Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Agreed but more … Disney+ money actually means more specifically to Disney because it’s 100% their money, rather than splitting box office dollars with the theaters.

and Disney keeps every cent of those $60million from Disney+

I have a feeling that the streaming premier+ might continue with some future movies
Depending how you purchase, they could be giving as much as 30% to Google or Apple, both for your subscription and for Premiere Access

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Depending how you purchase, they could be giving as much as 30% to Google or Apple, both for your subscription and for Premiere Access
Premier Access can't be purchased through Google or Apple, you have to purchase it directly on the D+ site.

Its only the D+ subscription that you can purchased through Google or Apple.

So all that Premier Access money goes directly to Disney.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Premier Access can't be purchased through Google or Apple, you have to purchase it directly on the D+ site.

Its only the D+ subscription that you can purchased through Google or Apple.

So all that Premier Access money goes directly to Disney.
I purchased directly in the Apple TV Disney+ app this week.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It might be specific devices are allowed and depends on the integration as the D+ iPhone app redirects me to the D+ site. And I try with every new Premier Access film to see if they updated the app.

So I can’t say how the AppleTV has D+ integrated as I hardly ever use it. I’ll have to check it out to see if they have it integrated differently or if it actually redirects the request to the D+ site behind the scenes.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So I just tried using Apple TV on my Firestick and BW is not listed. In fact D+ is not even listed as one of the available channels on Apple TV. And when I do find a Disney movie it says it must be purchased through iTunes on an Apple device, which BW is clearly not on iTunes.

So I don’t know how you did it, guess you got lucky.

lazyboy97o

So I just tried using Apple TV on my Firestick and BW is not listed. In fact D+ is not even listed as one of the available channels on Apple TV. And when I do find a Disney movie it says it must be purchased through iTunes on an Apple device, which BW is clearly not on iTunes.

So I don’t know how you did it, guess you got lucky.
I think you’re talking about two different things. The AppleTV app is what you are using, not the AppleTV streaming box which has a dedicated Disney+ app.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Why don’t you want to see the Ten Rings movie???? 🥺
Shang-Chi is the film I'm most interested in seeing this year (okay, maybe the Venom/Carnage movie I'm even a little more eager for). But I've already seen the trailer online. I don't need to sit in a theater and watch a bunch of ads and then a bunch of bad trailers with one good one I've already seen thrown into the mix. lol

But I wish I had the option to see that film at home like I did with Black Widow. And I simply have a several year old tv with no sound system/home theater. I just personally find the theatrical experience... unpleasant... with people being generally disrespectful of others. Maybe if I could afford to rent out a theater and watch a film without a crowd, but yeah, I don't have that kind of money. :D

the_rich

Shang-Chi is the film I'm most interested in seeing this year (okay, maybe the Venom/Carnage movie I'm even a little more eager for). But I've already seen the trailer online. I don't need to sit in a theater and watch a bunch of ads and then a bunch of bad trailers with one good one I've already seen thrown into the mix. lol

But I wish I had the option to see that film at home like I did with Black Widow. And I simply have a several year old tv with no sound system/home theater. I just personally find the theatrical experience... unpleasant... with people being generally disrespectful of others. Maybe if I could afford to rent out a theater and watch a film without a crowd, but yeah, I don't have that kind of money. :D
For a while u could..99 for an old movie and 399n for a new release. All the amc theaters were doing it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thank you, I partially stand corrected.

As I suspected its based on device, not just a clear across the board split for all purchases on Google and Apple platforms as you originally indicated. So it all depends on HOW and WHICH device you are using D+ to purchase on. So if you want to get more technical Disney probably takes close to 80-95% (depending on the breakdown of user devices used to purchase) of the overall Premier Access money, rather than the normal 50% cut with theaters. Either way its still a bigger pay day for Disney compared to just a theater release.

the_rich

I was convinced Marvel wouldn't be able to set up a new threat that was as intriguing as Thanos, but this is looking pretty good. I really can't say it has me excited for Shang-Chi, Thor 4, or Black Panther 2, and has honestly made me care less about The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Black Widow, but I'm really interested in seeing Etenerals, Dr. Strange 2, and Ant-Man 3. The bigger and weirder the MCU gets, the more excited I am for what's to come.

Shame they can't make the theme parks based on the MCU half as good.
It opens up so many possibilities. And the actors performance stole the show. Im actually suprised they did this. Didn't think they would introduce something this big in a show. But I'm happy they did.

Tamandua

Slightly related, but I wish the MCU had a better Spider-Man. Tobey Maguire may not be perfect, but the Raimi trilogy give me everything I want in a Spider-Man movie. The only thing the MCU delivers are quips for Spider-Man and he looks young, but everybody in the MCU quips so it's really not that big of a deal. Give me a Peter Parker who actually makes his own equipment instead of having it handed to him by a billionaire, a Spider-Man who swings through downtown Manhattan, a redheaded MJ, a best friend who's Harry Osborn, etc. etc. Even the Raimi suit is lightyears better than the MCU one.

Anyway, now someone can tell me "well, um, ackshually, in the comics, Spider-Man does-" I don't care. I know what I want from Spider-Man and the MCU just hasn't given it to me, though given the rumors for the third movie, maybe I'll get what I've wanted after all.

Oh, also, spoilers for Loki.

Why did they introduce the multiverse in Far from Home, then take it back and say it wasn't the multiverse, and now they're introducing the multiverse? Dumb.
Spider-Man 2 was possibly the best superhero movie to date.

Tamandua

Sometime too much….My biggest complaint about Black Widow is they sometimes felt the need to force humor in what could otherwise have been a very impactful tense dramatic moment
They're always making jokes when they're about to die or dying. When Quicksilver made that joke in Age of Ultron after getting shot up, just before collapsing and dying, I was like "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA freaking hilarious!"

Now someone can come comment about how the juxtaposition of humor with tragedy makes it more impactful or something like that... But you have to be more subtle for that to work. That sounds like something a psuedointellectual like Josh Whedon would do to feel like his movie about flamboyant costumed acrobats is smarter than it is.

BubbaisSleep

The Loki finale was great, and it definitely shows that the MCU has great stories left to tell. I agree about the MCU having too many jokes though. In some movies, it feels like someone went through the script and gave notes on where to insert jokes, as they often feel so forced and do a lot to distract from the movies.
Reminds me of a particular joke about sterilizing in Black Widow that wasn't needed.

The Loki finale left us fans with something grand to talk about. If I wasn't already hyped for Sam Raimi's Dr. Strange 2, I'm beyond excited now. Especially now it's confirmed Loki will be joining the cast along with Scarlet Witch.

TragicMike

Loved the finale for Loki, opens up the possibility for very weird MCU stories. Not to mention there's still established popular characters like The Fantastic 4, Dr Doom, the X-Men, Magneto, Blade, Deadpool and (depending how the Sony/Marvel negotiations look like in the future) Miles Morales to introduce before even getting into the crazy plots they can play with. Anyone who anticipated the MCU's demise is in for a rough couple of years.

Ismael Flores

several streaming service allow other service to have a linked subscription. Similarly Roku has deals with several streaming services to allow their app to appear in the their menu. In regards to Apple TV they also have deals with other streaming services so that their app appears on their system, you still need to buy a subscription for Disney+ and then you access it thru apple TV.
The way i understand it AppleTv, Amazon, google, roku, firestick they all act as distributors of the studios streaming systems by carrying their apps. The studios do not have to share revenue for movies that are purchase within their streaming system.

I could see the studios and apple sharing a percentage of any subscription fee that is done thru apple system but i have a feeling that it is just a contract that is set for several years.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom