Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Tom Morrow

I really hope this is the breaking point for interactive screen based shooter attractions, and interactive attractions in general. It's one thing for Six Flags or the Dubai/UAE parks to install these things. They're a low budget option of a dark ride. It's another thing for Disney and Universal to do them. No matter who releases them though, the result is almost always mediocre at best.

From now on, every creative team designing a ride should ask themselves the following before greenlighting a project: "Could this ride experience be a stationary kiosk?" If YES, then DO NOT BUILD. The same was true for the Spaceship Earth 2007 ending, and it's still true today.

waltography

CMs have been going up and down the line telling anyone with a mobile food order they could go in.

Wish I’d ordered ahead but didn’t think I’d get in!

Got a backup boarding group at 12 but no guarantee of getting in so staying in the standby line. Nearly three hours and counting!
Wishing you best of luck! Glad you at least had the chance to experience the land during previews, I can hardly imagine the folks spending $150+ waiting in standby for the shot to get in.

mickEblu

CMs have been going up and down the line telling anyone with a mobile food order they could go in.

Wish I’d ordered ahead but didn’t think I’d get in!

Got a backup boarding group at 12 but no guarantee of getting in so staying in the standby line. Nearly three hours and counting!

Please step out of that line. Ill pick up a Spider-Man costume from Party City and meet you in the esplanade. Also, what do you want from Zankou Chicken?

VJ

And I think they did learn their lesson with GE. It looks like you will really interact with the characters in AC.
this aged like milk, to be completely honest

the spider-man show and avengers show would have been better if they were combined, on their own they don't feel satisfying

same with the spider-man ride, feels hollow, like something's missing

combined with the fact if you don't order food in the first 5 minutes of the land's opening you don't eat all day... not a good look for disney at all.

cheapek reigns.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

giphy.gif
Its true. why do you think the character became steve rodgers in the comics again? spoiler alert- no one purchased them when he was falcon. having a different character take up the mantle of a already established character is a stupid idea unless you do something creative with it or have the original hero involved. look at batman. bruce wayne is batman. when he got too old and had to retire because he physically couldn't be batman anymore, he had terry mcguinnes be his fieled agent why he was behind the computer still watching things. they were smart to keep bruce envolved. miles morlaes is not spider-man. that is why his book was cancelled. i am not wrong here.

Last edited:

fctiger

this aged like milk, to be completely honest

the spider-man show and avengers show would have been better if they were combined, on their own they don't feel satisfying

same with the spider-man ride, feels hollow, like something's missing

combined with the fact if you don't order food in the first 5 minutes of the land's opening you don't eat all day... not a good look for disney at all.

cheapek reigns.

We have to agree to disagree about the stunt shows. I watched them all on Youtube and looks great!

Haven't seen the WEB ride yet but yeah it definitely sounds very mixed. But overall like what I see on the campus in general. But NO rush to see it on my own, especially with the crazy food situation, but that sounds like an issue all over the resort right now.

J4546

my gf loved spiderman ride and said the highlight of the land is that there are so many avengers walking around and interacting with people and shows to see. Constant action happening around the park, i hope it stays that way!

Seems like this is a live action oriented and, and I dig it. You got all the avengers/bad guys doing shows on the headquarters and walking around the land, wakanda spear spinning show on the central courtyard area, spiderman robot and meet n greet by webslingers, GotG dance off, and dedicated dr strange magic show, cant wait to see what they add over the next couple months/years! Also I think that extra building on top of Pyms that is pointed toward avengers HQ is a control room for sound effects that go with the show. I like how they are using the HQ building for a set piece.

Last edited:

britain

Love this profile, really fits the character!
Plus, be aware that the stuntronic's main objective is to shift weight in such a way that it will land in the same spot on the net every time. It's never exactly the same animation twice, because it's constantly recalibrating for tiny variations in wind, pitch, yaw, etc.

But, yes, that is a funny variation on the 'heroic' version of the flight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom