Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

CaptinEO

So how's that Spiderman ride doing? I don't hear anyone talking about it or saying "You've got to get to Disneyland to ride the new Spiderman ride!" My sense is that it's not nearly as bad as Rocket Rods or that above ground Submarine ride Sea World tried a few years ago, but it's nothing that has SoCal talking and is rather easy to forget about.

Is that it for Marvel Land? A D Ticket ride no one really talks about, and a rethemed shortcut from the Food Festival booths to Mission: Breakout?

What am I missing? Zzz.... :bored:
It will get phase two just like Beastly Kingdom, Cars Land, and Galaxy's Edge.

mickEblu

So how's that Spiderman ride doing? I don't hear anyone talking about it or saying "You've got to get to Disneyland to ride the new Spiderman ride!" My sense is that it's not nearly as bad as Rocket Rods or that above ground Submarine ride Sea World tried a few years ago, but it's nothing that has SoCal talking and is rather easy to forget about.

Is that it for Marvel Land? A D Ticket ride no one really talks about, and a rethemed shortcut from the Food Festival booths to Mission: Breakout?

What am I missing? Zzz.... :bored:

Lol @ rethemed shortcut

denyuntilcaught

In response to the lawsuit, Disney stated that "The lawsuit is especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the COVID-19 pandemic." That may be a new level of disingenuous BS from this company.
I mean, is it? The critiques of Black Widow being the lowest-grossing MCU film always makes me react with a visceral "duh" given the fact that the world is still nowhere near next to normal. The title doesn't deserve an apples-to-apples box office comparison to the rest of the catalog.

And no, "woke marketing" isn't the reason for it's depressed results.

Tamandua

I mean, is it? The critiques of Black Widow being the lowest-grossing MCU film always makes me react with a visceral "duh" given the fact that the world is still nowhere near next to normal. The title doesn't deserve an apples-to-apples box office comparison to the rest of the catalog.

I'm just saying that it's laughable that Disney is offended by Scarlett Johansson's supposed disregard for the pandemic. That's pathetic deflection from the facts of the suit.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

Woke marketing like this?

CaptinEO

In response to the lawsuit, Disney stated that "The lawsuit is especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the COVID-19 pandemic." That may be a new level of disingenuous BS from this company.
What bonehead in Disney PR thought it was wise to publicly attack a popular actress? Reminds me of when they revoked LA Times media pass all those years ago and how it backfired on them.

Disney is so hot headed they think the public is on their side (they aren't). What's next? Is Disney PR going to go after The Rock?

MoonRakerSCM

The problem with Taskmaster was that she was a HORRIBLE character. You can mix things up and still make a great character, but they did not do that. They made a horribly bland, boring, and downright useless character while milking fan expectations of the name. As with other things these days, the writers probably thought that simply making her a female was enough to put viewers in awe... and they were blind to how badly they wrote the character.

What we got was a mixture of the Mandarin and Deadpool from Wolverine...

denyuntilcaught

Yeah that's not woke marketing, that's just keeping up with society.

jpinkc

Captain Marvel is way more unlikable but that movie performed much, much better.
Yeah I dont care for Captain Marvel much either. Shes a second banana hero. Brie Larson the only thing I ever liked her in was Skull Island. I like the first Wonder Woman more than Cpt Marvel. Now Black Widow was not great, it is on par with WW 1984, the only thing I would rate it over Black Widow for is the Linda Carter cameo. Thats the real Wonder Woman lol guess I am showing my age a bit there :D

MagicWDI

Johansson isn't sueing because the film did poorly. She is sueing because apparently Disney must have made enough money on the Disney+ side for her to want some of the share, presumably a similar share to what she had agreed upon from the Box Office intake.

She must have some knowledge of those numbers and they must've been decent enough for her to throw the flag and say WTH. This is all assumptions on my part. I'm just saying if it was on the low end why would you bother pursuing a small take against legal fees, time, and energy?

Robbiem

Yeah I dont care for Captain Marvel much either. Shes a second banana hero. Brie Larson the only thing I ever liked her in was Skull Island. I like the first Wonder Woman more than Cpt Marvel. Now Black Widow was not great, it is on par with WW 1984, the only thing I would rate it over Black Widow for is the Linda Carter cameo. Thats the real Wonder Woman lol guess I am showing my age a bit there :D
Fighting for your rights in her satin tights Best superhero theme song after 60s Batman 😂✌️

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The problem with Taskmaster was that she was a HORRIBLE character. You can mix things up and still make a great character, but they did not do that. They made a horribly bland, boring, and downright useless character while milking fan expectations of the name. As with other things these days, the writers probably thought that simply making her a female was enough to put viewers in awe... and they were blind to how badly they wrote the character.

What we got was a mixture of the Mandarin and Deadpool from Wolverine...
Task Master wasn't even a character I would argue.

Beatitude

Regarding the ScarJo suit, I subscribe to an entertainment industry newsletter that nicely summed things up. As many have suggested, increases to the Disney+ subscriber base (and it's long-term revenue stream) drive Disney stock price higher than shorter-term theatrical box office results/revenue. And it's not a particularly surprising decision when you realize Chapek's compensation is tied to the company's performance on Wall Street. On the Black Widow day-and-date release announcement, Disney stock jumped 4%. Johansson apparently has a strong case, as she has documented assurance from Disney/Marvel that the film would have a "typical wide release... like their (Marvel) other pictures" and would receive very large back-end compensation tied to it's expected highly lucrative box office performance.

Not an insignificant factor: Kevin Feige is said to be angry and embarrassed by Disney's actions and behavior regarding this lawsuit. Unlike Disney, Warner Brothers proactively restructured the compensation packages of their onscreen talent to "make them whole" once they decided to employ a similar simultaneous multiple-platform film release strategy that would cannibalize theatrical box-office revenue. Word is that Emma Stone is considering legal action regarding the similar release strategy for Cruella, and that Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt will likely end up doing the same based on the expected diminished theatrical performance of Jungle Cruise. Given all the damage being done by Disney's highly-publicized actions to these extremely important/valuable assets and stakeholders, they (Disney) are expected to settle the suit rather quickly. Then again, we're talking about Chapek, so who knows?

Supreme Leader

giphy.gif

Scarjo after filing her lawsuit and seeing others follow suit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom