Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

George Lucas on a Bench

It just wasn’t the Second Coming it was made out to be. Sum feels like it’s less than all it’s parts.

Many Disney fans are extremely easy to please. Some guy was just so impressed by the caves in line that I actually felt bad, and I never feel bad. ROTR is not known for the quality of the ride and technical advancements (The ride just glides slowly down empty hallways most of the time--It's not even technically impressive), it's known for people waiting on their phones for the park to open so they could try to ride it. It's ridiculous. But there are people who will defend even this if you dare to question it.

Just accept that ROTR is the greatest most immersive Disney attraction ever.

SuddenStorm

It just wasn’t the Second Coming it was made out to be. Sum feels like it’s less than all it’s parts.

I'll never forget riding it during the unannounced cast previews, where we entered in from backstage, had to seal our phones, etc.

I waited less then 15 minutes to ride it. And when I got off, they were still loading it so I could have gone again. But instead, I walked back around and decided I'd rather do a different ride. Fun, but very 'meh' especially since I'm not a fan of sequel era Star Wars.

fctiger

I mean, Avengers Campus already contains arguably the most thrilling ride in the resort. I'm not sure why it is being discounted. So outside of getting rid of it, an in between Flight of Passage-like ride makes way more sense.

I kind of see the point with Star Wars... in actual Galaxy's Edge. But Star Tours hasn't gone away yet and Hyperspace is kicking around half the time. Both franchises have plenty of thrill rides.

Worldwide Iron Man is taking over a coaster, Guardians is getting a coaster, Iron Man got Star Tours. 🤷‍♂️

LOL that's actually a fair point. I wasn't even thinking about Star Tours or MB (even when I cited it in that post). And I have rode Iron Man as well! I was only focused on the new stuff coming. But yes ST is definitely considered a thrill ride. In fact when it first opened it was TOO much of a thrill ride where they had to lower the bumpiness in it because people complained it was too rough. And one of the things I love about MB is that it's a thrill ride in every crazy way. They took what they did with TOT and cranked it up to a hundred. That's why I think it's so popular, it's just two minutes of pure chaos lol.

So yes you're right, there already a few ST and Marvel theme rides. And yes, they will overlay the RnRC in Paris to an Iron Man coaster as well. All of that slipped my mind oddly.

Professortango1

I'll never forget riding it during the unannounced cast previews, where we entered in from backstage, had to seal our phones, etc.

I waited less then 15 minutes to ride it. And when I got off, they were still loading it so I could have gone again. But instead, I walked back around and decided I'd rather do a different ride. Fun, but very 'meh' especially since I'm not a fan of sequel era Star Wars.

Yeah, I think that's a big part. Kylo Ren is my favourite Star Wars character, so the ride really lands with me.

Professortango1

May I ask you why he is your favorite?

I just find his character really engaging. In the Force Awakens he is this petulant child who desperately wants to be feared and obeyed, but his own insecurities and humanity is holding him back from being the man he thinks he wants to be. Then Johnson gave us an incredible backstory to the character and why he rejected his family and all that was good due to this betrayal. He has so much pain and anger and he can't process it. His speech in Last Jedi where he's trying to convince Rey to join him is great. So much of Star Wars is aimed at 12 year olds and the characters are fairly simplistic. I felt like this was the first truly dynamic character Star Wars delivered and his juxtaposition with Luke in TLJ made it one of my favourite SW films.

I feel like Kylo Ren is what they were only able to attempt melodramatically with Anakin in the prequels. He's a great villain that you sympathize with. It also doesn't hurt that Driver is the best actor in a Star Wars film, second maybe to Guinness.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I just find his character really engaging. In the Force Awakens he is this petulant child who desperately wants to be feared and obeyed, but his own insecurities and humanity is holding him back from being the man he thinks he wants to be. Then Johnson gave us an incredible backstory to the character and why he rejected his family and all that was good due to this betrayal. He has so much pain and anger and he can't process it. His speech in Last Jedi where he's trying to convince Rey to join him is great. So much of Star Wars is aimed at 12 year olds and the characters are fairly simplistic. I felt like this was the first truly dynamic character Star Wars delivered and his juxtaposition with Luke in TLJ made it one of my favourite SW films.

I feel like Kylo Ren is what they were only able to attempt melodramatically with Anakin in the prequels. He's a great villain that you sympathize with. It also doesn't hurt that Driver is the best actor in a Star Wars film, second maybe to Guinness.
fair enough although I disagree with you he is the best actor. Harrison Ford to me is the best actor in any Star Wars film.

Professortango1

fair enough although I disagree with you he is the best actor. Harrison Ford to me is the best actor in any Star Wars film.

I think Ford has done some great work. He's a really good performer, like Clooney and other mega stars. I put Driver in a class above though. I do think Ford nails Han Solo 4/5 films he's in, and I don't blame him for being hokey in Return of the Jedi as his character is written terribly for that film.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I think Ford has done some great work. He's a really good performer, like Clooney and other mega stars. I put Driver in a class above though. I do think Ford nails Han Solo 4/5 films he's in, and I don't blame him for being hokey in Return of the Jedi as his character is written terribly for that film.
Fair enough. I can't argue with you about Return of the Jedi

Professortango1

Fair enough. I can't argue with you about Return of the Jedi
I really wished they had killed him off in Empire. He has a great turn from being the selfish rogue to a selfless martyr. His story arc is complete. And then he comes back as a sitcom dad, stumbling around and doing broad takes. I liked what they did with him and Ben in the new trilogy eventually, but I was sad to see Abrams start him off with where he was at the start of New Hope. The scene with him and Ben/Ren is probably the best thing in Rise of Skywalker.

Ford did a great job overcoming my worries as he had been getting a Bruce Willis rep prior to that.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I really wished they had killed him off in Empire. He has a great turn from being the selfish rogue to a selfless martyr. His story arc is complete. And then he comes back as a sitcom dad, stumbling around and doing broad takes. I liked what they did with him and Ben in the new trilogy eventually, but I was sad to see Abrams start him off with where he was at the start of New Hope. The scene with him and Ben/Ren is probably the best thing in Rise of Skywalker.

Ford did a great job overcoming my worries as he had been getting a Bruce Willis rep prior to that.
I like that he lived. didn't think he had much to do in Jedi but he had a nice arc. he ended up being a general in the rebellion and lead his own team on a mission on endor. great arc. just wish he had more to do on Endor but whatever. I hated how the Disney movies treated all the original characters and turned Han back into a smuggler loser and dead beat dad and hated how they killed him.

mickEblu

I honestly enjoyed the sequel trilogy and I have blasphemously gone on record saying I find it more entertaining than the OT. My opinion of ROTR strictly has to do with the ride experience.

Professortango1

I honestly enjoyed the sequel trilogy and I have blasphemously gone on record saying I find it more entertaining than the OT. My opinion of ROTR strictly has to do with the ride experience.

That's cool. I love the Guardians of the Galaxy yet think Mission BO is one of the worst things Disney has put out in decades. I understand the criticisms of ROTR, its not my favourite by any means. I'd rather ride Indy or Splash.

J4546

I liked the og ToT a lot, but I also think they did a great job with the GotG retheme. And I understand why they did it with an all new marvel land being built beside it and trying to tie it all in. I kinda wish they had done a different marvel hero theme. I read Dr Strange was a possibility and I think that would have been a bit better imo but Im fine with the GotG.

ToTBellHop

I just need to know if WDI is working on the haptic technology required to make it feel like Scarlett Johansson Black Widow is touching me. If my PS5 can make it feel like I’m drawing my bow string, WDI should be able to do much more with $300 million.

3D glasses won’t cut it in 2025. Haptic suits for every guest!

1612878740294.gif

truecoat

I'm hoping the retcon is more than rumor. That would make me happy.

truecoat

I think they just have to lay in the bed they made. Pretending like these 3 blockbusters you made don’t exist is silly. Really cheapens the company I feel like.

They'll be like all the books considered now non canon. Just an alternate future that now never happened because it was so bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom