Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Professortango1

The score is more physically thrilling?
I didn't say physical, I said thrilling. The reason I prefer Disney parks over Six Flags parks is I enjoy the storytelling and psychological aspects of rides more than just G-forces. Batman the ride is physically more thrilling than any Disney attraction, but if just gauging personal thrill, I'd compare it to Peter Pan.

Thrilling is a adjective that describes an emotional response. Its like "exciting" or "scary" or "mesmerizing." If someone asked me to picked which thrilled me more; ROTR's score or the first drop on Pirates, I'd pick ROTR's score. Pirates is fun and a work of art, but not my personal definition of thrilling.

I didn't know that pathway was still there.
It’s not there currently. Path blocked just outside Space Mountain store exit and at Goofy Barnstormer during Tron construction. The pathway between these points was removed and unsure if it will be put back as Autotopia roadway was reworked (shortened and tighter curve) for new train path/tunnel and Tron canopy - there‘s still a narrow area that the pathway could be replaced.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

POTC is for sure more thrilling than Millenium Falcon and Rise of the Wanabe Rebellion for sure. To me neither of those look thrilling. At all. Pirates has best of both worlds- physical and emotional thrills to this day. Falcon is just a wanabe star tours with less movement and a video game. You don't even enter the ship from the ramp as it is ALWAYS portrayed in the original films (the disney movies suck so I don't count them). Rise is just a dark ride with too many pre-shows that just glides you from room to room. you don't do anything to save the day but at the end Beck says you did a good job for some reason and you just end up back on batuu where you started. um hello? we had a appointment with Princess Leia to get to, why are we back on batuu?? it is wheel spinning the ride.

mickEblu

I didn't say physical, I said thrilling. The reason I prefer Disney parks over Six Flags parks is I enjoy the storytelling and psychological aspects of rides more than just G-forces. Batman the ride is physically more thrilling than any Disney attraction, but if just gauging personal thrill, I'd compare it to Peter Pan.

Thrilling is a adjective that describes an emotional response. Its like "exciting" or "scary" or "mesmerizing." If someone asked me to picked which thrilled me more; ROTR's score or the first drop on Pirates, I'd pick ROTR's score. Pirates is fun and a work of art, but not my personal definition of thrilling.

But i asked a direct question asking what moment was more physically thrilling on ROTR than Pirates first drop and you responded by saying that the score was more thrilling. I know what thrilling means, thanks. Lol. I know you didn’t say physically thrilling but you didn’t answer my question either.

Professortango1

But i asked a direct question asking what moment was more physically thrilling on ROTR than Pirates first drop and you responded by saying that the score was more thrilling. I know what thrilling means, thanks. Lol. I know you didn’t say physically thrilling but you didn’t answer my question either.

The escape shuttle drop and motion simulator sequence easily.

mickEblu

I would agree with this. The first drop in Pirates is more exhilarating and thrilling than any point in ROTR.

I honestly found ROTR to be a one and done.

It isn’t my favorite but I would like to ride it every once in a while. I just wouldn’t prioritize it over any if the mountains, POTC, HM etc. Besides you have to be there at the Butt crack of dawn to have a chance. When things stabilize one day it’ll probably be in my rotation of rides but more like every 3rd or 4th visit type thing. Unless the line is short, which probably won’t happen for 20 years if ever.

Californian Elitist

It isn’t my favorite but I would like to ride it every once in a while. I just wouldn’t prioritize it over any if the mountains, POTC, HM etc. Besides you have to be there at the Butt crack of dawn to have a chance. When things stabilize one day it’ll probably be in my rotation of rides but more like every 3rd or 4th visit type thing. Unless the line is short, which probably won’t happen for 20 years if ever.
To me, it’s not worth the effort to ride. Making reservations for a ride I don’t enjoy that much is a no for me. But I agree with you, of that system is ever taken away and standby wait times are less than an hour, then I’d be happy to ride.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

To me, it’s not worth the effort to ride. Making reservations for a ride I don’t enjoy that much is a no for me. But I agree with you, of that system is ever taken away and standby wait times are less than an hour, then I’d be happy to ride.
In all seriousness, can I ask you your take on the ride and why you did not enjoy it? I don't recall what you have previously said about the ride? I am curious of your opinion overall.

mickEblu

Yeah it was super mild. Like 1/2 of one of the small drops on GOTG: MB. If the that. I did enjoy the simulator crash landing back to earth. That was a much welcome change of pace and pretty well done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Californian Elitist

In all seriousness, can I ask you your take on the ride and why you did not enjoy it? I don't recall what you have previously said about the ride? I am curious of your opinion overall.
I didn’t dislike it. It’s an okay ride. I wasn’t blown away by it by any means. It reminded me of Transformers at Universal, gliding from set to set. I just wasn’t too impressed. I can think of a few rides at DLR that are more impressive.

Professortango1

Really? I found it underwhelming. I was expecting at least the sensation of one of the little drops on GOTG: MB. It was like 1/2 a little drop on GOTG:MB.
Yeah, its not a huge physical force, but neither is the first drop on Pirates. Rise's drop compared to Mission BO is minimal similar to how Pirates' drop is minimal compared to Splash Mountain's drop. Rise's drop gives me a bigger physical thrill because it comes as a surprise.

mickEblu

I didn’t dislike it. It’s an okay ride. I wasn’t blown away by it by any means. It reminded me of Transformers at Universal, gliding from set to set. I just wasn’t too impressed. I can think of a few rides at DLR that are more impressive.

Same here. I can think of at least 7-8. That’s not me trying to downplay ROTR. Their are a lot of great attractions at DLR.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Ok thank you. I was curious.

Californian Elitist

Same here. I can think of at least 7-8. That’s not me trying to downplay ROTR. Their are a lot of great attractions at DLR.
Exactly. I’m not dissing the ride. They clearly put some effort into it and I would say the scale of the ride is impressive.

I’ve ridden Indy hundreds of times and I’m still amazed by it. It’s definitely one that’s more impressive than Rise, for me.

If the Avengers ride is on the table, I’m hoping it’s better than Rise.
Ok thank you. I was curious.
You’re welcome.

BrianLo

Original Poster
But I do agree with you, it is odd we have so many Star Wars and Marvel rides coming and not one that is a bonafide thrill ride.

I mean, Avengers Campus already contains arguably the most thrilling ride in the resort. I'm not sure why it is being discounted. So outside of getting rid of it, an in between Flight of Passage-like ride makes way more sense.

I kind of see the point with Star Wars... in actual Galaxy's Edge. But Star Tours hasn't gone away yet and Hyperspace is kicking around half the time. Both franchises have plenty of thrill rides.

Worldwide Iron Man is taking over a coaster, Guardians is getting a coaster, Iron Man got Star Tours. 🤷‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom