Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Has anyone noticed any changes to Hollywoodland with the opening of Avengers Campus? I.E removal of Marvel theming, removal of meet-n-greets, or general lack of activity in the area?

waltography

Has anyone noticed any changes to Hollywoodland with the opening of Avengers Campus? I.E removal of Marvel theming, removal of meet-n-greets, or general lack of activity in the area?
Hollywoodland proper is still pretty busy, but only because it serves as extended dining space; nothing's actually happening in the land. Both Marvel photo ops for WandaVision and FatWS are still available in the land right by the Avengers Campus soundstage shop.

Figments Friend

I really hope this is the breaking point for interactive screen based shooter attractions, and interactive attractions in general. It's one thing for Six Flags or the Dubai/UAE parks to install these things. They're a low budget option of a dark ride. It's another thing for Disney and Universal to do them. No matter who releases them though, the result is almost always mediocre at best.

From now on, every creative team designing a ride should ask themselves the following before greenlighting a project: "Could this ride experience be a stationary kiosk?" If YES, then DO NOT BUILD. The same was true for the Spaceship Earth 2007 ending, and it's still true today.

YES!!!

This!

🙌

-

MarvelCharacterNerd

Things I didn't mind but you might: It is an arm workout (whether that's good or bad depends on you).
The workout was a big reason I enjoyed the attraction. It was active and I burned some calories. :) My physical therapist was amazed at the activity level I described, but I think he's gonna be shocked that I managed to stand all those hours in the standby line on Friday. But I said, if I have to crawl, I'm making it into that land on opening day. lol And I'm glad I did - even if I'll be feeling the pain from that line for quite a while!

But it was worth it to see so many of my cast and park-going friends again! ❤️

My full write-up with pics is up now:

But honestly, I got so many beauty shots throughout the land, especially in the evening, that I'm going to pull a bunch of those to post separately, because yes, non-believers, there's beauty to be found here. :)

Giss Neric

Okay so what I’ve decided, it’s only one stunt man on the roof, and he tracks across the entire roof, starting at the far end crane, and ending with the wall climb.

This is why they have that gap between him running into the red section and the launch of the Stunt-tronic. The vent behind the tumble section is likely used for him to run to the other side to get hooked up for the wall climb.

Then once down from the wall claim, meet and greet Spider-Man takes over.

After watching a lot of vids, this is exactly right. Notice after the jump when stunt spidey swings and crawls down the wall, the one who appears in meet and greets doesn't have the same built as the stunt spidey. Meet and greet spidey is more leaner and has a flatter butt than stunt spidey LOL!

Giss Neric

It’s not similar because Justice League is leagues better😜.
As much as it is true, Web Slingers will still most likely get more foot traffic and attention from the majority than Justice Leagues. If I go to Six Flags, I would choose to ride rollercoasters than this one dark ride they have.

britain

Gotta say, if these gauntlets were simply toys you could buy, they’re pretty nifty. I didn’t know the Iron Man one doubles as a fan and the Spider-Man one spits (and retracts) a web string.

Pretend the fact that they affect your ride experience as a special bonus.

waltography

First video I’ve seen of iron man gauntlet used on ride:

I saw lots of young kids around DCA yesterday with the Power Band + attachments; anecdotally, of the people that are buying these things, they're trying to buy the "full" package.

However, from the leaderboards (which are conveniently displayed both in the ride exit and the campus shop), only 1 team of the top 10 in the month had any WEB tech at all. The leaderboard displayed that the team had 6 accessories out of a possible 8, so we can conclude 3 people had two Power Bands each (which seems... excessive).

This leads me to believe that save for perhaps the base Power Band that can shoot multiple webs, this tech doesn't really affect your score and is purely an aesthetic power up (with the caveat that I haven't seen a basic Power Band in use, only ones with attachments, plus it's only been open to the public for two days). I'd be curious to see the leaderboard split at the end of the month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom