're not the norm for Disney. Sure, diehard fans would be upset if they ripped out IASW, but it wouldn't affect their numbers. They know people aren't going to suddenly stop going if they remove the ride which is constantly mocked for how long, boring, and annoying it is. Especially if they replace it with BATB or Frozen, they know their attendance will increase. And not just from families, but diehards will still come out to see the new attraction. Its unfortunate, but Disney has learned that they don't need to cater to Disneyland fans. As long as they keep rolling out "new" experiences and things to explore/take pictures in front of, the crowds will continue to come.

Universal learned this long ago. Kongfrontation was a classic iconic ride. As was Back to the Future. I'd much rather have the Special Effects show than Transformers on the Lower Lot at Hollywood. But times change as do crowds. Mark my words, IASW will not last another 50 years.
I respectfully disagree. Small World is not just a classic Disney attraction but is one of the most famous theme park attractions of all time anywhere. 50 years later it’s as beloved and popular as ever. The facade is an iconic work of art. They won’t be getting rid of it anytime soon.

Professortango1

If you step back and pretend that you have never stepped foot inside a Disney theme park, there is a 99% chance you have heard of IASW. It's an American classic, and Disney knows this. First time Disneyland visitors expect at least 3 things: Castle, Dumbo, and Small World. I doubt IASW will ever close.

I often chaperone underprivileged kids. None of them know IASW. They know Star Wars, Castle, and roller coasters.

mharrington

I found this one video from DSNY Newscast, a good web video series on news and potential rumors for Disney parks. In one, they discussed possible new additions to Disneyland's Fantasyland, including a Beauty and the Beast ride like the one coming to Tokyo (as opposed to Frozen stuff):

However, it should be noted that this video was put up two months ago, long before the rumor of the Beauty and the Beast ride replacing other dark rides ever came up (it states that another video pointed out the rumor of it going adjacent to Small World). In addition, the video echoes the statement that the Oriental Land Company is the owner of the Tokyo resort, with Disney only licensing the rights to their properties to OLC. As such, there is no shared budget on attractions being duplicated/new lands as there are anywhere else in the world, even in Paris, as far as replicating attractions in the domestic parks. Further, a Tokyo Disney attraction has never before been duplicated in a stateside park.

The video concludes that the only way a Beauty and the Beast ride would ever come to Disneyland was if Disney funded the ride itself and built it from scratch, which may not be likely given all the other additions, real or rumored, including the Marvel land, the Runaway Railway, and even a revitalization of Tomorrowland.

Like I said, however, the video was put up two months ago, and things may have changed since then. Furthermore, many of the things that have come to Disneyland lately were first mentioned on Screamscape, including the Guardians of the Galaxy overlay of the Tower of Terror and the auction scene in Pirates being overhauled. So it seems like that Screamscape is typically correct in their rumors more often than not.

mickeyfan5534

Really, they should close off all of Tomorrowland and totally redo it with a Fantasyland addition in the motorboat area. Give Space Mountain, Buzz, and the Monorail some loving refurbs, totally redo Tomorrowland in the style of Space Mountain's architecture with attractions to match, BatB, Frozen, and Tangled attractions in the remaining space. Done.

But that's not what's going to happen, is it?

hawkfam

Obviously, we all know these sites/blogs/podcasts are out there trying to drive traffic to themselves. The reason they make comments about specific attractions being added is because they can only discuss what's known so we get rumors like this that seem to be shot down pretty easily.

It's not very interesting to say "I think unknown attraction X that's currently sitting on someone's desk at WDI should go in Fantasyland..." Hence we get people wondering if BatB is coming, or Iron Man Experience, etc.

And then when 5 pages of comments (including mine) pop up on a message board it just confirms that it's an interesting topic and means we'll get another rumor like this down the road.

Stevek

I found this one video from DSNY Newscast, a good web video series on news and potential rumors for Disney parks. In one, they discussed possible new additions to Disneyland's Fantasyland, including a Beauty and the Beast ride like the one coming to Tokyo (as opposed to Frozen stuff):

However, it should be noted that this video was put up two months ago, long before the rumor of the Beauty and the Beast ride replacing other dark rides ever came up (it states that another video pointed out the rumor of it going adjacent to Small World). In addition, the video echoes the statement that the Oriental Land Company is the owner of the Tokyo resort, with Disney only licensing the rights to their properties to OLC. As such, there is no shared budget on attractions being duplicated/new lands as there are anywhere else in the world, even in Paris, as far as replicating attractions in the domestic parks. Further, a Tokyo Disney attraction has never before been duplicated in a stateside park.

The video concludes that the only way a Beauty and the Beast ride would ever come to Disneyland was if Disney funded the ride itself and built it from scratch, which may not be likely given all the other additions, real or rumored, including the Marvel land, the Runaway Railway, and even a revitalization of Tomorrowland.

Like I said, however, the video was put up two months ago, and things may have changed since then. Furthermore, many of the things that have come to Disneyland lately were first mentioned on Screamscape, including the Guardians of the Galaxy overlay of the Tower of Terror and the auction scene in Pirates being overhauled. So it seems like that Screamscape is typically correct in their rumors more often than not.

Another vlogger I can't sit through...the list gets longer every day.

SuddenStorm

Obviously, we all know these sites/blogs/podcasts are out there trying to drive traffic to themselves. The reason they make comments about specific attractions being added is because they can only discuss what's known so we get rumors like this that seem to be shot down pretty easily.

It's not very interesting to say "I think unknown attraction X that's currently sitting on someone's desk at WDI should go in Fantasyland..." Hence we get people wondering if BatB is coming, or Iron Man Experience, etc.

And then when 5 pages of comments (including mine) pop up on a message board it just confirms that it's an interesting topic and means we'll get another rumor like this down the road.

If you don't have relevant, reliable information to present as a "news" site, you shouldn't exist.

lazyboy97o

One of the skills Disney has really lost in the last 20 years is the ability to efficiently utilize space. Disneyland might be too small but even something like Disneyland Paris is now too small as well. Instead we get sprawling messes where too much time is consumed by going from place to place.

I’m confused as to why people are talking about “it’s a small world”. That attraction closed more than a decade ago.

mharrington

By the way, I forgot to mention something else to @GiveMeTheMusic:

Screamscape is not a reliable source for just about anything.

Right now we're dealing with a Parks & Resorts leadership team that is anathema to master planning. Nothing for DLR has been settled on past Marvel and Mickey, but as TP pointed out, Tokyo's BATB ride is gigantic and would not fit into the space they're describing.

I believe that Screamscape has proven correct in terms of rumored stuff coming to Disneyland more often than not, at least in recent years. I think they were the first to mention the Guardians of the Galaxy overlay of the Tower of Terror as well as the overhaul of the auction scene in Pirates. At least, that's where I first read about them.

So who's to say that they won't bring the Beauty and the Beast ride to Disneyland in a far smaller (and thus probably inferior, by our standards) version than Tokyo's, particularly since they would have to do it from scratch anyway? I mean, just look at Disneyland's Pooh ride. It's far inferior to Tokyo's Pooh ride, but it's still there, very, very different than that one. So again, who's to say they won't do it again?

I have a feeling they will probably mention something at D23, particularly since, by then, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge be open. Yes, there is the Marvel land coming to the CA Adventure, but do you really think they won't do something for Disneyland, too?

mickEblu

By the way, I forgot to mention something else to @GiveMeTheMusic:

I believe that Screamscape has proven correct in terms of rumored stuff coming to Disneyland more often than not, at least in recent years. I think they were the first to mention the Guardians of the Galaxy overlay of the Tower of Terror as well as the overhaul of the auction scene in Pirates. At least, that's where I first read about them.

So who's to say that they won't bring the Beauty and the Beast ride to Disneyland in a far smaller (and thus probably inferior, by our standards) version than Tokyo's, particularly since they would have to do it from scratch anyway? I mean, just look at Disneyland's Pooh ride. It's far inferior to Tokyo's Pooh ride, but it's still there, very, very different than that one. So again, who's to say they won't do it again?

I have a feeling they will probably mention something at D23, particularly since, by then, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge be open. Yes, there is the Marvel land coming to the CA Adventure, but do you really think they won't do something for Disneyland, too?

From what it sounds like they re building in Tokyo it wouldn’t just be an inferior version it would be a completely different ride.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom