Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Deepfakes have proven successful. It's not only cheaper but also more believable than CGI in most instances. The copy and paste of Rod Sterling is still Disney's gold standard. They could do it.
Did you happen to watch the D+ docu about the last episode of the mandalorian?…I learned a ton about deep fake on that…it was great

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That tech is going to have to come down a little bit in order for it to not be as costly for a theme park ride, their budgets are not as high as movies. More than likely they would just get a sound alike impersonator and have the character in costume.
They overspend on everything now. They could do cgi for rides of high quality…just have to trim the fat on rockwork or props in line a bit.

celluloid

Deepfakes have proven successful. It's not only cheaper but also more believable than CGI in most instances. The copy and paste of Rod Sterling is still Disney's gold standard. They could do it.

Some points I would like add.

I don't disagree, they could, my point was Disney does not like to spend that much, on anything anymore.

It is Rod Serling, not Rod Sterling. Common mistake but as a fan of his I try to correct it when I see it.

It is not that they can't do it, it is that they won't do it based on current trends for theme park spending. The tech has already been used over at Universal for a theme park attraction.

Also. Just for clarification, the Rod Serling Copy and Paste that you speak of was not putting his face somewhere. It was taking the background from an actual episode intro of The Twilight Zone and changing it. Impressive, especially for the time, but not the same. That is a clip and the sound alike is dubbed over and they cut when the mouth syllable would no longer work and it cuts to the close up of the elevator doors. Creativity over budget on top of all of that, that still works better than a deep fake.

Everything about the early 90s of Disney is the gold standard we wish we could get today. That is why we are getting a replacement for Splash Mountain's theme, rather than a new ride of that caliber and rarely get a new building with a new non cloned attraction.

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

For reference, there already is a tribute to Chadwick Boseman at Avengers Campus that happens multiple times per day -

The Warriors of Wakanda show begins with Okoye asking the crowd to take a moment of silence to remember those who have passed. I don't remember if the exact wording is "the kings and queens" or "the warriors" or "the ancestors", but it's something along those lines and it's a beautiful way to keep him front and center in our memories and hearts. It reminds me of paying tribute to veterans at Flag Retreat at Disneyland. It's a moment of respect. And I love that they do that.

CM.X777

Original Poster
Disney would be foolish to not build an avengers attraction. Though it's a matter of the theme and where it would take place. For what it's worth, Jim Hill said the ride was on hold due to Chadwick Boseman's death as the ride would have been heavily Wakanda focused. I am more curious to see what other places they could choose from in the MCU. Maybe Asgard as it would more than likely be set in an alternate timeline where Ragnarok did not happen. Any other thoughts on the theme and where it would take place?
Boseman's death was just a factor, the number 1 thing with a bullet that kill this ride was COVID.

He can still be in the ride.

CGI has proven that it easily bring people back from the dead for movies.

The Avengers E-ticket is going to be a screen-based ride so If Paul Walker and Carrie Fisher can still be in movies after their deaths there is no reason why Chadwick Boseman couldn't be in a new ride.

Boseman's estate would have to agree to that, they are not going to do that.

G.L.A.D.I.O

We'll never see Robert Downey Jr face nor his own voice in any Disney park/show/ride/Cruise as Iron Man and that didn't stop them from bringing Iron Man in those...

Jim Hill is an old senile man who certainly had some sources back in the early 2000's but not anymore. The only thing he's doing now is digging into his archives and making up stories about what might happen based on things we've all seen. Anything he says, we could have made up ourselves. He's frustrated that he doesn't know anything anymore and he fills that void with bull . For example he explained when the WDS park expansion in Paris was announced that this version of Galaxy's edge would be much bigger than in California, not even two months after the official planning permission showed otherwise. For Avengers C.A.M.P.U.S, he was still talking about a ride with the pendulum system when the poster presented at the same time already showed a WEB SLINGERS vehicle...

Last edited:

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Boseman's death was just a factor, the number 1 thing with a bullet that kill this ride was COVID.

Boseman's estate would have to agree to that, they are not going to do that.
How possible the ride system for this proposed Avengers ride could be revived for another attraction? And if they did put another Marvel ride in that spot what could they do? or will the space become home to another land? I do think at some point in the future it will become home to a theme park attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom