Backpack or pack?

fauna

I use a mini-bum bag (saying it the British way because it means something else over here :lookaroun) that fits comfortably under T-shirts so it's near invisible. I only carry a few basic things in it, so it beats bringing a back pack. :shrug:

I wish I had a mini-bum.;)

krankenstein

I've carried a regular backpack, a drawstring backpack and one of those one strap-across the body backpack. I prefer the across the body one strap one, but I also like the drawstring b/c it lets your back breath more than the backpack.

Bug715

packs are just so...hideous. I just use a small, purse-type backpack. Easy to carry, easy to get into and easy to shove full of small purchases and various accessories.
-m

I've carried a small purse sized backpack for as long as I can remember. Yes I carried a pack but I was only 5 so I have an excuse!! I used the same Mickey Backpack for 10 years till I had to retire it from using it most days on my CP. I bought the cute quilt like pink backpack they sell now.

I have to admit it my dad used a pack up unil august or october. But once I got him the clip for his water bottle he gave it up! yay!! Mom has some really small purses that she uses if she needs too.

I like having my backpack on rides better than if I had a purse. I just put my leg through the straps. My old bag fit in the pouches but that made me nervouse. I like being able to feel my bag so I know its still with me.

lpet11984

drawstring backpack for me...I start out with everything I need in pockets and fold up the pack, then once through security I open up the pack and throw from the pockets inside. Gets me through security faster and gives me a place to keep everything I'd need during the day.

WDWFigment

Thankfully, I have never been vain, so I don't worry about what anyone else may think of them. As CS Lewis said, some people seem determined to rush ahead in life to the silliest age possible and stay there as long as they can. That stage for me was very short lived. I long ago decided that inconvenience or pain endured for the sake of appearance is a form of neurosis in which I choose to not indulge.

Thank you for the wonderful lesson! :rolleyes:

With this new knowledge I've gleaned, I can still say, packs are for people under 7 years old, or living in the late 1980s (early 90s).

I carry a North Face hydration pack (essentially a small backpack for those unfamiliar with hydra-packs) with the bladder removed. Gives me enough space to store my tripod, hidden mickey book, snack, pins for trading, sunscreen, and other assorted trinkets. With this pack, I manage to avoid physical pain, and the mental pain of wearing a pack. Thereby providing a happy medium where my vanity and comfort can coexist!

abug'saunt

Backpack vs Fannypack

DH used packs our 1st 2 trips and his hydration pack (with bladder) last trip. He prefers the hydration pack. I used a pack my first trip and a backpack the last 2 trips. The thought was the backpack could hold our purchases we made. Until we realized we could have them sent to the resort. :hammer: Then it just became something to use to carry everyone's extra stuff. And I was the one who carried it. By end of last trip, niece had to share her stroller with the backpack.....

DH recently bought me my own hydration pack that I used last week on a field trip with my 7 yr old niece. I have decided that next trip (2009?) I'm using the pack. It's large enough to hold my camera, video camera, iPod, PSP with games/movies, pin lanyard (on rides), cell phone, aspirin, sun screen, chapstick, money, and some snacks plus extra water. Niece used DH's older hydration pack and wants to use it on the next trip and sis wants to get her own.....

Just my 2 cents.

yankspy

Back Pack. I remember my youthful days when I did not need to carry anything. But now I need first aid, medicine, tripod. (hint for the men, do not ever buy a tripod for your wife/girlfriend because you will be the one carrying it).:lol:

NASAMan

Please feel free to use whichever you might find more convenient or what would make your visit more enjoyable. Don't let the accessory bigots on this site dissuade you from using a pack if that is the size that you need and you feel comfortable wearing it. I think how the whole day will pan out, and sometimes the thought of carrying a bag just does not mesh with my plans. My current choice is an over the shoulder pack I picked up at Disneyland with a Mickey Mouse Club emblem on it. I have seen the same pack available at Animal Kingdom, only with the AK logo. You can carry it over the shoulder, wear it bandolier style, or just carry it by it's handle. It will carry my camera, some snacks, and sometimes a rain slicker (the kind you can buy at the park). Above all, do whatever you feel is best, after determining your own needs. Using a pack does not hurt anybody else or physically diminish their park experience. If someone else has so much hate about them, that is their problem to work out. Enjoy your visit!

Jessie&Buzz

I've always used both. We had a stroller every time we've been there so far (except for the honeymoon) so the backpack went in there. It was mostly a diaper bag anyway. I got it on our honeymoon and it has the 25th anniversary logo on it. It's gone back with me every time since. I even use it at home for trips to, gulp, other parks.

I have used a pack too. It was nice to hold all my personal things. Now I have a small purse that goes across me and will most likely use that next trip (whenever that may be). My kids each have packs too. They loved having them for their sun glasses, cameras and autographbook/pen. It was nice having them carry their own things.

I say go with whatever you feel comfortable with. I know I wouldn't be comfortable wearing a backpack all day. It would be too hot for me to wear it and my back would start bothering me after a while.

klacker50

Bum-bag or small rucksack works well for me.

Over here refers to a part of the female anatomy (to put it nicely) so we don't often refer to them as packs. :lookaroun

enough

definitely a backpack - wouldn't be caught dead with a pack. IMO those things are the worst invention ever.

wdwmomof3

I have always used a pack because it has just been so darn easy, but I think I will burn it after reading this thread. :lol: I just may have to try a small backpack next time.

*goes to find a match*

Maybe this is an age thing with all the people so against packs. I have a small black one with the Disney icon heads all over it. I usually start off strapping it around my waist (but not tight), but if my back hurts later in the day, I just wear it over one shoulder and rest my arm inside the strap. This really works great. A backpack is always so cumbersome when you are riding the roller coasters or wet rides. And my son is now 14 so I carry only the necessities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom