Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Supreme Leader

If they didn't erase the awful prequel trilogy from existence then I doubt they'd erase the films they just put out. The ST is here to stay regardless of what clickbait Youtubers say lol

As for Avengers Campus, I'm really not sold on the whole land. I guess I just don't care. The Spider man ride sounds lame and I wish they went a head with the Avengers ride. It's an Avengers land with no Avengers in it. I also would've gone ahead and rethemed Mission Breakout to a Captain America and Black Widow attraction. Using Winter Soldier film as inspo. Make the old TOT building better fit the aesthetic's for both Hollywood land and Avenger's Campus.

Last edited:

truecoat

If they didn't erase the awful prequel trilogy from existence then I doubt they'd erase the films they just put out. The ST is here to say regardless of what clickbait Youtubers say lol

And yet when they release figures for the 50th anniversary of Lucasfilm, nary a ST figure shows up. Jar Jar, Battle Droid, Mace Windu are all there but no Rey? Greedo and Jawa for the umpteenth time but no Finn?

D.Silentu

I just find his character really engaging. In the Force Awakens he is this petulant child who desperately wants to be feared and obeyed, but his own insecurities and humanity is holding him back from being the man he thinks he wants to be. Then Johnson gave us an incredible backstory to the character and why he rejected his family and all that was good due to this betrayal. He has so much pain and anger and he can't process it. His speech in Last Jedi where he's trying to convince Rey to join him is great...I feel like Kylo Ren is what they were only able to attempt melodramatically with Anakin in the prequels
You have summed up well why I am also a big fan of Kylo Ren. Looking at most of the creative decisions they made in the sequel trilogy, it would have been so plausible for them to have instead included a simple Darth Vader surrogate . If I may, I'd like to add my personal theory: I think Kylo Ren might be the filmmakers critique of die hard Star Wars fans.
If they didn't erase the awful prequel trilogy from existence then I doubt they'd erase the films they just put out.
The terms of sale with Lucas don't give Disney that kind of control over the movies he made.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I too like Kylo and even a bit his arc with Rey.

My inner teen happily shipped Reylo, but on further inspection she watched him commit patricide and genocide... then happily made out with him two films later.

Hormones?

mickEblu

How many times have you been on this ride? ;-)

Haha. You know what I mean. It’s a slow moving boat ride with an emphasis on the atmosphere. So a drop that you can actually kind of feel in your stomach is appreciated as just a great bonus and really rounds out the experience. As opposed to a Star Wars ride that you expect to be more physically thrilling but doesn’t deliver.

J4546

the new cast building in cars land looks great for what it is, should hide the showbuilding for whatever comes to Avengers Campus phase 2 very well.

J4546

it looks to me like theres enough separation between cars to avengers campus that the transition should be pretty smooth and cool. Same with the main entrance of the hub. The entrance from GotG should be pretty grand as well. Cant wait for this land to open and things to be back to semi-normal

mickEblu

Is anyone else appreciating the parks in a whole new way now? I saw a vlog of Cars Land and after a year away from the parks it looks glorious. I’ve always appreciated Cars Land aesthetically. My one knock on the land was that it doesn’t keep me there for whatever reason. I don’t hang out there. I spend more time in Pixar Pier than Cars Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom