Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

lazyboy97o

several streaming service allow other service to have a linked subscription. Similarly Roku has deals with several streaming services to allow their app to appear in the their menu. In regards to Apple TV they also have deals with other streaming services so that their app appears on their system, you still need to buy a subscription for Disney+ and then you access it thru apple TV.
The way i understand it AppleTv, Amazon, google, roku, firestick they all act as distributors of the studios streaming systems by carrying their apps. The studios do not have to share revenue for movies that are purchase within their streaming system.

I could see the studios and apple sharing a percentage of any subscription fee that is done thru apple system but i have a feeling that it is just a contract that is set for several years.
All apps on iOS, iPadOS and tvOS have to use Apple’s payment system (this is why Fortnite was removed and Epic Games is awaiting the ruling from a lawsuit of the requirement) with Apple receiving a default 30% cut of the transaction. There are different deals offered for subscription services and Apple does make special deals for a lower cut with big names as they famously did with Amazon. Apps are also prohibited from linking to or mentioning that a digital good can be purchased elsewhere such as a website (also part of the Epic Games lawsuit).

Google, Amazon and Roku all have somewhat similar systems in place to get a cut of revenue. Roku also does a lot of tracking to sell ads.

Tamandua

Stumbled across this Tweet and I was quite surprised to see hardcore Marvel fans in the comments agreeing with it. I don’t think most people feel this way, but it’s still interesting to see pushback from their core demographic.
View attachment 572628
I think there's a decent number of people out there like me that saw Endgame as the end of the story, and saw that coming a few years out, and had the goal in mind to keep up with the series until then, but after that... Whatever. I only saw captain marvel because I was so invested in the series and wanted to see it until the end of the story, but now that that phase is over, I just don't have the same resolve to follow the series. I can't commit to just keeping up with it indefinitely. There needs to be a reasonable end goal, otherwise it's just a big tv show that will likely go on too long.

TragicMike

Stumbled across this Tweet and I was quite surprised to see hardcore Marvel fans in the comments agreeing with it. I don’t think most people feel this way, but it’s still interesting to see pushback from their core demographic.
View attachment 572628
Surprised you stumbled upon it considering that tweet only has 5 retweets and 28 likes (conveniently cropped out in your image)...and the only fan that responded to him was upset he didn't get more material for his gay Ironman x Captain America fanfic (I'm being 100% serious, go look up the tweet if you don't believe me.) Far cry from "hardcore Marvel fans agreeing with him in the comments."

Look dude, there's nothing wrong in losing interest in the MCU. Just like there's nothing wrong with Marvel fans being excited for future possible storylines such as Secret Wars, Marvel Zombies, House of M, Thunderbolts, etc. You don't have to create these false narratives that hardcore Marvel fans are fatigued by the MCU, I'm sure some of them are but you don't need to highlight them to validate your opinion.

SamusAranX

what direction is that?
I think going multiverse is a bit of a mistake. Combine that with the amount of material coming out, it’s getting harder and harder for the casual fan to keep up and tie it all together.

Keep in mind, the casual, not the hardcore, fans are the bread and butter. The TV streaming shows have been decent with some fantastic moments, but until Loki E6 you didn’t need to see them to understand the films. It enhanced enjoyment, but does it need to be integral, required viewing ? Well, now Loki is required viewing if you hope to understand the concepts of at least four upcoming films, and so is the ending of Wandavision (those four films are the minimum that they tie into, if the Multiverse is truly the next “Endgame” then other movies will no doubt tie in to more and more of the shows). You may need to view all related movies for even new IP entries (rumor is Fantastic 4 and X-men will be brought in using the multiverse). The very nature of the multiverse itself has potential to be a minefield of confusion, even for me. Time travel and alternate dimensions to me are ok in small doses, but keeping track of the details of what timeline begets who and what may strain the casuals. Those as plot devices are inherently confusing if used too much.

Now, combine that with just the sheer amount of content. We had three shows this year with two more on the way this year alone. Partially do to Covid, Marvel has four tent pole movies (!) in six months dropping (sheesh). One has a cast of 6+ heroes to learn and identify with. So in one year, if you have hopes of not being lost in MCU future stories, that’s 9 required viewings, some 6+ hours each. Pre-Endgame 2/3 movies a year was the rule of thumb. 2022 alone is giving us eight properties to view.

I don’t agree that this is the downfall of the MCU necessarily, and I don’t speak for everyone. But I myself am getting a bit fatigued and I’m worried about all the juggling plot lines, b-tier characters to keep up with, multiverse shenanigans, and so on. Add to that some still unresolved plot lines from Endgame and Far From Home. We have rumors of Secret Wars, Skrulls, Thunderbolts / Dark Avengers. If X-men come in that’s literally a whole new universe of stories and plots.

Is the MCU going to implode? Who knows. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it doesn’t, but I also think that there may be some diminishing returns on certain films and shows.

Last edited:

SamusAranX

I only got into Marvel because of the recent more complicated plots. I liked WandaVision and Loki better than nearly any of the non-Avengers movie. Tried years ago and every movie felt the same.

Also, I had no problem watching Endgame without watching Civil War or half the other movies, not any problem watching WandaVision without watching a single Marvel movie from the past decade first.

They’re super hero movies…. They’re still not that complicated.
You kind of proved my point for me. While the Endgame arc tied together, the films had enough to stand on their own and were written well enough to where you really just needed to view a few movies of the whole to get an understanding of IW/Endgame. I missed Dr Strange and Ant Man 2 and didn’t miss a beat. You also have to remember that again, pre-Endgame, it was an average of 2 or 3 movies a year. Again, you may like complicated webs, but many many casual fans who have never picked up a comic book in their life don’t.

That’s a stark difference from 4 movies and 5 TV shows in 12 months. I just don’t want Marvel to bite off more then it chew. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Last edited:

TragicMike

I don't think they're going to be that complicated; parallel universes have been a staple sci-fi trope for awhile now. I expect the multiverse stories are going to be typical origin stories with maybe an after-credit scene to tie them into the MCU. Worst case, the audience has to understand that funny Sherlock Holmes Wizard-Man can bring in people from alternate universes.

fctiger

The MCU has been doing some very crazy things for a decade now and no one has blinked. And yes both time travel and parallel universes are both very common in both sci fi and comic book stories. In fact comic books were actually the first to introduce the idea of parallel universes in popular culture in the sixties starting with The Flash. And DC TV universe has been doing this for literally years now and introduced the famous story line from those comics with Crisis on Infinite Earths which crossed multiple DC shows over a year ago. In actuality, Marvel is late in the game finally presenting theirs on the big or small screen.

So none of this is new, especially for all the hardcore comic fans out there. What's crazy is it looks like both DC and Marvel are going to be exploring their parallel universes from this point on. Marvel with Loki, Doctor Strange and supposedly Spider Man. And with DC it's the Flash movie that will be jumping across different universes and bringing in multiple actors back from different movies, most notably the past Batman movies.

For real comic book fans, this is all stuff they been waiting for decades now. To see these shows and movies live and breath the way comics been doing it for a long time now. People were just excited to see their favorite heroes finally showing up together on the big screen. Now they can see multiple versions of those heroes together in some truly bizarre situations. It's a fun time for comic book fans, but its been a lot of fun for the last decade or so.

Robbiem

I have to say as a casual marvel viewer I haven’t really enjoyed any of the disney plus series. They all need you to know a lot more about the movies plots than I do (I caught the movies in random order on tv over the years and then finally watched through them all on disney plus over lockdown).

The only Marvel series I really enjoyed on disney plus was agent carter, I would like to have seen more of it but then i love that film noir 40s genre

Im hoping that we get some future series that are just fun to watch without having to connect up to the smallest details in a movie or that just stand alone

MarvelCharacterNerd

I have to say as a casual marvel viewer I haven’t really enjoyed any of the disney plus series. They all need you to know a lot more about the movies plots than I do (I caught the movies in random order on tv over the years and then finally watched through them all on disney plus over lockdown).

The only Marvel series I really enjoyed on disney plus was agent carter, I would like to have seen more of it but then i love that film noir 40s genre

Im hoping that we get some future series that are just fun to watch without having to connect up to the smallest details in a movie or that just stand alone
If you can stand a pretty strong violence content, I'd highly recommend some of the Marvel Netflix series - especially Daredevil, Luke Cage and The Punisher.

They eventually all connect with each other if you want to watch them all (there are other series as well), but not really much to the MCU besides the occasional reference here and there, and there is some brilliant acting and writing and I think they solidly stand as individual series that you could watch just one and enjoy it. But if you like one, try some of the others, too. Really good stuff. :) But a lot of pretty graphic violence in the fight scenes, fair warning.

Robbiem

If you can stand a pretty strong violence content, I'd highly recommend some of the Marvel Netflix series - especially Daredevil, Luke Cage and The Punisher.

They eventually all connect with each other if you want to watch them all (there are other series as well), but not really much to the MCU besides the occasional reference here and there, and there is some brilliant acting and writing and I think they solidly stand as individual series that you could watch just one and enjoy it. But if you like one, try some of the others, too. Really good stuff. :) But a lot of pretty graphic violence in the fight scenes, fair warning.

Thanks. They sound much more my thing. I’ve found some good shows on Disney plus (especially now we get star tv) just not, for me anyway,the new marvel content. I’m hoping one of the new shows will be more stand alone and just fun as it would be really good to just switch off and enjoy the show rather than have to work out what it’s about 😀✌️

D.Silentu

I don't think they're going to be that complicated; parallel universes have been a staple sci-fi trope for awhile now.
I'm just concerned that it will give the series carte blanche to do whatever they please as continuity is tossed to the wind. Loki already showed us how important the Infinity Stones actually were.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think going multiverse is a bit of a mistake. Combine that with the amount of material coming out, it’s getting harder and harder for the casual fan to keep up and tie it all together.

Keep in mind, the casual, not the hardcore, fans are the bread and butter. The TV streaming shows have been decent with some fantastic moments, but until Loki E6 you didn’t need to see them to understand the films. It enhanced enjoyment, but does it need to be integral, required viewing ? Well, now Loki is required viewing if you hope to understand the concepts of at least four upcoming films, and so is the ending of Wandavision (those four films are the minimum that they tie into, if the Multiverse is truly the next “Endgame” then other movies will no doubt tie in to more and more of the shows). You may need to view all related movies for even new IP entries (rumor is Fantastic 4 and X-men will be brought in using the multiverse). The very nature of the multiverse itself has potential to be a minefield of confusion, even for me. Time travel and alternate dimensions to me are ok in small doses, but keeping track of the details of what timeline begets who and what may strain the casuals. Those as plot devices are inherently confusing if used too much.

Now, combine that with just the sheer amount of content. We had three shows this year with two more on the way this year alone. Partially do to Covid, Marvel has four tent pole movies (!) in six months dropping (sheesh). One has a cast of 6+ heroes to learn and identify with. So in one year, if you have hopes of not being lost in MCU future stories, that’s 9 required viewings, some 6+ hours each. Pre-Endgame 2/3 movies a year was the rule of thumb. 2022 alone is giving us eight properties to view.

I don’t agree that this is the downfall of the MCU necessarily, and I don’t speak for everyone. But I myself am getting a bit fatigued and I’m worried about all the juggling plot lines, b-tier characters to keep up with, multiverse shenanigans, and so on. Add to that some still unresolved plot lines from Endgame and Far From Home. We have rumors of Secret Wars, Skrulls, Thunderbolts / Dark Avengers. If X-men come in that’s literally a whole new universe of stories and plots.

Is the MCU going to implode? Who knows. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it doesn’t, but I also think that there may be some diminishing returns on certain films and shows.
Not that its a perfect example, but the DC Arrowvese shows in 2019 had a multi-show cross-over event that involved the multi-verse, and it was some of their highest watched episodes. I think the casual fan will be just fine.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Thanks. They sound much more my thing. I’ve found some good shows on Disney plus (especially now we get star tv) just not, for me anyway,the new marvel content. I’m hoping one of the new shows will be more stand alone and just fun as it would be really good to just switch off and enjoy the show rather than have to work out what it’s about 😀✌️
Then I definitely recommend you check out some of the Marvel Netflix shows! They do interconnect occasionally as the characters live locally to each other, so I recommend watching them in chronological order - if only to avoid the occasional spoiler between series. But they are very grounded in the present day and real world even if they have some extraordinarily tough/hard-to-kill lead characters.

My personal faves as noted were Daredevil, Luke Cage and Punisher. But I know most other folks also loved Jessica Jones (I didn't - for a lot of addiction content and I just found her basically unlikable) and most folks generally hated Iron Fist (I thought it had a few moments of potential but is definitely the easiest to skip). And the series came together in a group mini-series called The Defenders which as I recall was okay. But Daredevil, Luke Cage and Punisher are just top-quality acting in well-written gritty dramas IMO. They're a darker, more adult side of Marvel that stands separate from the MCU.

Airing order was:

Daredevil s1
Jessica Jones s1
Daredevil s2
Luke Cage s1
Iron Fist s1
The Defenders
Punisher s1
Jessica Jones s2
Luke Cage s2
Iron Fist s2
Daredevil s3
Punisher s2
Jessica Jones s3

So I'd just say start with Daredevil season one and if it grabs you, keep going and take a taste of the different series and see which ones call you (but if you want to skip Iron Fist, you're not missing much lol).

smooch

Yes it's true that a multiverse will be a lot to keep up with but even with Infinity War / End Game if you just dropped into those movies and maybe a few before there would still be a lot you wouldn't be aware of. I have a strong feeling Marvel / Kevin Feige know what they're doing and will have the movies help explain what's happening to help people keep track. We only just got confirmation of the multiverse, we don't know how Marvel is actually going to implement it and alternate timelines in their media yet. Personally I'm very excited for all the cosmic / magic comic book stuff we're about to get to see in the movies and shows, I haven't read any of the comics but have vague understandings of the stories relating to these things, so I think it opens a lot of doors and Marvel knows they need to keep their movies accessible to casual fans to make their money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom